Health Care Reform - 1/6 of the Economy Up for Grabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Health Care Reform - 1/6 of the Economy Up for Grabs

I'm surprised nobody continued the previous thread sooner. Probably a better place to discuss this than the Obama thread.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." - Frederic Bastiat

Re: Health Care Reform - 1/6 of the Economy Up for Grabs

Originally posted by MinnFan View Post
    I'm surprised nobody continued the previous thread sooner. Probably a better place to discuss this than the Obama thread.
    No one cares anymore?
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      No one cares anymore?
      Pretty much, its a done deal and unlike Rover I think its going to make things worse not better. Get it done, the sooner the better is all that seems to matter. Does it deal with rising health care costs? Why is it delayed to 2014? if its going to save money, shouldn't we start saving now?
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        Pretty much, its a done deal and unlike Rover I think its going to make things worse not better. Get it done, the sooner the better is all that seems to matter. Does it deal with rising health care costs? Why is it delayed to 2014? if its going to save money, shouldn't we start saving now?

For something as big as this shouldn't the gov't have to prove that it can do what it says before we give over full control?

The gov't is already 0-2 when it comes to entitlement programs. Why should they get a third?
        "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." - Frederic Bastiat

Comment

For something as big as this shouldn't the gov't have to prove that it can do what it says before we give over full control?

The gov't is already 0-2 when it comes to entitlement programs. Why should they get a third?
          Just curious, but what is your problem with Social Security?

Regarding walrus' question, there is an effort to speed up certain provisions of the law, but some others will take time to set up (exchanges, public option, etc).
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
            He can speak for himself, but I'm guessing it might have to do with the "Social Security running out of funds" issue that's on the horizon.

I think that'll end up being an overblown issue. Once the boomers start kicking the bucket, our population growth trends will normalize everything.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Regarding walrus' question, there is an effort to speed up certain provisions of the law, but some others will take time to set up (exchanges, public option, etc).
              Not talking about parts of the bill, I'm talking the whole thing, why is it set to go into affect in 2014 when it could be saving us money now?

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                Not talking about parts of the bill, I'm talking the whole thing, why is it set to go into affect in 2014 when it could be saving us money now?
                Again with how you can't set all of this stuff up overnight....
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Why? Considering how he's draped himself with this issue, it may very well define his presidency.
                  "We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." -Thomas Jefferson

"I confess I enjoy democracy immensely. It is incomparably idiotic, and hence incomparably amusing." -H. L. Mencken

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                    He can speak for himself, but I'm guessing it might have to do with the "Social Security running out of funds" issue that's on the horizon.

I think that'll end up being an overblown issue. Once the boomers start kicking the bucket, our population growth trends will normalize everything.
                    But if the boomers live longer due to better health care, they will drain the SS system dry sooner.

Now, how to prevent that from happening...........
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Again with how you can't set all of this stuff up overnight....
                      Running out of brillance I see

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        But if the boomers live longer due to better health care, they will drain the SS system dry sooner.

Death panels.
                        Lipstick!

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                          Death panels.
                          Lipstick!
                          Heh! not verbose but funny!

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

CC to Joecct- check your email.

Comment

For starters, its bankrupt.

Comment

Working...
                              X