This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Weaving the Strands: Business, Economics, and Tax Policy 2.0

And it's probably 46 gallons per POUND of blueberries, which would put it in line with a lot of other fruit.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5952862

Comment

Ban fruit! Real 'Muricans don't eat that rabbit food anyway.

Comment

So, Infowars is reporting that the UCFW stated that the Wal-mart shutdowns due to "plumbing", or at least one of them, are actually because of labour issues. http://www.infowars.com/mysterious-w...abor-activism/

For those that require an "approved news source": http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/20/bu...oard.html?_r=0

Welcome to employment at will, and its slippery slope. Wal-mart doesn't sign union contracts, so there isn't much you can really do. It's amazing how these complainers will still work there, too.

Comment

Isn't NLRB just an arm of ALEC at this point?
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            So, Infowars is reporting that the UCFW stated that the Wal-mart shutdowns due to "plumbing", or at least one of them, are actually because of labour issues. http://www.infowars.com/mysterious-w...abor-activism/

For those that require an "approved news source": http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/20/bu...oard.html?_r=0

Welcome to employment at will, and its slippery slope. Wal-mart doesn't sign union contracts, so there isn't much you can really do. It's amazing how these complainers will still work there, too.
            Minnesota is an at-will state and one of the most labor-friendly states. I don't see a problem with it. I thought you'd be all for this kind of thing. You know, deregulation and everything.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Minnesota is an at-will state and one of the most labor-friendly states. I don't see a problem with it. I thought you'd be all for this kind of thing. You know, deregulation and everything.
              Does Minnesota recognize the Taft-Hartley Act? That's one reason businesses are moving over to Wisconsin.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                That's one reason businesses are moving over to Wisconsin.
                Uhhh...
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Taft-Hartley placed restrictions on union power. Flag probably meant to get a case of the vapors over the NLR/Wagner Act.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Taft-Hartley placed restrictions on union power. Flag probably meant to get a case of the vapors over the NLR/Wagner Act.
                    No, I meant the Taft-Hartley Act. The act that does not require an employee to join a union. Especially necessary for the public sector. Want to require that privately? Your prerogative.

Comment

Comcast + Time Warner not going to happen.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Love what this CEO did. And it's paying off in spades.

http://www.upworthy.com/right-after-...booming?c=ufb1
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The ticking time bomb in New Jersey
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Pat, as expected, is not a fan of the Trans Pacific Partnership.
                            http://m.townhall.com/columnists/pat...-ruin-n1995971
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Pat, as expected, is not a fan of the Trans Pacific Partnership.
                              http://m.townhall.com/columnists/pat...-ruin-n1995971
                              I like a fair amount of Pat's ideas. But he buried in the 'the US is only in decline because you didn't listen to me' syndrome. That is to say most of the cited maladies facing the US are largely unavoidable long term structural issues (i.e., the rise of China) and not a matter of trade choices.
                              Go Gophers!

Comment

One of his more sane articles. He's right about the effect on free trade and calling out both parties for not questioning it more. I'm not opposed to free trade personally. I think it can do a lot of good. However, you HAVE to focus on USA jobs being created vs jobs being lost and frankly I'm not convinced we're a net positive in that regard for a lot these deals. I don't give a rat's arse if we can get 50 cents off of our Nike sneakers because they're now being made in Vietnam. That's not a worthwhile tradoff IMHO.
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X