Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BCS 2013-14: This space for rent

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
    Which one of those did you end up picking?

General Studies?
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

USC makes some late recruiting moves and jumps to #10. Very impressive. Reports are that the NCAA will docket them one scholarship for each place they moved up.
      Originally posted by Priceless
      Good to see you're so reasonable.
      Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
      Very well, said.
      Originally posted by Rover
      A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

• Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
        General Studies?
        Sounds right for a CE drop out.

Comment

Missouri's SEC Defensive Player of the Year announced he's gay publicly today. He'll likely be the first openly gay man in the NFL.
          AF 99

Comment

While it's not Jackie Robinson big...still a pretty d*mn big deal...
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
              While it's not Jackie Robinson big...still a pretty d*mn big deal...
              Cue the derp reaction in 3... 2...
              Twitter: DanMountSports
              2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

• Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                Cue the derp reaction in 3... 2...
                Who cares? The best reaction would be none at all.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                  Missouri's SEC Defensive Player of the Year announced he's gay publicly today. He'll likely be the first openly gay man in the NFL.
                  ESPN is going all out - seems like 1/2 of each hour show is about this.
                  Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
                    Is there anything ESPN covers that they don't go all out on? I guess with 24/7 to fill they have to do like a lot of media and kick up dust about all sorts of stuff.
                    Very well, said.
                    A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

ESPN is pretty brutal with things like this. This is very important news, yes. Shouldn't people highly in support of gay athletes being who they are, etc. want this to be small news or none at all? That's being treated like everyone else, is it not?

I understand this is the start of moving towards that attitude, but ESPN, just like everything else, is trying to find every little thing to talk about with a story.
                      AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                        Is there anything ESPN covers that they don't go all out on? I guess with 24/7 to fill they have to do like a lot of media and kick up dust about all sorts of stuff.
                        That's ESPN. Nothing else to talk about, aside from the (NBC) Olympics.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

So basically that OSU guy picked the perfect time to go into the stands.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

I'm honestly worried the media circus will burn people out on him and hurt him more than it will help him. Last thing you want is to get the derp squad yapping "ENOUGH ALREADY!" Once they start, they don't stop.

Chris Warcraft has discussed this a few times. He thinks the biggest issue with gay players will be the front offices for this reason. Though there are plenty of gay-friendly executives out there, the second a player comes out the media circus fires up and he risks becoming a Tebow-esque distraction. Supposedly there are already several gay players who have gotten together and discussed coming out, but are waiting for the right timing and climate.

Suppose someone had to go first though, so it's not a big deal later on.
                            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                              Chris Warcraft has discussed this a few times. He thinks the biggest issue with gay players will be the front offices for this reason. Though there are plenty of gay-friendly executives out there, the second a player comes out the media circus fires up and he risks becoming a Tebow-esque distraction. Supposedly there are already several gay players who have gotten together and discussed coming out, but are waiting for the right timing and climate.
                              And I have no problem with this line of thinking by GM's. The media circus could be a serious distraction, and even if they have no issues with having a gay player, they most likely will have a problem with a player that brings the circus to town, for whatever reason. With that said, the kid is going to get drafted, so it is going to happen. Hopefully this is the big hurdle, and from here on we only get better about it.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Pretty devastating story in the New York Times about the rape investigation involving Jameis Winston at Florida State, or more like the lack of investigation. Heads should roll.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...n.html?hp&_r=1
                                Very well, said.
                                A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Working...
                                X