• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sochi 2014: From Russia With Love

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    C'mon now... you don't go to JBSU.
    Nope, CBSU (Cindy).

Clown, I think JHM could be serious - as a Cornell grad he takes the whole "almost an Ivy" thing seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
      Nope, CBSU (Cindy).

Clown, I think JHM could be serious - as a Cornell grad he takes the whole "almost an Ivy" thing seriously.
      I've worked with many people over the years from a wide variety of backgrounds, and I think I can safely say that there is no noticeable correlation between college attended (if any) and the ability to think clearly in practical real-life situations.
      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        Settle down, Francis, he was just joking around.
        Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
        I've worked with many people over the years from a wide variety of backgrounds, and I think I can safely say that there is no noticeable correlation between college attended (if any) and the ability to think clearly in practical real-life situations.
        This is correct. I was just being a smartass. I don't really think Backes's 4.0 is equivalent to the 1.5 I had at Cornell.
        Cornell University Men's Hockey
        NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by jmh View Post
          This is correct. I was just being a smartass. I don't really think Backes's 4.0 is equivalent to the 1.5 I had at Cornell.
          Tell me that wasn't in Animal Husbandry.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Tell me that wasn't in Animal Husbandry.
            My dad was a Cornell grad and a proud member of alpha graba hoe
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
              C'mon now... you don't go to JBSU. Had to remind myself of that after reading.

Doubt that Backes is too worried about what a few nay-sayers might think. You shouldn't be either.

I got my Graphic Design degree (2nd degree) from a 2 year technical school that is highly respected in that area. I was dean's list every semester.

The graduates from the school I went to are far more respected and recruited than our counterparts that got the same degree from UW.

Superficial is superficial.
              How did I not know this would devolve into a "mine is bigger than yours" thread led by tArrogance?
              "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
              Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
              The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
              Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
                Emrick has been talking about David Backes's 4.0 GPA. What's the exchange rate between a Minnesota State 4.0 and a GPA at a real school? I guess it's about a UND 3.5, a Minnesota 3.2, a Miami 2.9, a Cornell 1.5, or a Harvard 4.3?
                A 1.5 at Cornell? I guess that means he'll never be qualified to manage a Days Inn.
                Originally posted by dicaslover
                Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                  How did I not know this would devolve into a "mine is bigger than yours" thread led by tArrogance?
                  I didn't know that Cornell is now tArrogance. Guess I missed that memo.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    My dad was a Cornell grad and a proud member of alpha graba hoe
                    That's up the street from Tappa Kegga Bru, right?
                    ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                      A 1.5 at Cornell? I guess that means he'll never be qualified to manage a Days Inn.
                      Dang, you beat me to the obligatory hotel school joke.

Comment

NBC Extra running a commercial every time there's a whistle. STOP IT!!!
                        Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

I miss Mats Sundin. That guy was good.

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
                            I miss Mats Sundin. That guy was good.
                            "Mats Sundin likes Abba!"
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                              I didn't know that Cornell is now tArrogance. Guess I missed that memo.
                              And what's the deal with your TPS reports?

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                                Maybe you are saying that you don't notice any difference between college attended because of attending a substandard college at which you did not get the education required to be able to think clearly about this subject? I blame all my mental lapses on the air(years ago) in Troy NY.
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X