Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 6: Get Me Off This Planet.

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
    Are you saying most people with mental problems are a danger to themselves or others?
    No.

I'm saying that the specific kind of mental "problem" matters greatly, especially whether it is psychological (something wrong with the mind) or psychiatric (something wrong with the brain). Some of the latter, left untreated, are very very dangerous.
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Cops will now shoot you, or at least threaten to shoot you, for building a fort in your backyard. http://www.wsbtv.com/videos/news/11-...pulled/vCWjGT/
      Wrong thread.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        Wrong thread.
        If you think FlagDUDE is actually going to use the thread provided by Brent, you're out of your mind. In his world, it's an attempt at censorship, which makes you and Brent fascists.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          If you think FlagDUDE is actually going to use the thread provided by Brent, you're out of your mind. In his world, it's an attempt at censorship, which makes you and Brent fascists.
          He probably actually thinks that we actively conspire with the police to murder innocent civilians too. He needs to be medicated.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
            No.

I'm saying that the specific kind of mental "problem" matters greatly, especially whether it is psychological (something wrong with the mind) or psychiatric (something wrong with the brain). Some of the latter, left untreated, are very very dangerous.
            All true. But that doesn't rebut what I said, does it?
            2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              If you think FlagDUD is actually going to use the thread provided by Brent, you're out of your mind. In his world, it's an attempt at censorship, which makes you and Brent fascists.
              Perhaps so, yet if no one in this thread responds to any of his posts on the subject here.....hey, maybe we can just copy his post from this thread but then put the reply to that post in the other thread, it might work??

(see post # 12 in the other thread for an example....)

reminds me of the story of BF Skinner teaching a class at Harvard. The students all collaborated their actions, so that, whenever he moved in one direction, they all sat up and paid attention, and whenever he moved in the other direction, they slouched and started riffling through notebooks, whispering to each other, etc. By the end of the class they had him pinned against the far wall of the room.

"If FlagDud tries to be inflammatory and everyone yawns, did he actually say anything at all?"
              Last edited by FreshFish; 04-04-2014, 03:19 PM.

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                that doesn't rebut what I said, does it?
                Do you even remember what you said? you asked me a question, I'm not sure how that is "saying" anything....

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                  Do you even remember what you said? you asked me a question, I'm not sure how that is "saying" anything....

That's a question better put to you. This exchange began when I said most people with mental illnesses are not a danger to themselves or others. And, after some showoffy bloviation about diagnoses and treatment, you wound up agreeing.
                  Last edited by Old Pio; 04-04-2014, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Texas sends a serial killer (whose victims were mostly children) on his merry way.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20140404/DACV0E881.html

Comment

Working...
                    X