• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sochi 2014: From Russia With Love

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    Tiger recently buy any new clubs??
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Well sh*t, with the Picabo Wannabe out, it's not looking too great for the American skiers this time around.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Well sh*t, with the Picabo Wannabe out, it's not looking too great for the American skiers this time around.
        Although Lindsey is the focus for the mainstream media, this is probably the most stacked the US Ski Team has ever been coming into an Olympics...

Mikaela Shiffrin should easily step out of Lindsey's shadow in Feb... She just won the World Cup Slalom in Levi, Finland by over a second... She also ran 6th at the Solden, Austira GS back in October... She's still pretty raw in speed events, so I dunno if she can threaten for a Combined medal, but she should be a favorite for the Tech events...

Julia Mancuso should be back for her 4th Olympics... Although age is catching up, she still has the potential to score in the speed events...

On the Men's side, Ted Ligety is hands down the favorite for GS Gold... He already claimed a World Cup title at Solden back in October... Ligety also should be near the top in Slalom and Combined... Bode Miller is gonna be Bode F*ing Miller... He will be a threat in any event he is entered in... Steve Nyman and Marco Sullivan have potential in the Speed Events...

Overall, I like our chances
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Although Lindsey is the focus for the mainstream media, this is probably the most stacked the US Ski Team has ever been coming into an Olympics...

Mikaela Shiffrin should easily step out of Lindsey's shadow in Feb... She just won the World Cup Slalom in Levi, Finland by over a second... She also ran 6th at the Solden, Austira GS back in October... She's still pretty raw in speed events, so I dunno if she can threaten for a Combined medal, but she should be a favorite for the Tech events...

Julia Mancuso should be back for her 4th Olympics... Although age is catching up, she still has the potential to score in the speed events...

On the Men's side, Ted Ligety is hands down the favorite for GS Gold... He already claimed a World Cup title at Solden back in October... Ligety also should be near the top in Slalom and Combined... Bode Miller is gonna be Bode F*ing Miller... He will be a threat in any event he is entered in... Steve Nyman and Marco Sullivan have potential in the Speed Events...

Overall, I like our chances
          Would like to note that on the Cross Country side Kikkan Randall is probably a favorite in the Women's Sprint as she won the World Cup Title in that event and won the World Cup event last year at Sochi. She also won the Team Sprint title at the World Championships.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            Would like to note that on the Cross Country side Kikkan Randall is probably a favorite in the Women's Sprint as she won the World Cup Title in that event and won the World Cup event last year at Sochi. She also won the Team Sprint title at the World Championships.
            The only cross-country skiing event that I like is the one with guns. Biathalon for the win!!! Do we have anyone good in the biathalon?
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Tiger recently buy any new clubs??
              I will not dignify that with a reply.

Comment

Silly Canadians; they take this stuff seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                  Well since they can't win a Stanley Cup
                  It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                    The only cross-country skiing event that I like is the one with guns. Biathalon for the win!!! Do we have anyone good in the biathalon?
                    I don't know. But if the US does win a medal in XC Skiing or Biathalon odds are it'll be somebody from Alaska!
                    I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

But you did...
                      Originally posted by Jack Layton's last words to Canada
                      My friends, hope is better than anger, love is better than fear, optimism is better than despair. So let us be Hopeful, Loving, and Optimistic, and we'll change the world.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerAlum@WMU View Post
                        But you did...
                        Yeeeaaahh that was sort of the, uh, joke

Comment

That was one heck of a draw!

Went to school on the NY/Canadian border and got hooked on curling watching CBC. If I was curling, I'd be the #2 to throw takeout weight for my 2 stones. Finesse is not my forte.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            That was one heck of a draw!

Went to school on the NY/Canadian border and got hooked on curling watching CBC. If I was curling, I'd be the #2 to throw takeout weight for my 2 stones. Finesse is not my forte.
                            Always fun to watch as long as there's poutine involved. Anywho - when I compare the U.S. Olympic trials of the past weekend to, say, the Canadian Open (same weekend), I'm seeing shot after shot made for the latter, and missed shots during U.S. Trials. Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I fear for our representation at Sochi. Schuster demolished Fenson, but I'm not fond of his demeanor and he doesn't instill confidence.

But I will watch, eh? Every free moment I get. I've been a Team Koe fan for years and hope he represents Canada. He's a wiz with the in-off shot - that's his extra bullet every time.

Comment

White House delegation to the Olympics includes openly gay former athletes
                              Cornell University Men's Hockey
                              NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                              Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Kinda wish they'd had room for Eruzione...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X