Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota High School Hockey 09-10: Pack your bags, we're going to St. Paul!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota High School Hockey 09-10: Pack your bags, we're going to St. Paul!

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    P.S. Solid performance out of #2 Redwood Valley 7-3 loss to Luverne? Yikes.
    It was 6-3, not that that's much consolation.

They'd beaten Luverne both times this year, by a combined 14 to 2. And, in this game, they were up 3 - 2 after the 2nd. Then: 4 goals in the 3rd for Luverne. Yikes is right.

Seems like that happens a lot to teams like Redwood: A usual bottom-dweller, finally having a great regular season, then finding that the playoffs are a whole 'nother matter. Hopefully it's a learning experience for everybody, and then next year they'll know what that next level requires.
    Bugs Bunny - 96
    Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

• Re: Minnesota High School Hockey 09-10: Pack your bags, we're going to St. Paul!

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      2AA and 6AA are usually at Mariucci. The U effed up and scheduled some stupid figure skating thing at that time so they moved it to the Target Center this year. Same story as the gophers-badgers game that friday.
      I meant for the semifinals.

And the more I think about it, I know the B-ville upset over AHA was at Mariucci, but don't remember if it was the semis or final, and I know Apple Valley upset AHA in the semifinals the year prior, but can't remember where that game was at.
      Originally posted by dicaslover
      Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
      Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

2AA and 6AA are usually at Mariucci. The U effed up and scheduled some stupid figure skating thing at that time so they moved it to the Target Center this year. Same story as the gophers-badgers game that friday.
        I heard on the radio that Mariucci has been too full for those games so they're glad they're at Target Center. Seems getting folks in and out between games at Mariucci was becoming a problem.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          I heard on the radio that Mariucci has been too full for those games so they're glad they're at Target Center. Seems getting folks in and out between games at Mariucci was becoming a problem.
          I was there last year, and there we so many people packed into Mariucci people were 5-6 deep in the concourse. We were next to the Minnetonka student section, they had students sitting in the aisles.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
            I meant for the semifinals.

And the more I think about it, I know the B-ville upset over AHA was at Mariucci, but don't remember if it was the semis or final, and I know Apple Valley upset AHA in the semifinals the year prior, but can't remember where that game was at.
            Nope. Semis have been at non-home high school rinks, just like this year. Like Edina plays at BIG and Jefferson at Braemar.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
              You're nuts on according to rinkfinder - 1800 for the big rink at BIG.

I like the fairgrounds too, can be really fun. The CDH-Woodbury OT game a few years ago had an awesome atmosphere.
              Braemar holds 3600. They may need it all this afternoon. Three of the top teams in state playing for one slot to State. They were prepping the place at 7 this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                Braemar holds 3600. They may need it all this afternoon. Three of the top teams in state playing for one slot to State. They were prepping the place at 7 this morning.
                aaaahhhhhh, I wish I could go to the games!
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Wow, Wayzata goes down hard to EP 4-1.

Comment

So EP-Tonka and Edina-Jefferson at Target?

Comment

hmmm, sounds like last year, except for the Target Center

RIP - Kirby

Comment

That sucks.

Next year.
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I just looked into buying tickets for the 2AA/6AA games, ticketraper is asking for almost as much in fees as the tickets cost, and I don't want to pay those schmucks. Will tickets be available at the high schools? Last year we drove to Edina High School to buy tickets at lunchtime, hopefully that works again.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Who is going to the 6AA and 2AA championships on Wednesday? I'm planning on going, and hoping that there are some others out there that are interested. I still haven't figured out tickets, will probably drive to Edina during lunch to buy them, if I can figure out when they're going to be selling them.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Who is going to the 6AA and 2AA championships on Wednesday? I'm planning on going, and hoping that there are some others out there that are interested. I still haven't figured out tickets, will probably drive to Edina during lunch to buy them, if I can figure out when they're going to be selling them.
                              Maybe. I need to check on some other things and there's a chance the kid will be in a playoff game that night (it looks he'll play Tuesday, but could be Wednesday).

Comment

It's definitely going to be an epic week of high school hockey for the State once again this year! Good Luck to everyone as they try and fulfill their dreams of playing at the X.

I wish FSN would pick up the games at target center...

bigblue, there's some possible interest from me to drive up and watch these ones..
                                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Working...
                                X