Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota High School Hockey 09-10: Pack your bags, we're going to St. Paul!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota High School Hockey 09-10: Pack your bags, we're going to St. Paul!

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
    Me too, really nice. My son played with her son (he's now a so in hs at STA) when they were peewees & bantams. I didn't put two & two together until mom sent me an email wondering if I could give her sone a ride....lol.
    I knew a Hubbard daughter, Kari I think, back in college. She went on Spring Break with her girlfriends the same time my frat brothers and I went. We partied a lot while there, and a little when we got back.

Comment

• Re: Minnesota High School Hockey 09-10: Pack your bags, we're going to St. Paul!

Question for those of you in the State of Hockey..

How much does it take to get DQ'd for fighting up there? One punch or a knock down drag out?

The USA Hockey refs (we're club) down here are, IMO, too quick to throw kids out when its just a tussle. But that's NHL-lite (oops USA Hockey) for ya!
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Question for those of you in the State of Hockey..

How much does it take to get DQ'd for fighting up there? One punch or a knock down drag out?

The USA Hockey refs (we're club) down here are, IMO, too quick to throw kids out when its just a tussle. But that's NHL-lite (oops USA Hockey) for ya!
        I suspect it's like anywhere else with refs. There is some official "zero tolerance/point of emphasis" position from the Minnesota Stat High School League. Then there is each ref's point of view. I've seen some pretty good tussles with only minor penalties. On the other hand, I don't see very many real fights so I suspect a real punch will get you gone quickly (I also see way less high school hockey now than I used to - more time watching my own kid and his buddies).

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
          and they recruit players from all over the metro.
          When did Mike Randolph leave Duluth East?
          Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

Wayzata beat Edina 1-0 at Wayzata last night, likely dropping Edina to a more realistic spot in the rankings (still top 10, but below Wayzata, and 'Tonka for sure). Sounds like the Trojans played great D, holding the Hornets to only 16 SOG.

Comment

Copied from another board:

Originally posted by MyFOXHockey.com
              Fellow Hockey Supporter,
              Please pass the word on to all hockey-lovers that we have a HUGE weekend coming up on www.myfoxhockey.com Check out these great games in Boys High School Hockey and Pond Hockey on Lake Minnetonka! All games are LiveStreamed for FREE on www.myfoxhockey.com
              Coverage includes full announce crew, on-screen scoring, replay and more.

1/23 Saturday: Boys: St. Francis v BSM 2:30pm
              1/23 Saturday: Boys: Minnetonka v Edina 7pm
              1/24 Sunday: Pond Hockey: North America Pond Hockey Championship Finals Noon

Comment

I want a Hopkins jersey from Hockey Day in Minnesota.
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Another question for goldy331, greyeagle, plante26, and other twin cities hockey folk.

(And I'm sorry to semi-hijack this thread. It's just, we still have our house in St. Paul, and we'll move back in a couple of years, and my 6-yr-old plays hockey here, and I feel like I should learn what I can even though we're away, so that I know what's going on when we return.)

Summer skating. We come back every July, and I'd love to bring our gear to skate if we can. I've been on the Ramsey County website, and there's some general info. Like I've learned one of the rinks at Charles Schultz is open in the summer. But nothing about open skating, pickup hockey, if anything's *ever* open to the public. There's gotta be, right? What places do you know of can you skate in the summer?

Thanks for your time; I really appreciate it. Sorry to be such a noob/pest.
                  Bugs Bunny - 96
                  Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Dave,

This link has Ramsely Co. skating schedules: http://www.co.ramsey.mn.us/parks/ice...ortunities.htm

They don't have a calendar posted yet for spring/summer, but I cannot imagine they will not have open skating at least once weekly during those months. If there are other rinks you're interested in, from my experience their websites are generally pretty good about posting the info. For instance I know all the rinks near me (Maple Grove, Brooklyn Park, Schwans, etc.) have open skating in the summer and the info is on-line.
                    Last edited by Slap Shot; 02-05-2010, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                      Another question for goldy331, greyeagle, plante26, and other twin cities hockey folk.

Thanks for your time; I really appreciate it. Sorry to be such a noob/pest.
                      I'm in the SW suburbs so I don't go to *that* side of the river much. One resource is rinkfinder.com. You can usually check on open skating and open hockey schedules there. They recently redid it and I find it harder to use, but I expect that to improve as they settle into their new system. I know Bloomington Ice Garden has pond hockey in the summer. Others may too. Another place is hockeyfinder.com that was talking about mite pick-up hockey in the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        Dave,
                        This link has Ramsely Co. skating schedules: http://www.co.ramsey.mn.us/parks/ice...ortunities.htm
                        They don't have a calendar posted yet for spring/summer, but I cannot imagine they will not have open skating at least once weekly during those months. If there are other rinks you're interested in, from my experience their websites are generally pretty good about posting the info. For instance I know all the rinks near me (Maple Grove, Brooklyn Park, Schwans, etc.) have open skating in the summer and the info is on-line.
                        Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                        I'm in the SW suburbs so I don't go to *that* side of the river much. One resource is rinkfinder.com. You can usually check on open skating and open hockey schedules there. They recently redid it and I find it harder to use, but I expect that to improve as they settle into their new system. I know Bloomington Ice Garden has pond hockey in the summer. Others may too. Another place is hockeyfinder.com that was talking about mite pick-up hockey in the summer.
                        Thanks, guys.
                        Bugs Bunny - 96
                        Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Big match-up tonight with a number of DI recruits playing as Minnetonka plays at Edina. You can watch it live on: http://www.foxpreps.com/

Unfortunately I expect Slap Shot to be happier with the outcome than I will be.

Comment

Dammit. Decided to not go to the game last night. Tried to watch the streaming video and got "service unavailable", I assume the site got overloaded.

Sounds like I missed a barnburner as 'Tonka jumped on the Hornets early and took a 4-0 lead in the first. Edina battled back with 4 straight goals to tie (one by Lou Nanne) and send to OT then won it on a PP in OT. I'll have to see if fox prep sports archives the video.

Comment

I don't know what happened. MHS played like they are capable of and were unbeatable the first period. I mean for the first time in my life I felt sorry for Edina they looked that overmatched - but then Edina found their legs while Tonka lost theirs and you saw the end result. That's the 3rd time the past three years they've given up 3rd period leads (BSM, EHS, EHS) and lost in OT and they better figure how to step on the throat before sections begin.
                              Last edited by Slap Shot; 02-12-2010, 01:10 PM.

Comment

I'm really thinking about going to the Wayzata @ Minnetonka game on Thursday? One ranking I saw had them as the top 2 teams in the state. Is anybody else planning on going?
                                I've been to Agganis (BU), Alfond (Maine), Alltel (Mankato), Berry (NMU), Boston Garden (Beanpot), Conte (BC), DECC (UMD), Gutterson (Vermont), Hobey Baker (Princeton), Houston Fieldhouse (RPI), Joe Louis (GLI), Kohl (Wisconsin), Lawson (WMU), Lynah (Cornell), MacInnes (MTU), MSG (BU/Cornell), Mariucci (Minnesota), Matthews (NU), Munn (MSU), National Hockey Center (SCSU), Ralph (ND), Ridder (Minnesota), TD Banknorth (Quinnipiac), Whittemore (UNH), Xcel (Final Five), and Yost (Michigan).

Comment

Working...
                                X