Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glow in the dark tie dye

OK, this may be too obscure.

My kickball league is going to do "cosmic" kickball... aka, night time outdoor kickball... next season.

This would be a bit difficult in its own right, but I'm thinking about requesting white and trying to go tie-dye. The title is obvious, if we go this route I want to do it glow-in-the-dark.

Anybody try to go this road before? The internet is suggesting its possible... crafts people... please chime in.

--Pat
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Re: Glow in the dark tie dye

Would you be able to see them glowing under the lights?
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
      OK, this may be too obscure.

My kickball league is going to do "cosmic" kickball... aka, night time outdoor kickball... next season.

This would be a bit difficult in its own right, but I'm thinking about requesting white and trying to go tie-dye. The title is obvious, if we go this route I want to do it glow-in-the-dark.

Anybody try to go this road before? The internet is suggesting its possible... crafts people... please chime in.

--Pat
      Go start collecting jellyfish and fireflies.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Buy glow sticks in bunches from the dollar store. Wear them, or cut them and splatter on your clothing.

Comment

Are you looking for photoluminescent or retroreflective? There is a lot of retroreflective options - my favorite company makes a product that can be die cut and applied to clothing using heat transfer - like and old school old iron-on tee-shirt. Product is Scotchlite 5807 and any place that caters to firefighters should be able to help you. Unfortunately it's only available in silver....so it's not too creative.

Photoluminescent is probably more expensive....

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
          And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
          Twenty red lights in his honor
          Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Liquid laundry detergent (like Era or Tide) glow in the dark with black light. We used to "paint" our concrete dorm walls with it.

http://chemistry.about.com/cs/howthi...blacklight.htm
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Instead of dying it i would prefer to go with neon color Tye. Its really in vogue now a days and will glow too in night.
              Last edited by SelinaMarshall; 01-18-2014, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X