X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BCS 2013-14: This space for rent

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    Some more fun game playing.

If Missouri wins, does that move Alabama up to 3? Better yet, if Osu or fsu lose, does Alabama play the winner in the NC game over mizzu? Thus making conference championships moot?
    Conference championships are already moot.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      Conference championships are already moot.
      I thought the BCS changed the rule so you have to win your conference championship after the LSU/Alabama debacle???
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        I thought the BCS changed the rule so you have to win your conference championship after the LSU/Alabama debacle???
        Why would they do that? If they were going to do something radical like that, they'd have done it when Nebraska made the championship game and gone blown out.

Also, Washington coach Steve Sarkisian has taken the head coaching job at USC.

Comment

Why would they do that? If they were going to do something radical like that, they'd have done it when Nebraska made the championship game and gone blown out.

Ok, I stand corrected. I don't see how that's radical though.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
            Interesting, kinda sucks for UW but let's see who replaces him I guess.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              Isn't that the one that holds the NFL record for longest scoring play? 109 yards?
              Yes, and happened in the same game that Adrian Peterson set the NFL single-game rushing record of 296 yds.
              SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
              UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
              Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
              Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
              UMD Football: 2008, 2010
              UMD Men: 2011

Comment

A little vent. Constantly, the talking heads want the best two teams to meet for the bcs game. As if that is actually what happens in all other sport. We all know that it does not- when was the last time the "best" teams met up for hockey or bb? Let alone win it all?

The football season is very much like the bb championship where 7 games in a row are won or the hockey where 5 are won. And upsets regularly take out the "best". This is the exact same thing. If fsu and osu win this weekend they have completed the requirements better than bama or auburn. Done.

Comment

Awesome. The parade of ********* coaches continues at USC. Don't bother sticking with the guy that turned the team around after the Kiffin debacle. Instead go with the guy who's done **** for several years at UW and whose main accomplishment this year was whining the other team faked injuries when his team lost.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                    A little vent. Constantly, the talking heads want the best two teams to meet for the bcs game. As if that is actually what happens in all other sport. We all know that it does not- when was the last time the "best" teams met up for hockey or bb? Let alone win it all?

The football season is very much like the bb championship where 7 games in a row are won or the hockey where 5 are won. And upsets regularly take out the "best". This is the exact same thing. If fsu and osu win this weekend they have completed the requirements better than bama or auburn. Done.
                    Well, 6 and 4 wins, anyway.

The "requirements" are just to be #1 or #2 in the BCS ranking; there's nothing that says undefeated teams or conference champions or anyone else should get any special considerations. Whoever ends up #1 and #2 will have met the requirements; the others will not have - simple as that.

I can just hear the whining now about weak schedules if the title game were ever to be changed to "a game between the two highest-ranked undefeated teams." You could kiss even halfway decent inter-conference matchups goodbye in that case.
                    Last edited by LynahFan; 12-02-2013, 02:23 PM.
                    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

I'm puzzled at what USC is doing. I may stand corrected, but who knows. Washington should hire Chris Peterson.
                      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                        I'm puzzled at what USC is doing. I may stand corrected, but who knows. Washington should hire Chris Peterson.
                        What I find funny is they still went ahead and hired one of the cheaters assistants. Course, Washington had already done that.

Too funny.

Comment

When Kiffin was fired, Sarkisian is the first guy I thought of. As time went on, I bought into them looking for a big name guy, but I don't think this is the head scratcher that others do.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                            Awesome. The parade of ********* coaches continues at USC. Don't bother sticking with the guy that turned the team around after the Kiffin debacle. Instead go with the guy who's done **** for several years at UW and whose main accomplishment this year was whining the other team faked injuries when his team lost.
                            You realize how bad the Washington program was when he took over, right? He's turned it around significantly, just hasn't been able to break through with a 10 win season. He'll get better players at USC and should win more games. Orgeron deserves a lot of credit for what he did, but I can't fault an AD with second thoughts on a coach who did so horribly at Ole Miss.

Everyone knows the BCS is flawed. What I don't like is the way too simplistic argument that "Team A won all of its games. Team B lost a game. Thus, team A is more deserving of a title shot. That is such a cop out. Complete nonsense to make it so simple. Ohio State's resume of wins is not as impressive as some other teams in the mix. Their toughest road game was at a very mediocre Michigan team. Their best home win was against Wisconsin. A team with a mediocre QB who just lost at home to a mediocre Penn State team. If I were a voter, I would take everything into consideration and not just that 12-0 is better than 11-1. That's dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              You realize how bad the Washington program was when he took over, right? He's turned it around significantly, just hasn't been able to break through with a 10 win season. He'll get better players at USC and should win more games. Orgeron deserves a lot of credit for what he did, but I can't fault an AD with second thoughts on a coach who did so horribly at Ole Miss.
                              Yeah yeah he picked them up after Willingham, but having to hear from UW fans every year after they start out with a few wins how they're back and its the rebirth of their 1991 team, and then hearing them whine incessantly when October hits and they finish with 7 wins make it hard to root for anything associated with that program.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Everyone knows the BCS is flawed. What I don't like is the way too simplistic argument that "Team A won all of its games. Team B lost a game. Thus, team A is more deserving of a title shot. That is such a cop out. Complete nonsense to make it so simple. Ohio State's resume of wins is not as impressive as some other teams in the mix. Their toughest road game was at a very mediocre Michigan team. Their best home win was against Wisconsin. A team with a mediocre QB who just lost at home to a mediocre Penn State team. If I were a voter, I would take everything into consideration and not just that 12-0 is better than 11-1. That's dumb.
                                So then if #1 loses in the bb or hockey tournament, they get another shot then?

You can say the same thing about those tournaments.

Again, many times, one can say that the best teams don't even make the ff's. This is no different.

Comment

Working...
                                X