Johnny Manziel vs Nic Kerdiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnny Manziel vs Nic Kerdiles

Last year incoming UW freshman Nic Kerdiles was suspended by the NCAA for an entire year because the night of the NHL draft he stayed in a hotel room that was part of a block purchased by Ian Pulver, a full fledged sports agent. Sources said there were extenuating circumstances that led Kerdiles to stay in that room, and that once his family found out Pulver paid for it, they paid for the hotel stay. His suspension was later reduced to 30% of the season, 10 games.

Johnny Manziel knowingly signed thousands of autographs for multiple memorabilia dealers, was reportedly paid 5 figures to do so (but alas, there's no proof), but he only gets half a game suspension for "inadvertently" violating ncaa rules. He is even recorded saying to a dealer "you never did a signing with me". He got to keep whatever he profited from this. Obviously signing thousands of autographs on separate multiple occasions does not fit the definition of inadvertent.

It's fair to say Kerdiles also inadvertently violated the rules, though his instance was a true inadvertent violation, and his family paid for the hotel and he looses 30% of his season. Manziel gets 5 figures, keeps it, and looses 4% of his season.

We all know the NCAA is a pile of horse crap, I just thought it would be interesting to contrast the 2 cases.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Re: Johnny Manziel vs Nic Kerdiles

Yep. It's a different variation of the same rule you see in every other part of society: if you make more money, the rules don't apply to you.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Kerdiles was scheduled to be a stinking BADger. QED

Comment

I don't even think I can begin to say that I think the NCAA made a fair decision for Johnny Football... But money talks... So I'm not shocked at all..
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Kerdiles doesn't play QB in the SEC.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
            Kerdiles doesn't play QB in the SEC.
            How happy is A&M that they made the move to the SEC? Manziel would have never seen the field again had they stayed in the B12. Now, USC is going to feel the wrath of the NCAA for Manziel's wrongdoings.

Comment

At least Johnny Football has some class. After his first TD pass he hauled out a money clip. The NCAA really messed up.

Comment

Um, Timothy A, the reason Manziel wasn't bagged for real is because the NCAA couldn't prove it. Sucks, but it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  Um, Timothy A, the reason Manziel wasn't bagged for real is because the NCAA couldn't prove it. Sucks, but it is what it is.
                  Because the NCAA decided they didn't want to try to prove it. The NCAA had witch hunts at USC involving no long student-athlete Reggie Bush and Miami, spending months investigating in hopes of finding something so they could punish those two schools. But after spending four hours talking to Manziel, the NCAA decides they can't prove anything and give up.
                  Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

That's a fair opinion, no question...but, they have suspended superstar football players for multiple games/whole season, etc. before. Do they pick and choose their battles? Some will undoubtedly say yes. I just have a hard time believing they'd let something as blatant as this go, no matter how big the star.

Putting big time programs on probation, etc. hurt the overall cash cow that college football is, but that hasn't stopped the NCAA from acting.

Comment

The NCAA ended Dez Bryant' s college career because he had lunch with Deon Sanders. They have this kid on audio with one of the guys who paid him cash. Yeah...No evidence. They didn't want to punish the reigning Heisman winner who just happens to play in the SEC. What a coincidence. If he was still the QB at Oregon, the Ducks would already be on probation with a two year bowl ban.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                        The NCAA ended Dez Bryant' s college career because he had lunch with Deon Sanders. They have this kid on audio with one of the guys who paid him cash. Yeah...No evidence. They didn't want to punish the reigning Heisman winner who just happens to play in the SEC. What a coincidence. If he was still the QB at Oregon, the Ducks would already be on probation with a two year bowl ban.
                        They suspended Bryant because he lied about it and got caught.
                        Yes they have him audio but no they don't have proof he was paid.
                        Is it highly likely he did get paid? Sure
                        But there is no proof.
                        I don't like the NCAA much either but your comments here are ridiculous.
                        If they cared that much about the Heisman, Bush would still have one.
                        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                          They suspended Bryant because he lied about it and got caught.
                          Yes they have him audio but no they don't have proof he was paid.
                          Is it highly likely he did get paid? Sure
                          But there is no proof.
                          I don't like the NCAA much either but your comments here are ridiculous.
                          If they cared that much about the Heisman, Bush would still have one.
                          Reggie Bush wasn't the reigning winner when the NCAA got around to punishing USC. Again, a QB in the SEC gets treated with kid gloves (Cam Newton says hello) while others get the book hurled at them. What "evidence" did the NCAA have against the kids at Ohio State? Less than they had against Johnny Football.

Comment

Ya I just don't think it has anything to do with conference affiliation

Comment

And I'm not sure what you're talking about in regard to having less evidence against ohio state. That just isn't true. Nobody from ohio state even denied what was found out.

Comment

Working...
                              X