Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota High School Hockey 09-10: Pack your bags, we're going to St. Paul!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota High School Hockey 09-10: Pack your bags, we're going to St. Paul!

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
    Pretty sure that doesn't matter. If it goes off a glove, it's not supposed to count. At least that's how I heard the rule before.
    Needs to be directed. I have seen it disallowed if it merely goes off a glove while they are holding the stick though. Wasn't sure which way they would go with it. Kind of a crappy way for a championship to be decided.

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    Breck should be in AA.
    Hermantown probably should too.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Re: Minnesota High School Hockey 09-10: Pack your bags, we're going to St. Paul!

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
      Breck should be in AA.
      I'm starting to think there should only be one class.

Comment

Originally posted by thebrain View Post
        Bingo. Just look at the scores from quarterfinal games in both A & AA, most all are complete blowouts. There are simply not enough teams, or high quality teams, to justify two classes. If not one class then go back to the Tier 1 / Tier 2 system - which they effectively have now with a handful of quality A teams who haven't moved up to AA and the New Ulm''s & Alexandria's of the world.
        Last edited by Greyeagle; 03-13-2010, 03:11 PM.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
        Twenty red lights in his honor
        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by thebrain View Post
          2 classes would work if they had a committee choose which teams should be A and which should be AA. Every 3 years teams would be slotted in either A or AA, depending on the quality of the team, not the size of the school. Teams like Minneapolis West and St. Francis could be put with teams they actually have a chance to compete with and the Breck's and Warroads would be put with the AA schools.

edit: actually, I would be ok with all privates having to be AA. If a team like warroad can be that dominant when they are just a small public school, more power to them. Though, I would like it if they chose to play up.
          Last edited by bigblue_dl; 03-13-2010, 03:15 PM.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Wow - what can I say? Tonka couldn't connect two passes in a row in regulation and finally started to wear Hill down a bit in OT. I was disappointed Urick didn't give his 3rd line more time last night, given how good they've been throughout the season. Also I found out after the game that Gardiner has mono - hope he's got enough left in the tank.

Tonka and Edina in the championship game? Wow.

Comment

Just FYI, my kid and I will be in Club 18, row 1 tonight. We'll be in Edina gear.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                Just FYI, my kid and I will be in Club 18, row 1 tonight. We'll be in Edina gear.
                Have fun, we won't be there.
                My money is on the boys in green, wow are they well coached.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                Twenty red lights in his honor
                Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                  Have fun, we won't be there.
                  My money is on the boys in green, wow are they well coached.
                  I'm hoping they wear the Skippys down and the late night helps the Hornets out.

Comment

I'm hoping they wear the Skippys down and the late night helps the Hornets out.
                    Didn't work out so well for Edina in 1996, though.
                    Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing View Post
                      Didn't work out so well for Edina in 1996, though.
                      And that's relevant to this year's teams, how?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        Also I found out after the game that Gardiner has mono - hope he's got enough left in the tank.
                        If that is true, he should not be playing.

Comment

Already 1-0 Edina.
                          St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Thanks for the warning.

Comment

Saw you up there in the front row. Your boy looked like he was having the time of his life at the end of it.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                                Saw you up there in the front row. Your boy looked like he was having the time of his life at the end of it.
                                He had fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X