Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official "Fire the College Football Coach" Thread

Ok....

We have now gone through the majority of the college football and there are a lot of coaches on the hot seat.

Personally the coach that I feel deserves to be fired right now - Dan Hawkins. He is a joke. His offensive play calling is horrible. Yet, Colorado is giving him another year to treat us to crap football!!!
    Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
    www.firstandmonday.com

Re: The Official "Fire the College Football Coach" Thread

Tim Brewster....

Comment

Front Butt...
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Bernie Anderson
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
          Yet, Colorado is giving him another year to treat us to crap football!!!
          How is this a bad thing?
          Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
            Front Butt...
            We could do a two part poll involving him and two of his counterparts who have two of the same problems he does.

Poll 1 - Who is fatter? Poll 2 - Who has the best chance of keeping his job?
            Charlie Wies, ND
            Ralph Friedgen, Maryland
            Mark Mangino, Kansas
            Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
            2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
            2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
            Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Originally posted by MW4Bucky&SNC View Post
              We could do a two part poll involving him and two of his counterparts who have two of the same problems he does.

Charlie Wies, ND
              Ralph Friedgen, Maryland
              Mark Mangino, Kansas
              Mangino for the first one...

Friedgen for the 2nd. I'd have said Mangino for this too but for recent accusations made...

Someone call up Brian Kelly...Nice Irish name to lead the Irish to a BCS title. It's his destiny.
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

After the Chickenhawk Collapse this season, I suspect Mangino is gone. Hope this doesn't spiral him into a deep depression, forcing him to eat in order to achieve a state of balance. He could get fat by doing that!

Maybe Oklahoma will get wise and get rid of that cklicker Bob Stoops also. Big Game Bob!
                Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

Front Butt!!!!!!

Comment

Charlie shouldn't even be in this thread. It's not whether, but when. The Irish only chance to retain Clausen and Tate is to replace him quickly. Heopfully Kelly or Stoops can be convinced.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by MW4Bucky&SNC View Post

Charlie Wies, ND
                      Ralph Friedgen, Maryland
                      Mark Mangino, Kansas
                      Friedgen has friends in the right places here. He could probably go 0-12 and still keep his job.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        Charlie shouldn't even be in this thread. It's not whether, but when. The Irish only chance to retain Clausen and Tate is to replace him quickly.
                        Wouldn't defensive stars be more in a hurry to leave than offensive ones?

Comment

If I were ND I would wait until Prater enrolls before firing Weis.
                          Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Not that he is any kind of expert on it but I heard Dick Vitale on Mike and Mike saying Notre Dame should give Cowher a call. I actually think he could be pretty good with the right coordinators. Might at least make the defense better...which has been their biggest weakness for the past several years.

Comment

College football requires a much different skillset than the NFL for coaches.

In college football the coach has to be a great talent evaluator (GM) plus he has to sell the kid on coming to his school, he has to be a great salesman.

On top of that he has to be strong tactically, know how to work the refs...and has to make nice with boosters and the NCAA officials.

Cowher never coached at the collegiate level in any capacity.

Weis has been a solid recruiter. One thing people don't realize is that the odds of ND getting a guy better at recruiting than Weis are slim to none. Stoops isn't a miracle worker, nobody was better than frontbutt at convincing kids to go to the tundra of Indiana.

The issue now is, is there someone available that is a better coach than Weis that will do more with less? Because that's the deal, you'll get worse recruits for sure...but not necessarily better coaching. If you replace Weis then why go to Stoops? Go to Charlie Strong.
                              Last edited by Terrierbyassociation; 11-29-2009, 11:48 AM.
                              Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Working...
                              X