Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota High School Hockey 09-10: Pack your bags, we're going to St. Paul!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota High School Hockey 09-10: Pack your bags, we're going to St. Paul!

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyAddict View Post
    Exactly. At least the year I graduated when we beat Edina all three times including the section finals. Oh the good old days.
    Man, you're even older than you look. Has Richfield beaten Edina even once since then? Does Richfield still have a high school team, or did they combine with Kennedy like the youth teams have done?

I've been going to the section finals at Mariucci for a few years now. Maybe we should pick out a game and root against the cake eaters. That way goldy_331 might be there too.
    I was there last year watching Edina thump the Jefferson kitties.

Comment

Re: Minnesota High School Hockey 09-10: Pack your bags, we're going to St. Paul!

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      I was rooting for them last year, because I wanted a team that I was rooting for to win. It didn't work.
      You should never root for the cake eaters. Shame on you.

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
      Man, you're even older than you look. Has Richfield beaten Edina even once since then? Does Richfield still have a high school team, or did they combine with Kennedy like the youth teams have done?
      Yes I am older then I look. Nobody guesses my age correctly. It's sad what has happen to Richfield hockey. Atleast we still have Holy Angels.

So was about 10,000 other people. There were more people at those two section championship games then Gopher games as you're well aware of. It would have been a really good game if Jefferson would have shown up. They were as good as Edina last season but played their worst game.
      Last edited by CollegeHockeyAddict; 12-09-2009, 01:28 PM.
      I've been to Agganis (BU), Alfond (Maine), Alltel (Mankato), Berry (NMU), Boston Garden (Beanpot), Conte (BC), DECC (UMD), Gutterson (Vermont), Hobey Baker (Princeton), Houston Fieldhouse (RPI), Joe Louis (GLI), Kohl (Wisconsin), Lawson (WMU), Lynah (Cornell), MacInnes (MTU), MSG (BU/Cornell), Mariucci (Minnesota), Matthews (NU), Munn (MSU), National Hockey Center (SCSU), Ralph (ND), Ridder (Minnesota), TD Banknorth (Quinnipiac), Whittemore (UNH), Xcel (Final Five), and Yost (Michigan).

Comment

I'd be interested in the Tonka-Blaine game, but Blaine doesn't play their games at that complex on Central?

Comment

I was at the X last March on a Friday night but couldn't find the Cakers.

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          I'd be interested in the Tonka-Blaine game, but Blaine doesn't play their games at that complex on Central?
          Fogerty is the complex off Central & US10, IIRC.
          Was just looking, Minnetonka has a hell of a non-conference schedule. Woodbury should be better, Blaine, STA, Duluth East, Stillwater, Moorhead, AHA....impressive.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
          And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
          Twenty red lights in his honor
          Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

The Minnetonka schedule says the game is at Blaine - Fogerty Ice Arena (7:30 pm) so it looks like Maize is correct.

I'll go to the game.
            I've been to Agganis (BU), Alfond (Maine), Alltel (Mankato), Berry (NMU), Boston Garden (Beanpot), Conte (BC), DECC (UMD), Gutterson (Vermont), Hobey Baker (Princeton), Houston Fieldhouse (RPI), Joe Louis (GLI), Kohl (Wisconsin), Lawson (WMU), Lynah (Cornell), MacInnes (MTU), MSG (BU/Cornell), Mariucci (Minnesota), Matthews (NU), Munn (MSU), National Hockey Center (SCSU), Ralph (ND), Ridder (Minnesota), TD Banknorth (Quinnipiac), Whittemore (UNH), Xcel (Final Five), and Yost (Michigan).

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
              I was at the X last March on a Friday night but couldn't find the Cakers.
              Well you only have to change one letter of Cakers and add a letter to get Chokers. A coincidence? I think not.

Comment

Well you only have to change one letter of Cakers and add a letter to get Chokers. A coincidence? I think not.
                If you add balls to your aunt she'll be your uncle, coincidence? You should consider becoming a Tech fan, although they had 3 titles, not just one. And your school's is just a little more recent then theirs (but not much).

Comment

If you add balls to your aunt she'll be your uncle, coincidence? You should consider becoming a Tech fan, although they had 3 titles, not just one. And your school's is just a little more recent then theirs (but not much).
                  Posting on this board is funny to me because alot of people see me as just another fan of the big boys (aka the Gophers). In all sports I root for the local teams and teams that have never won a championship or haven't won a championship in quite some time. As a huge Vikings fan I realize how much it sucks to never have your team win the Championship.
                  Last edited by CollegeHockeyAddict; 12-09-2009, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Don't hold back goldy, let him know how you really feel!
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      Don't hold back goldy, let him know how you really feel!
                      Apparently I touched a nerve. The old man is clearly ornery. My guess is he didn't eat enough bran and prunes this week and is backed up. Soon he'll be yelling at us to get off his lawn. Old people. How sad.

Comment

I'm not angry, amused. It's so cute how you hold onto that one little moment of glory of your sad little program (which can't even field a youth program) and try to denigrate one of the top programs in the State.

And get the hell off my lawn!

Comment

I'm not angry, amused. It's so cute how you hold onto that one little moment of glory of your sad little program (which can't even field a youth program) and try to denigrate one of the top programs in the State.

And get the hell off my lawn!
                          Yeah I don't know where anybody would read any anger in your posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            You talking about the Schwan Super Rink? If so, then no. They still play at Fogerty, as does Spring Lake Park. There is a lot of Blaine/Centennial/Coon Rapids and assorted Ramsey County youth hockey at the super rink though. I think Bethel University uses it too.

Also, I am definitely interested in going to the Tonka-Blaine game.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

It sounds like there is quite a bit of interest in seeing the 'tonka-blaine game. We'll have to set something up and all meet there.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Methinks Stillwater may have been screwed. No angle could show it all the way across without a doubt though.

Now the Ponies score on the PP. 1-0.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X