BCS 2013-14: This space for rent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Is the ability to run a FG back a recently added rule either in the NCAA or NFL? I could be wrong about that...
    I believe the rule has always been there, it's just pretty rare anymore for a field goal try to come down in the field of play for the ball to be returned.
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Re: BCS 2013-14: This space for rent

Is the ability to run a FG back a recently added rule either in the NCAA or NFL? I could be wrong about that...
      I remember Antonio Cromartie did against the Vikings one year. I want to say it was the game where people finally started to notice how good Adrian was...
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Alabama would need both Florida State and Ohio State to lose to set up a game vs the Auburn-Missouri winner. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see the SEC champion leap undefeated Ohio State.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
          Alabama would need both Florida State and Ohio State to lose to set up a game vs the Auburn-Missouri winner. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see the SEC champion leap undefeated Ohio State.
          i could see a ballot cast that reads

1) fsu
          2) auburn
          3) alabama
          4) osu
          5) mizzou

not like alabama was beat 'badly'. hell, flukey describes it well. and a voter could sit there and ask "if bama played osu, i would bet on ____" and write bame in at 3.

it'll be interesting tomorrow...
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Always been a possibility, but since Nathan Vasher did it for the Chicago Bears several years ago, it hasn't been taken advantage of for the most part... Teams seemed to figure that getting the ball at the spot of the FG would be better than trying to run the kick back....

Since Vasher did it for the Bears, more teams have tired it... They would send one guy back... It's just been one of those quirks in the rules that coaches never considered (much like the fair catch, free kick scenario)...
            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

That was a hell of a finish. Just imagine what that was like to be in the stadium during the runback.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Any person who votes Auburn and/or Alabama over OSU should immediately be shot in the head.
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                  Any person who votes Auburn and/or Alabama over OSU should immediately be shot in the head.
                  bUT TEH b!g IS SO TERRIBLE111!1
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                    Everybody in SECland will...

They've won 7 NC's in a row and will be licking their chops to have one of Alabama/Auburn play a possibly Winstonless FSU...

MNS - forking genius.

MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                      Everybody in SECland will...

They've won 7 NC's in a row and will be licking their chops to have one of Alabama/Auburn play a possibly Winstonless FSU...
                      Eliminating a few dozen southern hicks will only help make the world a better place. I'm willing to donate a gun and the bullets to the cause. Is Maurice Claurett in jail or anything? He seems like he'd be an ideal candidate for the job of dispatching these yahoos. He can't really be doing much right now.
                      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                        bUT TEH b!g IS SO TERRIBLE111!1
                        I don't understand your point. The Big Ten has undoubtedly been atrocious this year.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          I don't understand your point. The Big Ten has undoubtedly been atrocious this year.
                          It has, and it's the reason that OSU will get shafted.

Comment

Rivalry game or not, when you give up 41 points to a Michigan team with a dreadful offensive line/anemic offense for large stretches of the season, I would have second thoughts about voting Ohio State #2. Hopefully it becomes a moot point after they lose to Michigan State.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              Rivalry game or not, when you give up 41 points to a Michigan team with a dreadful offensive line/anemic offense for large stretches of the season, I would have second thoughts about voting Ohio State #2. Hopefully it becomes a moot point after they lose to Michigan State.
                              I hope they beat MSU and still don't make it. Much lulz will be had.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                                I hope they beat MSU and still don't make it. Much lulz will be had.
                                I'll refer to this as "best case scenario"

MNS - forking genius.

I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X