This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013-14 NHL Season - With a Wing and a Fehr

Sabres turn Vanek and Cody McCormick into Torrey Mitchell, a conditional 2014 1st round pick (from Isles), 2015 2nd round pick (from Isles), 2014 2nd round pick (from Min), and a 2016 2nd round pick (from MIN).

Islanders turn Moulson, conditional 2014 1st round pick, 2014 5th round pick, and 2015 2nd round pick, into Sebastian Collberg (SEL) and a conditional 2014 2nd round pick.

Is there any wonder why the Isles suck, year after year? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    My Four Favorite teams:
    RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
    Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

I like what the Wild did in getting Moulson for Mitchell and some picks. I wonder if they are planning on resigning him or if they will stick with the original plan and sign Vanek this summer, maybe both? Don't know if they can afford that.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

You guys will like Moulson. He's still not a fast skater (never has been) but works hard along the boards and has really good hands. He also has fantastic bushy eyebrows.
        Cornell University Men's Hockey
        NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Comment

Moulson is Clutterbuck with scoring upside.

Wings ended up losing Jarnkrok as the prospect. The screaming on LGW and HFBoards has commenced.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            I like what the Wild did in getting Moulson for Mitchell and some picks. I wonder if they are planning on resigning him or if they will stick with the original plan and sign Vanek this summer, maybe both? Don't know if they can afford that.
            Dump Heatley's overpaid *** and suddenly it seems workable. Fletcher has a couple of Vanek's friends on the team now, methinks there's a grand master plan at work here...

Comment

Dreger is reporting the Devils are going to get to keep their pick from the Kovalchuk circumvention.
              It will be assigned as #30 no matter where they finish and the 1.5 million dollar fine has been forgiven as well.
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
                Dump Heatley's overpaid *** and suddenly it seems workable. Fletcher has a couple of Vanek's friends on the team now, methinks there's a grand master plan at work here...
                It does seem that Fletcher has a master plan, and that it might actually work. It is just such an odd thing to see around these parts.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                  Dreger is reporting the Devils are going to get to keep their pick from the Kovalchuk circumvention.
                  It will be assigned as #30 no matter where they finish and the 1.5 million dollar fine has been forgiven as well.
                  I liked the tweet that opined the Devils got more from the NHL than the Islanders did for Vanek.
                  This space for sale.

Comment

Trying to figure out why NHL Network didn't show the Lidstrom ceremony.
                    Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                      Trying to figure out why NHL Network didn't show the Lidstrom ceremony.
                      They were supposed to.

Or were you referring to the fact that they had it mislabeled as Steve Yzerman's retirement ceremony?

Supposedly the ceremony was available to stream on Game Center Live everywhere except for the US or Canada. My biggest complaint is how the NHL handles the blackout for the NHL Network. I wish they were more like the MLB.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Crosby still yet to score vs. the Sharks in his career. 0 points, -5 tonight. Fun.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                          Crosby still yet to score vs. the Sharks in his career. 0 points, -5 tonight. Fun.
                          Heck of a back checker too.
                          Old Monster Records

Comment

Originally posted by Rimbaud View Post
                            Syd doing his best Ovi impression!
                            My Four Favorite teams:
                            RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
                            Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rimbaud View Post
                              controller 1 disconnected
                              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by MattS View Post
                                Syd doing his best Ovi impression!
                                And Fleury doing his best Red Light Racicot.

Comment

Working...
                                X