Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota High School Hockey 09-10: Pack your bags, we're going to St. Paul!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota High School Hockey 09-10: Pack your bags, we're going to St. Paul!

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Its not at Mariucci this year? I thought they always had section 2 & section 6 finals at Mariucci. Though, if they moved it to the Target Center, it may make some sense, since they will be able to pack more people in there and there were alot of people that got turned away from Mariucci last year.
    It's because the Gopher athletic department failed & scheduled some ice capades event at Mariucci that weekend. Gophers have to play one game (Friday) at the Target Dump and they next game on Sunday & it screwed uop the HS secion tourney.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
    Twenty red lights in his honor
    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

• Re: Minnesota High School Hockey 09-10: Pack your bags, we're going to St. Paul!

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
      It's because the Gopher athletic department failed & scheduled some ice capades event at Mariucci that weekend. Gophers have to play one game (Friday) at the Target Dump and they next game on Sunday & it screwed uop the HS secion tourney.
      It's the synchronized skating nationals and team Braemar will be there. (No, I've never watched such a competition and don't plan to, but they're in the east rink practicing a lot when we have practices or games on south rink.)

Comment

There is so much fail going on down on campus that I can smell it up here.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
          It's the synchronized skating nationals and team Braemar will be there.
          Isn't that what ice capades basically is?

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
          There is so much fail going on down on campus that I can smell it up here.
          True dat.
          Once hot glue guns & sequins are involved it ceases being a sport and equals a failure by the athletic department.

Comment

Yeah, I heard about that for the Gopher game, I didn't know that it effed with the section finals too.

Are the section 2&6 finals on Thursday night (march 4th)? I have my fingers crossed that they are Wednesday night, since I can't make Thursday night as I will be driving to Grand Forks.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              Are the section 2&6 finals on Thursday night (march 4th)? I have my fingers crossed that they are Wednesday night, since I can't make Thursday night as I will be driving to Grand Forks.
              Section 2 Schedule

Section 6 Schedule

Both finish on Wed, March 3rd.

Comment

Any internet videos for the sectionals???

Stuck here in Maryland (State finals tonight pushed back from Sat due to aftereffects of the blizzards) and would like to follow the doin's.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Any internet videos for the sectionals???

Stuck here in Maryland (State finals tonight pushed back from Sat due to aftereffects of the blizzards) and would like to follow the doin's.
                  Yes. Look here: http://foxpreps.com/livestreaming/default2.asp

Comment

Check followthepuck.com daily for games that can be seen visa webcast as well.. So I know many of you don't care, but down here in Section 1A, we have possibly some of the most entertaining quarterfinal matchups of any section in the state this year, with:
                    #1Faribault hosting #8Mankato East( will likely be worst game of quarters)
                    #2Rochester Lourdes hosting #7Northfield, who beat Lourdes 3-0 in their meeting this year,
                    #3New Prague hosting #6Mankato West in a rematch of a 3-2 barnburner in NP's favor,
                    #4 Albert Lea hosting #5Red Wing, a high scoring affair is likely between two teams with coaches of top caliber in the state. Should be fun!!!
                    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                      but down here in Section 1A, we have possibly some of the most entertaining quarterfinal matchups of any section in the state
                      Nope. I broadcast the most entertaining Section quarterfinal the state will see last night - 8AA #4-5 Bemidji vs. St. Cloud Tech, with the Tigers edging the 'Jacks 3-2 in 6 ot! That's 111 and 58 seconds of hockey and a combined 119 shots...
                      Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                      B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                      CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                      ECAC:
                      HEA: UMass
                      NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                      Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                        Nope. I broadcast the most entertaining Section quarterfinal the state will see last night - 8AA #4-5 Bemidji vs. St. Cloud Tech, with the Tigers edging the 'Jacks 3-2 in 6 ot! That's 111 and 58 seconds of hockey and a combined 119 shots...
                        Yeah, but it was two crappy teams, they were just equally crappy.

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                          I'll give yah that one, I didn't realize that game was a quarterfinal. What a great game. I bet that was quite entertaining..it's tough to see one of those teams in a great battle like that lose.
                          AF 99

Comment

Just saw Como defeated the St. Paul Saints this evening. While it's a nothing game from a tournament standpoint it's probably the last game for the Saints. Most of the kids come from St. Bernard's (St Agnes, Concordia Academy, New Life Christian School are the others), which is closing next year, so it's most likely one less hockey team next year - never a good thing.

BTW, with the win Como gets to play the part of the sacrificial lamb for Hill Murray.

Comment

Just saw Como defeated the St. Paul Saints this evening. While it's a nothing game from a tournament standpoint it's probably the last game for the Saints. Most of the kids come from St. Bernard's (St Agnes, Concordia Academy, New Life Christian School are the others), which is closing next year, so it's most likely one less hockey team next year - never a good thing.

BTW, with the win Como gets to play the part of the sacrificial lamb for Hill Murray.
                              That's rather disappointing to hear..

And that's always nice, the school who recruits gets a tune up game against a team that will be lucky to hold the opponents under 8 goals.
                              AF 99

Comment

I like Hill-Murray now. Since it seems that Tech has started a bit of a pipeline from there, starting with next year's class.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X