Elon Musk the 21st century Edison??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elon Musk the 21st century Edison??

I like this guy. Seems to be an entrepreneur who understands how to make things work.

Now he's done this

I'm sure he's going to have his share of failures, but if I was an investor, I think he'd be worth a few dollars.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: Elon Musk the 21st century Edison??

He's done some good stuff. This hand-waving business? Pretty much just hand waving, as far as I'm concerned. 3-D design will never be the domain of a "layman" or "idea guy," regardless of the interface. I don't see that this will allow for a major increase in the speed that competent designers can achieve in designing parts - there are already numerous interface tools (joysticks, spaceballs, etc) that already allow the designer to interact with 3D models rapidly and intuitively.

And don't get me started on hyperloop...
    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Re: Elon Musk the 21st century Edison??

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      I like this guy. Seems to be an entrepreneur who understands how to make things work.

Now he's done this

I'm sure he's going to have his share of failures, but if I was an investor, I think he'd be worth a few dollars.
      Good call. We could be watching a genius for the times...in the making.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
        He's done some good stuff. This hand-waving business? Pretty much just hand waving, as far as I'm concerned. 3-D design will never be the domain of a "layman" or "idea guy," regardless of the interface. I don't see that this will allow for a major increase in the speed that competent designers can achieve in designing parts - there are already numerous interface tools (joysticks, spaceballs, etc) that already allow the designer to interact with 3D models rapidly and intuitively.

And don't get me started on hyperloop...
        Spaceballs?!?! I loved that movie!,
        I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Working...
        X