Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weaving the Strands: Business, Economics, and Tax Policy 2.0

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Weaving the Strands: Business, Economics, and Tax Policy 2.0

    Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    The nice thing is that, because of the existence of the WWW, the First Amendment with regards to speech is more widely practiced, especially since desktops can practically run as servers and a domain name is fairly inexpensive.
    That is true. I would expect more and more restrictions on the internet (all in the name of counter-terrorism, of course) as more and more people become tech literate.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

    Comment


    • Re: Weaving the Strands: Business, Economics, and Tax Policy 2.0

      Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      That is true. I would expect more and more restrictions on the internet (all in the name of counter-terrorism, of course) as more and more people become tech literate.
      You'll see it soon under the guise of "net neutrality".

      Comment


      • Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Well, reading up on the 5 year BP Oil Spill. The Feds haven't paid out and BP hasn't paid out.

        That's how business and government work in this country. I just pray every day I don't have a disaster of some sort happen to me.
        We're still waiting on payouts for the Exxon Valdez.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

        Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

        Comment


        • Re: Weaving the Strands: Business, Economics, and Tax Policy 2.0

          Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          We're still waiting on payouts for the Exxon Valdez.
          I'm not surprised.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

          Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            Pravda was the name of the Soviet propaganda newspaper.
            Was? It's still around and still has a reasonably high level of influence, albeit a significantly lower one than it did in its heyday. Last I paid attention the print version comes out a few times per week as opposed to its former daily distribution. The main Russian link probably won't do anyone here much good, but I've long been amused by how the featured stories differ depending on which language one chooses. While the English version is amusing in its own right it's a shame the Russian context is very difficult to properly translate as it's infinitely more entertaining.

            english.pravda.ru

            "Minsk ceasefire backed by forked tongue." They'd be easier to laugh at if you didn't have to respect that nation for being the unmatched world and historical leader in "trollism that matters."
            Last edited by XYZ; 02-21-2015, 03:08 AM.
            I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

            Comment


            • Re: Weaving the Strands: Business, Economics, and Tax Policy 2.0

              Originally posted by XYZ View Post
              "Minsk ceasefire backed by forked tongue." They'd be easier to laugh at if you didn't have to respect that nation for being the unmatched world and historical leader in "trollism that matters."
              Oh, they're a distant second to Israel. The stuff that comes out of the Likudnik state press is, to quote from another thread, frozen pools of excrement. But the amazing part is how they do it deadpan. The PRC's state trolling is always passive-aggressive, and the Russians' is, well, just aggressive, but Israel's is so beautifully bland it puts the others to shame.

              I'm not distant enough from ours to evaluate it, but I'm sure we lead the planet in condescension. "USA: Texas writ large."
              Last edited by Kepler; 02-21-2015, 09:42 AM.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

              Comment


              • Re: Weaving the Strands: Business, Economics, and Tax Policy 2.0

                Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Oh, they're a distant second to Israel. The stuff that comes out of the Likudnik state press is, to quote from another thread, frozen pools of excrement. But the amazing part is how they do it deadpan. The PRC's state trolling is always passive-aggressive, and the Russians' is, well, just aggressive, but Israel's is so beautifully bland it puts the others to shame.

                I'm not distant enough from ours to evaluate it, but I'm sure we lead the planet in condescension. "USA: Texas writ large."
                No, the US isn't even close. While it has two prominent blocs that fall within a fairly narrow band of the political spectrum and each selectively chooses things to yammer about because people seem to enjoy fighting for the sake of fighting, the US does not have an official government arm aimed at hammering away with propaganda that is beyond laughable. Anyone who thinks it's similar is so off the rails biased that they need to get out more.

                That said, I've admitted on numerous occasions that I have zero interest in the Middle East and perhaps even less in Israel. Until someone explains to me why it's worth the US' time and money to bother with Israel, at least. I once started a thread here to ask that very question and it was quickly outpaced by a thread on Pepsi One or some such nonsense.

