Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your Odd Grooming Habit(s)

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
    A few empirical studies of human social grooming exist.[14][15] They rely on self-report survey and experimental methodology of adults, living primarily in the U.S. and other Western cultures. People report grooming romantic partners more than grooming people they have other types of relationships with such as family members, friends, and strangers. Grooming is associated with increased relationship satisfaction, trust, and experience of family affection while growing up. People who groom, as opposed to touching each other without grooming, are perceived to be better potential parents, more in love with the person they have groomed and more caring and committed to them.[16] Women, but not men, tend to think people who have groomed one another are romantically involved. People also think that if people who have groomed one another are romantically involved, they are in a long-term relationship rather than one that has just begun.[17] Human mutual grooming plays a role in pair-bonding, however, entire industries may be attributed to human social grooming, including hair care (e.g. beauty salons and barber shops) and personal clothes tailoring. There is also some aspect of social grooming in the medical fields of dentistry, dermatology, and plastic surgery. The exchange of resources is grooming or hygienic services for a fee.
    - Wikipedia
    I guess that explains all the woodies in my group?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
      I guess that explains all the woodies in my group?
      The heck's that got to do with belly waxing?

Comment

I never comb my hair, I'll bet it hasn't been combed in 10 years. Its very curly and short. In my youth i had a heck of a 'fro
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
          This old guy I once knew eschewed the Pomade, went with the bacon fat. Winning move?
          Bacon, what can't it do?
          Cornell University Men's Hockey
          NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
          Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
            Bacon, what can't it do?
            It can't suck.

Comment

Working...
            X