Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota High School Hockey 09-10: Pack your bags, we're going to St. Paul!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota High School Hockey 09-10: Pack your bags, we're going to St. Paul!

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
    Ice Dreams the history of MN High School Hockey is on FSN again. It never gets old watching it.
    Except for when we should be watching a Wild game.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Re: Minnesota High School Hockey 09-10: Pack your bags, we're going to St. Paul!

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      Consolation games are played at Mariucci, the championship bracket is at the X.

I heard them mention last year during the broadcast, that if a game goes long, and there is a game scheduled after it, they will not allow a period to begin after a pre-determined time. The game would then be started from whatever point it was at, the next morning. The last game of the night is played until there's a winner.
      The 3rd place game is @ Mariucci????

So the Class A final is in the 5th OT, you mean they will stop the game for the AA 3rd place game?? YIKES!
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        The 3rd place game is @ Mariucci????

So the Class A final is in the 5th OT, you mean they will stop the game for the AA 3rd place game?? YIKES!
        No, the 3rd place game is part of the championship bracket, so its at the X. All the teams that win the first round game are in the championship bracket, the losers of the first game are in the consolation bracket, and go to Mariucci.

I don't think they would stop the A championship game, that would have priority. The semifinal days are when games would get stopped, and resumed the next morning. It doesn't happen very often that games go to the next day, but as others have posted, it has happened before.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Hill Murray is good.

Well, compared to White Bear Lake anyways.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
            Except for when we should be watching a Wild game.
            Come on, there's plenty of time to tape delay it to 10pm like Gopher games are.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              There may have been a more recent occurrence, but the Thur night 7 game between Jefferson and Minnetonka was suspended after 3 OTs and re-started in the 4th OT Friday a.m.
              This is probably the game I was thinking of.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
              And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
              Twenty red lights in his honor
              Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                It was also played in the '80s FWIW.

Comment

Originally posted by sagard View Post
                  Correct. In '98, it was the East-Apple Valley game that went in to the wee hours of the morning, but only because it was the last game of the night.
                  Bruce Ciskie > PA

Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.

Blizzard Drinking: Duluth's Answer to Gulf Coast Hurricane Parties

Comment

• Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                    Yeah, I thought I wrote that it was in '85 but I guess I didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                      Hill Murray is good.

Well, compared to White Bear Lake anyways.
                      What a horrible game for the game of the week. Wasn't even close to being competitive.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        What a horrible game for the game of the week. Wasn't even close to being competitive.
                        Yeah, I quit watching it part way through, I lost interest pretty quickly since it was so one-sided.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by sagard View Post
                          Yeah, I thought I wrote that it was in '85 but I guess I didn't.
                          Found a website with MN HS hockey history, the 'tonka-Jef game was a quarterfinal in '85 and went 4 OTs, that has to be what I was remembering.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                          And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                          Twenty red lights in his honor
                          Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            White Bear's top line can skate with anybody in the state. Hill can roll three pretty good lines though and they've got at least three or four top-notch defenseman. WBL blew a couple scoring chances too that could have made it a lot closer.

It's tough to say. It's a great rivalry and Hill has had some teams that should have crushed White Bear on paper in recent years as well, and those ended up being some great OT thrillers.
                            Originally posted by dicaslover
                            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Wish the MHS-STA game would be televised given it's the two #1's going head to head. I may have to take the boys to Pagel as it sounds like STA will have a lot of missing fans because they play CDH in BB the same night.

Comment

Wish the MHS-STA game would be televised given it's the two #1's going head to head. I may have to take the boys to Pagel as it sounds like STA will have a lot of missing fans because they play CDH in BB the same night.
                                STA is actually #2 in Class A. You should be looking at the only rankings that are truly reflective of a team's rank, Pagestat, courtesy of www.minnhock.com.
                                Pagestat uses actual data to come up with their rankings, not just a bunch of old men sitting around at a table deciding who's good or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X