Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 6: Get Me Off This Planet.

Can we start a "FlagDude *****es about Cops" thread, so we can stick to actual Nice Planet stories in this one?
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

So, just like the "GUNS NOT ALLOWED" signs in theatres, somebody sneaks a gun onto an Army base, where you are not supposed to be armed. and kills people. How could he have a gun?? It's NOT ALLOWED!!!
      Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        Can we start a "FlagDude *****es about Cops" thread, so we can stick to actual Nice Planet stories in this one?
        Only if you also start an "Old Pio *****es about Chicago" thread.

Comment

This one might actually get some attention, but I fear it will be for the wrong reasons. http://filmingcops.com/cop-breaks-in...aches-for-gun/

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            Only if you also start an "Old Pio *****es about Chicago" thread.

I'd be in favor of both.

The only thing that you and OP constantly bringing these subjects up has done is to desensitize me to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
              I'd be in favor of both.

The only thing that you and OP constantly bringing these subjects up has done is to desensitize me to them.
              You? "Desensitized" to the slaughter in our inner cites? Where none of the victims and shooters, evidently, look like presidential off spring? Where the shooters and victims, usually, share the same racial heritage? How could that be? I'm guessing the Trayvon Martin tragedy made you "pregnant with celestial fire." Or perhaps the "loud music" shooting. What could explain the difference?
              2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                You? "Desensitized" to the slaughter in our inner cites? Where none of the victims and shooters, evidently, look like presidential off spring? Where the shooters and victims, usually, share the same racial heritage? How could that be? I'm guessing the Trayvon Martin tragedy made you "pregnant with celestial fire." Or perhaps the "loud music" shooting. What could explain the difference?

I can't quite follow what you're accusing me of, so... Yes?

Comment

I can't quite follow what you're accusing me of, so... Yes?
                  Nobody believes you don't know exactly what I'm talking about.

Comment

Nobody believes you don't know exactly what I'm talking about.

You're not race baiting OP, are you?

Comment

Oh yeah OP, and go back and look at the Trayvon threads, read what my position was and tell me again what the **** you're babbling about.

Comment

Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
                        So, just like the "GUNS NOT ALLOWED" signs in theatres, somebody sneaks a gun onto an Army base, where you are not supposed to be armed. and kills people. How could he have a gun?? It's NOT ALLOWED!!!
                        As is always the case after a mass shooting, the usual suspects are suggesting that it would have been possible to stop the slaughter if more people had been armed. And the horror of the situation is only enhanced because this most recent event was the second one on the same base. While it's true that Lopez might have been stopped sooner by another armed GI, those advocating people carrying guns at work steadfastly ignore the other possibilities: accidents, suicides, petty beefs turning lethal etc. This argument is advanced every time. Virginia Tech. Luby's cafeteria. It's emotionally satisfying, but ignores reality. If hundreds or thousands of soldiers were packing heat at Fort Hood, we might see the next Spc Lopez blown away before he could kill anyone. Similarly, we'd see way more than 4 dead from other shooting incidents.

Comment

Oh yeah OP, and go back and look at the Trayvon threads, read what my position was and tell me again what the **** you're babbling about.
                          Trust me, rereading your posts is not high on my "to do" list. Besides, that's a diversion. I say again, you know exactly what I'm talking about: so long as they are killing each other in their hundreds, it's no BFB. Not to you. Not to the professional race baiters. And certainly not to the occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. What was a big deal, however, was when the President's mouthy professor buddy was arrested by a white cop in that horrific racial backwater, Cambridge.
                          Last edited by Old Pio; 04-03-2014, 03:54 PM.

Comment

As is always the case after a mass shooting, the usual suspects are suggesting that it would have been possible to stop the slaughter if more people had been armed. And the horror of the situation is only enhanced because this most recent event was the second one on the same base. While it's true that Lopez might have been stopped sooner by another armed GI, those advocating people carrying guns at work steadfastly ignore the other possibilities: accidents, suicides, petty beefs turning lethal etc. This argument is advanced every time. Virginia Tech. Luby's cafeteria. It's emotionally satisfying, but ignores reality. If hundreds or thousands of soldiers were packing heat at Fort Hood, we might see the next Spc Lopez blown away before he could kill anyone. Similarly, we'd see way more than 4 dead from other shooting incidents.

not to mention all the people caught up in the crossfire....

I wonder how much of these problems stem back to the absolutely stupid and completely ignorant advocacy that severely psychiatrically disordered people don't "really" need medicine and have a "right" to wander around in public while actively hallucinating?
                            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                              not to mention all the people caught up in the crossfire....

I wonder how much of these problems stem back to the absolutely stupid and completely ignorant advocacy that severely psychiatrically disordered people don't "really" need medicine and have a "right" to wander around in public while actively hallucinating?
                              In the case of Spc Lopez, he evidently had major problems. However, PTSD doesn't appear to one of them. He saw no combat during his four months in Iraq and, if the reports are accurate, self-reported a "traumatic brain injury." From falling off a bar stool in the NCO club? Experts tell us most people with mental problems are no threat to themselves or others. Yet some obviously are. I mean, we have people being seen by private psychiatrists who commit suicide. What we don't know. What we can never know, is how many Spc Lopez' have been identified, treated and prevented from doing anything violent. As surely as night follows day, however, there will be revelations about Lopez which will convince people who weren't there and have no training, that "something could have been done." And perhaps they'll be right.

You're certainly right about cross fire. After the Virginia Tech shootings lots of folks were out, advocating students should pack heat. That maybe an armed student could have stopped Woo Tang Clan before the body count got too high. Is turning a psych classroom into a free fire zone the way to protect kids? In that high stress, target rich environment, how reasonable is it to assume that Clan will be the only one hit?
                              Last edited by Old Pio; 04-03-2014, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Trust me, rereading your posts is not high on my "to do" list. Besides, that's a diversion. I say again, you know exactly what I'm talking about: so long as they are killing each other in their hundreds, it's no BFB. Not to you. Not to the professional race baiters. And certainly not to the occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. What was a big deal, however, was when the President's mouthy professor buddy was arrested by a white cop in that horrific racial backwater, Cambridge.

You constantly post the stories about these killings as a political jab at the president. That's your motivation, yet we're to believe that deep down you give a crap about the victims?

Nice try.
                                Last edited by Gurtholfin; 04-03-2014, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X