Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BCS 2013-14: This space for rent

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Honestly I thought all last night did was bring even more teams into the discussion for #1. I think FSU, Auburn, MSU, Stanford and even Alabama all can make a case.
    Uhhh what? They can fight over #2, not sure how anyone else could lay claim to #1. What is Auburn's claim? We came close? How would MSU and Stanford have a claim? Did MSU not show themselves better than Stanford? Does Alabama come out and say they would've beaten OU if they had only tried? Does MSU get a redo against 4 loss ND? Since actual results don't seem to matter why isn't UCF in the discussion, they are the 1 loss team with the "best" loss.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
      Uhhh what? They can fight over #2, not sure how anyone else could lay claim to #1. What is Auburn's claim? We came close? How would MSU and Stanford have a claim? Did MSU not show themselves better than Stanford? Does Alabama come out and say they would've beaten OU if they had only tried? Does MSU get a redo against 4 loss ND? Since actual results don't seem to matter why isn't UCF in the discussion, they are the 1 loss team with the "best" loss.
      I like your thinking. I nominate Clemson! They beat Ohio State, who was pretty good, and Georgia before the Bulldogs got decimated by injuries. The only losses were by a couple scores to #1 Florida State and #4 South Carolina. If they only hadn't turned the ball over a combined 10 times in those two losses... At the very least, they should be #2
      Last edited by Fighting Sioux 23; 01-07-2014, 01:23 PM.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        What happened to the resident FSU slut round these parts?
        Partially inactive. have had some health issues. Enjoyed last night
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

How does State look for next year? I believe they are losing a couple key defensive guys but don't know anything more than that.

I'm bummed that college football is over.
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
            How does State look for next year? I believe they are losing a couple key defensive guys but don't know anything more than that.

I'm bummed that college football is over.
            Which State?

The East in the B1G is going to be a two horse race between MSU and OSU, and that should be fun to watch. MSU loses some key pieces on defense, but they've been good at reloading and not rebuilding on that side of the ball.

FSU should be **** good again next year as well.
            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
              Partially inactive. have had some health issues. Enjoyed last night
              Sorry to hear about the health issues - hope things turn around for you soon.

Comment

FWIW, the Columbus Dispatch reports that Braxton Miller is returning for his senior season, citing Miller's Dad as the source.

Personally this doesn't surprise me in the least. But I presume the fact it's official will be of interest to those involved with the B1G East Division. (It's really nice not to have to worry about the two "L words" anymore.)

Comment

Philip Nelson will transfer out of Minnesota to a "passing team"
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Meh. Leidner it is.
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Subscribed because WAAARRRGARBL
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I'm hearing Texas Tech for Nelson..take that for what it's worth..
                        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

This has the possibility to make the off-season interesting.

Former kicker Brendan Gibbons expelled from Michigan for sexual misconduct.
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Nothing about Northwestern trying to unionize their football program?
                            Code:
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                              This has the possibility to make the off-season interesting.

Former kicker Brendan Gibbons expelled from Michigan for sexual misconduct.
                              This might be intersting. But not by much.

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              Nothing about Northwestern trying to unionize their football program?
                              This, however, could change a whole lot of things. Not sure why it's not a much bigger deal.

Comment

I think it's a huge deal. That said, it will be struck down in the labor or appeals courts. Students are not employees.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X