                Anyway, while far from an expert on the Middle East a bit of poking around tells me that the Likud isn't even on the same plane as the Russians. There's a different style to it. While the Jews are bombastic, the Russians turn it into an art form in the manner no one else does and the Israelis don't whiff it. Maybe it's a style thing I'm perhaps inclined to respect due to my past experiences and current interests, or maybe the proper context of the language and culture is tough to properly convey into proper English. Nonetheless -- it's one thing to be excessively loud in the name of political interests and it's another to practice a work of art. The Likud is in the same league as the SEIU. The Russians are Michelangelo.
                Last edited by XYZ; 02-26-2015, 02:26 AM. Reason: Because I type like a monkey on angel dust.
                I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

                Comment


                • Re: Weaving the Strands: Business, Economics, and Tax Policy 2.0

                  Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                  No, the US isn't even close. While it has two prominent blocs that fall within a fairly narrow band of the political spectrum and each selectively chooses things to yammer about because people seem to enjoy fighting for the sake of fighting, the US does not have an official government arm aimed at hammering away with propaganda that is beyond laughable. Anyone who thinks it's similar is so off the rails biased that they need to get out more.

                  That said, I've admitted on numerous occasions that I have zero interest in the Middle East and perhaps even less in Israel. Until someone explains to me why it's worth the US' time and money to bother with Israel, at least. I once started a thread here to ask that very question and it was quickly outpaced by a thread on Pepsi One or some such nonsense.

                  Anyway, while far from an expert on the Middle East a bit of poking around tells me that the Likud isn't even on the same plane as the Russians. There's a different style to it. While the Jews are bombastic, the Russians turn it into an art form in the manner no one else does and the Israelis don't whiff it. Maybe it's a style thing I'm perhaps inclined to respect due to my past experiences and current interests, or maybe the proper context of the language and culture is tough to properly convey into proper English. Nonetheless -- it's one thing to be excessively loud in the name of political interests and it's another to practice a work of art. The Likud is in the same league as the SEIU. The Russians are Michelangelo.
                  Actually, the US DOES have an arm that hammers away propaganda. It's called the Associated Press. Ever notice how every major TV station and newspaper is the same crap with different slants? You have to turn to alternative media to get real news.

                  Comment


                  • Re: Weaving the Strands: Business, Economics, and Tax Policy 2.0

                    Lololol
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                    Comment


                    • Re: Weaving the Strands: Business, Economics, and Tax Policy 2.0

                      Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Actually, the US DOES have an arm that hammers away propaganda. It's called the Associated Press. Ever notice how every major TV station and newspaper is the same crap with different slants? You have to turn to alternative media to get real news.
                      This is why I find it much easier to just huff Glade and hallucinate my news.
                      I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

                      Comment


                      • Re: Weaving the Strands: Business, Economics, and Tax Policy 2.0

                        Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                        This is why I find it much easier to just huff Glade and hallucinate my news.
                        It all makes sense now. I wondered where Breitbart got his stuff. It was from his stuff.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                        Comment


                        • Re: Weaving the Strands: Business, Economics, and Tax Policy 2.0

                          Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          Actually, the US DOES have an arm that hammers away propaganda. It's called
                          VOA. That's it's charter. It was the original "no spin zone." I'd love to hear the VOA announcement of the Allende murder sometime. Think equal parts Bill O'Reilly and Tokyo Rose.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                          Comment


                          • Re: Weaving the Strands: Business, Economics, and Tax Policy 2.0

                            Ever wonder why the majority (probably around 90%) of the sources of said information (TV, newspapers, you could probably also throw in movies) are owned by six companies? Easier for the government media complex to control.

                            Comment


                            • Re: Weaving the Strands: Business, Economics, and Tax Policy 2.0

                              Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              Ever wonder why the majority (probably around 90%) of the sources of said information (TV, newspapers, you could probably also throw in movies) are owned by six companies? Easier for the government media complex to control.
                              Yeah, but I can only think of one media outlet that actively lies and relishes that they do.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                              Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Weaving the Strands: Business, Economics, and Tax Policy 2.0

                                Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                Yeah, but I can only think of one media outlet that actively lies and relishes that they do.
                                It's the one that is feeding these six companies their orders. It's time to wake up and smell the roses, Scooby. Your attempts to create petty conflict are only helping the New World Order to win.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X