• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 5: Insert Catchy Title Here

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
    Rob Ford? Chris Farley? You decide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFloKq0FP9o
    You have to wonder how that guy ever became mayor of a city like Toronto.

Comment

Rob Ford? Chris Farley? You decide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFloKq0FP9o
      Well done montage.

Seems to me that Ford is a world class drunk at best. "Have I tried it? Well, maybe in one of my drunken stupors" - as if that makes it acceptable. Plus now his crass public denial of his advances on a female staffer, followed hours later by an apology.

And now that he's admitted that he's bought "illegal drugs" in the past two years (which could be anything from pot to crystal to smack), and multiple staffers are claiming they were asked to stock his booze, I'd say we can call this "Myth Confirmed".

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Well done montage.

Seems to me that Ford is a world class drunk at best. "Have I tried it? Well, maybe in one of my drunken stupors" - as if that makes it acceptable. Plus now his crass public denial of his advances on a female staffer, followed hours later by an apology.

And now that he's admitted that he's bought "illegal drugs" in the past two years (which could be anything from pot to crystal to smack), and multiple staffers are claiming they were asked to stock his booze, I'd say we can call this "Myth Confirmed".
        As you say, he's clearly an embarrassment. Perhaps he could move to Chicago.
        2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
          You have to wonder how that guy ever became mayor of a city like Toronto.
          Well, Chicago elected a gay, coke freak who had failed to pay his taxes for five straight years (even though his birthday was April 15th!). That sets the bar pretty high. Still, it's a fair question to ask. And why can't they get rid of him?

Comment

Chicago gets its groove back. 15 shot overnight. No "assault" weapons. No pudgy community watch "white Hispanics." No victim who looked like the President's imaginary son. No "skillets." Just 15 people shot by thugs. Nothing to see here. Move along.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,2915240.story
            Last edited by Old Pio; 11-17-2013, 05:26 PM.

Comment

A little glimmer of common sense: Coachella Valley High School will not be changing its nickname from "Arabs."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/11/17...cmp=latestnews

Comment

A little glimmer of common sense: Coachella Valley High School will not be changing its nickname from "Arabs."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/11/17...cmp=latestnews
                That was the obvious compromise.

Comment

That was the obvious compromise.

A word generally not found in the PC Nazi lexicon. I'd be curious to know if any of the 900 who signed that on line petition, claiming they were "offended" had ever attended a sporting event at the school. Just like at DU with the ones who say they're "offended" by Denver Boone. I wonder how many of them ever go to sporting events. And if Boone's definitely consigned to the dustbin of history, how many of 'em will go to games then?

During the Chief Illiniwek debate, one self-identified NA female said the mere existence of Illiniwek hurt her grades. Ponder that for a moment, this babe is studying for her Rhetoric 101 mid term and gets a lower mark than she otherwise would have because of an athletic symbol? This is a plea for therapy, not a cogent argument against Chief Illiniwek. Now that the chief is gone, can we assume her grades picked up? Bosh.
                  Last edited by Old Pio; 11-17-2013, 08:44 PM.

Comment

A word generally not found in the PC Nazi lexicon. I'd be curious to know if any of the 900 who signed that on line petition, claiming they were "offended" had ever attended a sporting event at the school. Just like at DU with the ones who say they're "offended" by Denver Boone. I wonder how many of them ever go to sporting events. And if Boone's definitely consigned to the dustbin of history, how many of 'em will go to games then?

During the Chief Illiniwek debate, one self-identified NA female said the mere existence of Illiniwek hurt her grades. Ponder that for a moment, this babe is studying for her Rhetoric 101 mid term and gets a lower mark than she otherwise would have because of an athletic symbol? This is a plea for therapy, not an argument against Chief Illiniwek. Now that the chief is gone, can we assume her grades picked up? Bosh.
                    Yep, it's pretty much all PC garbage. At least you guys got to keep the "Pioneers", naturally because that's not a tribal or racial name.

And yet, we have the Cleveland Indians with the most legitimately racist logo in sports, seemingly without significant complaint. Funny how that works.

Comment

Yep, it's pretty much all PC garbage. At least you guys got to keep the "Pioneers", naturally because that's not a tribal or racial name.

And yet, we have the Cleveland Indians with the most legitimately racist logo in sports, seemingly without significant complaint. Funny how that works.
                      Every time I think about the Indians I think about that a*shole Clinton throwing out the first pitch on opening day wearing a farm club cap that had a "c" and no indian. I swear, if I had owned that club, I would have said: "Mr. President, either wear a Cleveland Indians cap or we'll get Gary Coleman to do this."

Comment

Yeah, we're still the Pioneers. But when the poobahs are done, Pioneers will be represented by jackalopes or elk or something. And not a cartoon guy with a coonskin cap and a beard (created by Disney). My first meeting with Frank Serratore after he'd been hired at DU the subject of Dnever Boone came up. And he said: "That fa*got?" Frank wanted to butch the little guy up. LOL.

Comment

Meet Opal Phelps. The Texas woman thwarted a home invasion by kicking the a*shole in the face! Did I mention she's 92? Watch the interview to see what she promises to do the next time.

http://t.now.msn.com/opal-phelps-92-...truder-in-face

Comment

So, my local airport now essentially "jails" anyone who flies. Granted, they did do this before, but now it truly has the make-up of a jail. http://www.infowars.com/tsa-rolls-ou...erminal-exits/

And for the huff-and-puffers that read based upon branding: http://www.cnycentral.com/news/story...6#.Uoofs9LkvxC

Comment

My high school (Lyme) in Upstate NY had the nickname Indians, and we were proud of it. While I was in school, there was a group of 5-10 people that wanted to change the name because they thought it was offensive. (A couple other schools changed their names as Sackets Harbor went from Indians to Patriots and Clifton-Fine changed to the Eagles from the Patriots.) So we did a referendum on changing the name and we voted by a 95-5% margin to keep it. (We have Native Americans in the district and they voted to keep it because they said they were honored to have that name.)

I do agree on the Wahoo logo looking offensive. I thought there was a survey by the club to ask if the fans would be upset with a logo change. Personally, they do need to get rid of it.
                              Twitter: DanMountSports
                              2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Working...
                              X