This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 5: Insert Catchy Title Here

Ermey was so good, and I'm sure Kubrick could see that immediately. I wonder if he had originally intended to devote as much story time to boot camp as he did.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=812ycdrtWdk

Japanese "learn English" audio book that has a "boot camp" chapter. Guess what English movie they decided to pull the dialogue from. Whoops.
      The Japanese scare me sometimes...
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Stay classy, delta bravo.

http://www.wwnytv.com/news/local/Man...231463661.html
        Twitter: DanMountSports
        2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
          Thanks for relating that. I hadn't ever heard the story, but I'm not surprised. No rap on Kubrick, but I doubt he and his coterie had any idea at all of what a Marine D.I. was all about. In today's Marine Corps, Ermey would have to come up with a whole new vocabulary to replace the language he used in the film (as would every other D.I.). As to writing those sequences, who but a D.I. is qualified? If you haven't been there and done that, how on earth could you expect to realistically put that language on paper? I'd imagine Kubrick had never heard the phrase "skull bleep" before it came out of Ermey's mouth.
          I heard somewhere that as a joke during a break in filming he snuck up behind Kubrick's chair and started barking out orders to him, which Kubrick jumped up and starting doing for a few seconds before he realized it was a gag.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Meanwhile, during half time of last week's Michigan/Nebraska game, Michigan president Mary Sue Coleman was obviously in the bag when she addressed the crowd.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/11/do...t-drunk-video/
            2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Meanwhile, during half time of last week's Michigan/Nebraska game, Michigan president Mary Sue Coleman was obviously in the bag when she addressed the crowd.

Or she was having some sort of TIA. Personally I think she was hammered.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                Or she was having some sort of TIA. Personally I think she was hammered.
                Maybe Mayor Rob Ford showed up in advance of the Leafs - Wings Winter Classic game.
                Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

And in Texas, the "obvious" effort by supporters of the new Voter ID law to suppress the vote, particularly of minorities, didn't work. Go figure. Any chance opponents of voter ID will tone down the "poll tax" rhetoric? Surely you jest.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/12/opinio...aws/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                    I heard somewhere that as a joke during a break in filming he snuck up behind Kubrick's chair and started barking out orders to him, which Kubrick jumped up and starting doing for a few seconds before he realized it was a gag.
                    Sergeant Pio: If you ******* ladies of the choir live through this thread, if you survive my contemptuous sarcasm, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of conservatism praying for war against *******s everywhere. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human ****ing beings. You are nothing but unorganized grabastic pieces of amphibian ****! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me, the more you will learn. I am hard but I am fair. There is no racial bigotry here. I do not look down on ******s, kikes, wops or greasers. Here you are all equally worthless. And my orders are to weed out all non-hackers who do not pack the gear to serve my beloved Goldwater ideals. Do you maggots understand that?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                      Sergeant Pio: If you ******* ladies of the choir live through this thread, if you survive my contemptuous sarcasm, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of conservatism praying for war against *******s everywhere. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human ****ing beings. You are nothing but unorganized grabastic pieces of amphibian ****! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me, the more you will learn. I am hard but I am fair. There is no racial bigotry here. I do not look down on ******s, kikes, wops or greasers. Here you are all equally worthless. And my orders are to weed out all non-hackers who do not pack the gear to serve my beloved Goldwater ideals. Do you maggots understand that?
                      Sir, yes sir.

Comment

Originally posted by old pio View Post
                        sir, yes sir.
                        I can't hear you!
                        Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                          I can't hear you!
                          A buddy of mine in AF basic training had a friend of his at Parris Island at the same time. This friend wrote several agonized letters to my buddy complaining bitterly about what he was going through. We just laughed. BTW, during the height of the Vietnam war, the Marines also drafted. Imagine being in a processing center somewhere, looking forward to basic at Ft. Leonard Wood or some other Army garden spot, and an ugly looking Marine sergeant informs you of a change in destination. That would be a very bad day.

Comment

U of M issued a statement yesterday blaming the high winds for distorting her voice. While we did have high winds in SE Michigan on Saturday, having heard the tape, I don't buy a word of that. Drunk, on the other hand, I'm not so sure about. As for Mrs. Coleman, she's clammed up, as is her right. This has pretty much blown over now (pardon the pun), so we'll never know what really happened.

On a side note, my dad has said for years that his alma mater will not be getting another dime of his money until Mrs. Coleman retires or dies in office. When she all but refused to respect the decision made by a majority of Michigan voters to ban affirmative action practices, it was the last straw for him.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              U of M issued a statement yesterday blaming the high winds for distorting her voice. While we did have high winds in SE Michigan on Saturday, having heard the tape, I don't buy a word of that. Drunk, on the other hand, I'm not so sure about. As for Mrs. Coleman, she's clammed up, as is her right. This has pretty much blown over now (pardon the pun), so we'll never know what really happened.

On a side note, my dad has said for years that his alma mater will not be getting another dime of his money until Mrs. Coleman retires or dies in office. When she all but refused to respect the decision made by a majority of Michigan voters to ban affirmative action practices, it was the last straw for him.
                              There is a lot of that going around.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                There is a lot of that going around.
                                Boy is there! Like those who refuse to respect the decision made by a majority of our nation's elected legislators to pass health care legislation.

Comment

Working...
                                X