Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota High School Hockey 09-10: Pack your bags, we're going to St. Paul!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota High School Hockey 09-10: Pack your bags, we're going to St. Paul!

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    Methinks Stillwater may have been screwed. No angle could show it all the way across without a doubt though.

Now the Ponies score on the PP. 1-0.
    I think they've recoverd

5-0 Ponies with 14:00 left (and on the PP)

EDIT: now 5x3

EDIT EDIT: now 6-0 Ponies
    Alumni of Minnesota State University, Mankato.
    Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

Re: Minnesota High School Hockey 09-10: Pack your bags, we're going to St. Paul!

Hey Minnesota guys...

We had a game that ended 26-0 (we run the clock @ 6 goals, too). The winning team tried not to run it up but it was the case of a really good team playing a really, really bad team. Everybody had at least one point, and the 1st line shut it down after it was 7-0 in the 1st.

I know you run the clock at 6 goals, but what happens when you get a true over the top blow out? Do they stop the game at any point??

THANKS!
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Hey Minnesota guys...

We had a game that ended 26-0 (we run the clock @ 6 goals, too). The winning team tried not to run it up but it was the case of a really good team playing a really, really bad team. Everybody had at least one point, and the 1st line shut it down after it was 7-0 in the 1st.

I know you run the clock at 6 goals, but what happens when you get a true over the top blow out? Do they stop the game at any point??

THANKS!
        Not that I know of, but I've never seen one that bad. Edina beat St. Louis Park 18-0 earlier this year, and that went the whole game I believe.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Hey Minnesota guys...

THANKS!
          We had a first round section game with Moorhead and Montevideo end 27-0 a few years ago. A few guys had hat tricks for Moorhead. I think the head coach even had a 3 passes before you shoot rule, but Montevideo was just that bad (not sure if the top line was taken out or not).
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Hey Minnesota guys...

THANKS!
            I think in Michigan high school hockey, in addition to running the clock when a team is up by however many goals, if they're up by that much after two periods then they won't play the 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
              I think the head coach even had a 3 passes before you shoot rule
              While it's a great gesture on paper sadly when a good team gets to the third pass the net is even that much more open.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
              And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
              Twenty red lights in his honor
              Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                While it's a great gesture on paper sadly when a good team gets to the third pass the net is even that much more open.
                Exactly. Plus, the other team has obviously given up and isn't going to chase a bunch of cross-ice passes very well.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Particularly when the other team has pulled its goalie in a futile attempt to catch up.
                  Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kdilks View Post
                    I think in Michigan high school hockey, in addition to running the clock when a team is up by however many goals, if they're up by that much after two periods then they won't play the 3rd.
                    This is correct.

In Minnesota, they don't run the clock until a team is up 6 or more in the third period. They don't run the clock prior to the third period, and don't stop the game based on the score.
                    Originally posted by dicaslover
                    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

• Re: Minnesota High School Hockey 09-10: Pack your bags, we're going to St. Paul!

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                      This is correct.

In Minnesota, they don't run the clock until a team is up 6 or more in the third period. They don't run the clock prior to the third period, and don't stop the game based on the score.
                      We also don't end state championship games in ties.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Re: Minnesota High School Hockey 09-10: Pack your bags, we're going to St. Paul!

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        We also don't end state championship games in ties.
                        But you do stop state playoff games due to time constraints and pick them up the next day.

Which gets me wondering..If the Class A final goes to a marathon and starts to bleed over into the Class AA consolation game, what the heck do they do?

BTW thanks for the input...As I explained to another coach who was complaining -- you have 70-0 football games and nobody complains. If the 3rd and 4th liners are doing all the "garbage time" scoring, what can you do???

BTW #2, we run the clock in the 2nd & 3rd with a 6 goal lead. And the team that got skunked has 2 more games against powerhouses that could equal this result. We're sent emails out to (a) call up the JV and (b) don't embarrass them (or you).
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

But you do stop state playoff games due to time constraints and pick them up the next day.

Which gets me wondering..If the Class A final goes to a marathon and starts to bleed over into the Class AA consolation game, what the heck do they do?

BTW thanks for the input...As I explained to another coach who was complaining -- you have 70-0 football games and nobody complains. If the 3rd and 4th liners are doing all the "garbage time" scoring, what can you do???

BTW #2, we run the clock in the 2nd & 3rd with a 6 goal lead. And the team that got skunked has 2 more games against powerhouses that could equal this result. We're sent emails out to (a) call up the JV and (b) don't embarrass them (or you).
                          Consolation games are played at Mariucci, the championship bracket is at the X.

I heard them mention last year during the broadcast, that if a game goes long, and there is a game scheduled after it, they will not allow a period to begin after a pre-determined time. The game would then be started from whatever point it was at, the next morning. The last game of the night is played until there's a winner.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            I heard them mention last year during the broadcast, that if a game goes long, and there is a game scheduled after it, they will not allow a period to begin after a pre-determined time. The game would then be started from whatever point it was at, the next morning. The last game of the night is played until there's a winner.
                            This scenario happened several years ago, I *think* it was in 1998 because I seem to remember reading about the game in the program from the 2008 tournament - they do a lookback to the tournament from 10, 20, & 40 years ago (or something like that) every year.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                            Twenty red lights in his honor
                            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

This scenario happened several years ago, I *think* it was in 1998 because I seem to remember reading about the game in the program from the 2008 tournament - they do a lookback to the tournament from 10, 20, & 40 years ago (or something like that) every year.
                              There may have been a more recent occurrence, but the Thur night 7 game between Jefferson and Minnetonka was suspended after 3 OTs and re-started in the 4th OT Friday a.m.

Comment

Ice Dreams the history of MN High School Hockey is on FSN again. It never gets old watching it.
                                Originally posted by CavalryNate
                                Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X