X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    I'll refer to this as "best case scenario"

Only if auburn jumps them today
    Then mizzou wins sec champ next week and jumps them then too!
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Re: BCS 2013-14: This space for rent

The problem with no SEC team in the National Championship is that then the SEC bobos will just say they didn't win because they beat each other.
      SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
      UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
      Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
      Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
      UMD Football: 2008, 2010
      UMD Men: 2011

Comment

FSU has SEC talent. it's the ohio state defense that doesn't. to me, i think a few SEC teams are better than ohio state. just my opinion.

Comment

fast forward to next year. at the moment, four team playoff could look like:

1. FSU vs. 4. Alabama
          2. Ohio State vs. 3. Missouri/Auburn winner

what's weird is that advancing to and playing in the SEC title game would end up hurting the loser, while Alabama would benefit by not being in it. At the same time, Alabama's lone loss would be a better loss than Auburn losing at LSU or Mizzou losing at home to South Carolina.

Comment

Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
            The problem with no SEC team in the National Championship is that then the SEC bobos will just say they didn't win because they beat each other.
            That's what we say in the Pac-12 every year!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

BCS STANDINGS

FSU #1
              tOSU #2
              Auburn #3
              Bama #4
              Mizzou #5
              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
                I'm willing to live with that 'problem'.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                  BCS STANDINGS

FSU #1
                  tOSU #2
                  Auburn #3
                  Bama #4
                  Mizzou #5
                  And with the advantage OSU currently has, with a win over a top 10 MSU, they're in.

The Big Ten hasn't been very good this year. Additionally, neither has the SEC. The preseason bias in the polls has helped them immensely in dominating the rankings; for example, Texas AM is #24 with a horrific defense and zero top 25 wins; their best win is against a crappy Ole Miss team. South Carolina lost to a horrible Tennesee team. Missouri has 1 top 25 win. Florida started the year at #10 for Pete's sake!; they're God awful.(yes I know they had injuries, but they still had a very anemic offense prior.) Alabama is great. Auburn is good as well, and Missouri looks good too. LSU is over rated, and so is South Carolina. The SEC has a few very good teams, but depth wise, they're not nearly as strong as recent years.

OSU better get in if they win. If not, college football has completely turned into a joke.
                  AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                    I remember Antonio Cromartie did against the Vikings one year. I want to say it was the game where people finally started to notice how good Adrian was...
                    Isn't that the one that holds the NFL record for longest scoring play? 109 yards?
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: BCS 2013-14: This space for rent

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                      And with the advantage OSU currently has, with a win over a top 10 MSU, they're in.

The Big Ten hasn't been very good this year. Additionally, neither has the SEC. The preseason bias in the polls has helped them immensely in dominating the rankings; for example, Texas AM is #24 with a horrific defense and zero top 25 wins; their best win is against a crappy Ole Miss team. South Carolina lost to a horrible Tennesee team. Missouri has 1 top 25 win. Florida started the year at #10 for Pete's sake!; they're God awful.(yes I know they had injuries, but they still had a very anemic offense prior.) Alabama is great. Auburn is good as well, and Missouri looks good too. LSU is over rated, and so is South Carolina. The SEC has a few very good teams, but depth wise, they're not nearly as strong as recent years.

OSU better get in if they win. If not, college football has completely turned into a joke.
                      Furthermore, Auburn's only OOC game this year against a power conference opponent was pretty mediocre. They waddled past a Washington State that went 4-5 in the Pac 12, in their own building by a touchdown. I know a lot can change in the course of a year, but that result certainly doesn't have me thinking these SEC West champs deserve a shot over Ohio State.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoomGoestheDynamite View Post
                        Furthermore, Auburn's only OOC game this year against a power conference opponent was pretty mediocre. They waddled past a Washington State that went 4-5 in the Pac 12, in their own building by a touchdown. I know a lot can change in the course of a year, but that result certainly doesn't have me thinking these SEC West champs deserve a shot over Ohio State.
                        Exactly. It's a crucial year for the Big Ten in the bowls. While it hasn't had a great year, neither has the SEC or Big 12. It looks like a good opportunity to start becoming relevant again.
                        AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by BoomGoestheDynamite View Post
                          Stop using actual performance this year as a measuring stick. You're supposed to factor in what the conference has done as far as seven years ago, because in any sport what you did in previous seasons impacts the current season, and in a sport where players only have four years of eligibility going back as far as seven years is even more relevant.

Also the ACC fans are apparently bragging because they have the highest percentage of bowl eligible teams. I think it's cute when conferences with 8 conference games do that.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                            Stop using actual performance this year as a measuring stick. You're supposed to factor in what the conference has done as far as seven years ago, because in any sport what you did in previous seasons impacts the current season, and in a sport where players only have four years of eligibility going back as far as seven years is even more relevant.

Also the ACC fans are apparently bragging because they have the highest percentage of bowl eligible teams. I think it's cute when conferences with 8 conference games do that.
                            Actually, it's impressive Syracuse got to a bowl. Projected 4-8 with a new coach and new QB and got it done. Sure, you may laugh about being happy my team is 6-6, but there were zero expectations. Very pleased so far with SU's progress.
                            Twitter: DanMountSports
                            2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Some more fun game playing.

If Missouri wins, does that move Alabama up to 3? Better yet, if Osu or fsu lose, does Alabama play the winner in the NC game over mizzu? Thus making conference championships moot?

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                                Some more fun game playing.

If Missouri wins, does that move Alabama up to 3? Better yet, if Osu or fsu lose, does Alabama play the winner in the NC game over mizzu? Thus making conference championships moot?
                                My head exploded reading this.
                                AF 99

Comment

Working...
                                X