• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013-14 NHL Season - With a Wing and a Fehr

Engage.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: 2013-14 NHL Season - With a Wing and a Fehr

Make it so

Comment

There...are...FOUR...LIGHTS!
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Wing and a Fehr. Well played.
        Cornell University Men's Hockey
        NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Comment

Seriously, though: Those fake stars and fake laces are some real Oregon Ducks nonsense.

Edited to add: If Nike designed cars, they wouldn't put a grill in front of the engine, but they'd probably decide to paint one on anyway.
          Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 08-28-2013, 03:05 PM.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Nice thread title.
            Twitter: DanMountSports
            2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
              Seriously, though: Those fake stars and fake laces are some real Oregon Ducks nonsense.

Edited to add: If Nike designed cars, they wouldn't put a grill in front of the engine, but they'd probably decide to paint one on anyway.
              About that...
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I don't get how they're "fake stars". They're real stars, just done in a really strange way.
                Cornell University Men's Hockey
                NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Comment

of course NIKE forgot the 3rd USA Gold Medal -- 1998 Women.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    of course NIKE forgot the 3rd USA Gold Medal -- 1998 Women.
                    I don't think they forgot it. I think they left it off because it was the women's team that won gold, not the men's.

Perhaps the 1998 gold will end up in the collar of the women's sweaters...
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

New Jersey Devils STH have a chance to buy early tickets to the Stadium Series game to be played at 12:30 on January 26, 2014 vs the New York Rangers. I will not be attending, but I have the ability to purchase up to 4 tickets at STH rates. If anyone is interested, please contact me at jhfhockey(at)gmail.com and do it quickly, as my window to buy tickets closes next Wednesday.

*****http://3.cdn.nhle.com/devils/images/upload/2013/08/SS14_YankeeStadium_SeatingChart-image.jpg******

The $79, $119 and $349 price points are not available. Fees and shipping are extra.

Comment

Are they really calling it the "Stadium Series" now, as opposed to the "Winter Classic", or am I just missing something here?
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                          Are they really calling it the "Stadium Series" now, as opposed to the "Winter Classic", or am I just missing something here?
                          They are calling it a series because they will also have an Islanders-Rangers game on 1/29 (Wednesday night).

Comment

http://events2014.nhl.com

2014 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic ®
                            January 1, Michigan Stadium, Ann Arbor, MI, Maple Leafs vs. Red Wings

2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series ™
                            January 25, Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles, CA, Ducks vs. Kings

January 26, Yankee Stadium, New York, NY, Rangers vs. Devils

January 29, Yankee Stadium, New York, NY, Rangers vs. Islanders

March 1, Soldier Field, Chicago, IL, Penguins vs. Blackhawks

Tim Hortons Heritage Classic
                            March 2, BC Place, Vancouver, BC, Canada, Senators vs. Canucks

1 Winter Classic
                            1 Heritage Classic
                            4 Stadium Series games
                            1 Giant money grab by the NHL and the team owners while also ruining the specialness of the event.
                            Last edited by aparch; 08-29-2013, 03:24 PM.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              1 Winter Classic
                              1 Heritage Classic
                              4 Stadium Series games
                              1 Giant money grab by the NHL and the team owners while also ruining the specialness of the event.
                              He shoots - he scores!
                              Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Working...
                              X