Johnny Manziel vs Nic Kerdiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    And I'm not sure what you're talking about in regard to having less evidence against ohio state. That just isn't true. Nobody from ohio state even denied what was found out.
    So if they'd have pulled what Johnny Football did and deny, deny, deny do you think for a minute the NCAA would have said, "Darn, there's no evidence" and dropped it?

Comment

Re: Johnny Manziel vs Nic Kerdiles

It's simple, if nobody denies anything....pretty clear there's guilt.

If you do deny, then you lay the facts out there etc. To me, there was much more evidence against tressel and ohio state than there is against manziel. Look, I don't like it either but unless whoever manziel was working with provides hard evidence...nothing can be done. They can talk all they want, that ain't gonna get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
        Reggie Bush wasn't the reigning winner when the NCAA got around to punishing USC. Again, a QB in the SEC gets treated with kid gloves (Cam Newton says hello) while others get the book hurled at them. What "evidence" did the NCAA have against the kids at Ohio State? Less than they had against Johnny Football.
        Are you serious?
        They could prove the players sold items, and right now, they can't with Manziel.
        That is the difference.
        While logic may dictate that no one would sign that much stuff without being paid, they can't prove he actually took money.
        Your conspiracy theories just don't hold water.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
          They could prove the players sold items, and right now, they can't with Manziel.
          They can't? What have we been taking about for 2 weeks?
          St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
            They can't? What have we been taking about for 2 weeks?
            Speculation that he took money, but again, no one has actually been able to prove that he or anyone associated with him actually was paid.
            That's the only thing that matters here.
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

How much time did the NCAA put into investigating the Ohio State situation vs. the Manziel situation? Heck how much time did the NCAA put into the investigating the Kerdiles situation vs. the Manziel situation? In the USC/Bush situation Bush denied doing anything just like Manziel has. Despite this denial the NCAA didn't just give up, they pursued an investigation for a good amount of time and found that Bush and/or his family had broken rules. The NCAA, as usual, picks and chooses what, when and who they want investigate, hassle and punish. In the Bush case they wanted to, so they did. In the Manziel case they didn't want to, so they didn't.
              Last edited by Dirty; 08-31-2013, 10:41 PM.
              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                How much time did the NCAA put into investigating the Ohio State situation vs. the Manziel situation? Heck how much time did the NCAA put into the investigating the Kerdiles situation vs. the Manziel situation? The NCAA, as usual, picks and chooses what, when and who they want investigate, hassle and punish. In the Manziel case they didn't want to, so they didn't.
                Exactly. Pick and choose.

Comment

Dirty, tell me...what did they not investigate about this manziel thing? My impression is he's simply smarter or has a smarter support group around him than the kids who do get bagged. Sounds like he knew exactly what he was doing and that there was no chance they'd ever be able to prove anything.

Again, the NCAA has bagged big time players and programs before.

Comment

Exactly. Pick and choose.
                    Pick and choose what?
                    Kerdiles, there was proof his room was paid for by the agent, regardless of whether the money was paid back, the violation still occured.
                    Find me any actual proof that Manziel took money.
                    In this situation, someone would have to actually find the money, (not likely considering it was probably cash and he is already well off so high spending in his situation wouldn't be unusual) or someone has to talk and he isn't, he aide isn't and the broker isn't.
                    A&M may get punished after he goes and that is usual with the NCAA and it sucks, but it won't be because they found money, it'll be because someone talked, likely the broker.
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Dirty, tell me...what did they not investigate about this manziel thing? My impression is he's simply smarter or has a smarter support group around him than the kids who do get bagged. Sounds like he knew exactly what he was doing and that there was no chance they'd ever be able to prove anything.

Again, the NCAA has bagged big time players and programs before.
                      They spent what four hours talking to him? What exactly did they investigate? Maybe you're right though and Manziel, who has proven himself to be a complete buffoon in the past few months, really did cover all his tracks but the NCAA still seems to have spent relatively little time looking into the situation. They probably spent more time investigating Manti T'eo's imaginary girlfriend then they did Manziel taking money for autographs.
                      Last edited by Dirty; 08-31-2013, 11:06 PM.
                      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Pick and choose what?
                        Kerdiles, there was proof his room was paid for by the agent, regardless of whether the money was paid back, the violation still occured.
                        Find me any actual proof that Manziel took money.
                        In this situation, someone would have to actually find the money, (not likely considering it was probably cash and he is already well off so high spending in his situation wouldn't be unusual) or someone has to talk and he isn't, he aide isn't and the broker isn't.
                        A&M may get punished after he goes and that is usual with the NCAA and it sucks, but it won't be because they found money, it'll be because someone talked, likely the broker.
                        He went out and signed thousands of dollars worth of merch. The NCAA will punish A&M itself after Manziel has gone "pro" jut like Reggie Bush and USC. And by "go pro" I mean "get cut before the regular season by the Bills or Jaguars."

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                          They spent what four hours talking to him? What exactly did they investigate? Maybe you're right and Manziel, who has proven himself to be a complete buffoon in the past few months, really did cover all his tracks though but the NCAA still seems to have spend relatively little time looking into the situation. They probably spent more time investigating Manti T'eo's imaginary girlfriend then they did Manziel taking money for autographs.
                          "Did you take money for signing those autographs?"
                          'Nope'
                          "There are media reports that these guys have admitted giving you cash"
                          'No one paid me.'
                          "Good enough for me. Good luck against Rice next weekend."
                          'They gave the cash to my friend instead.'
                          "What did you say?"
                          'Nothing. Can I get to practice now?'
                          "Sure thing. Sorry to bother you."

Comment

He went out and signed thousands of dollars worth of merch. The NCAA will punish A&M itself after Manziel has gone "pro" jut like Reggie Bush and USC. And by "go pro" I mean "get cut before the regular season by the Bills or Jaguars."
                            I agree he likely got paid, but what you and I and EVERYONE else may believe means zilch without proof.
                            Either find the money, or get someone to talk, since those aren't likely to happen, they can't touch him.
                            Is it fair? No
                            Is it right? No
                            But that's the way it is.
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

I agree he likely got paid, but what you and I and EVERYONE else may believe means zilch without proof.
                              Either find the money, or get someone to talk, since those aren't likely to happen, they can't touch him.
                              Is it fair? No
                              Is it right? No
                              But that's the way it is.
                              It's the NCAA using loopholes in the rules to their advantage. Like usual. I promise there will be sanctions against A&M next summer after this big dummy leaves school.

Comment

Ya I just don't think it has anything to do with conference affiliation
                                Right. A few years ago the logical final game would have been rematch of Mich/OSU, but we couldn't have that. Now we get couple SEC teams every other year!

Comment

Working...
                                X