International Left Handers Day 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Left Handers Day 2014

When I was in high school 17 of us went on a trip to Italy and Greece. One evening in Rome we all went out to eat. One of our number noticed that all four at our table were left-handed. None of the others were. The odds of there being four lefties in a group of 17 AND all sitting together completely by chance are astronomical. (I'm sure Ralph or one of his math fiends will be by momentarily to tell us just how astronomical ) It turned out that myself and one other person were actually ambidextrous but ate left-handed.

Comment

BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
        See post #2.

Comment

Since I screwed up the year last year, I might as well revive this thread.

Happy International Left-Handers Day to all fellow southpaws!

Comment

How gauche.

"Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              To all of my fellow natural southpaws out there, whether it's writing, throwing, using a hockey stick, putting, shooting billiards, using a mouse, sending morse code, some combination of these or any other things, I want to wish you and ours a Happy International Left-Handers Day!

I dressed as a mascot named Southpaw, does that count?
              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Lefties of the world, unite!
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

At least left handers are in their right minds.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

So we're celebrating the 2015 National Left Handers Day?

Comment

I just learned that three of our last four presidents, including the guy who presides over 57 states, are left handed.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                        So we're celebrating the 2015 National Left Handers Day?
                        Next year.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          I just learned that three of our last four presidents, including the guy who presides over 57 states, are left handed.
                          Gerald Ford as well. There are reports that Reagan was left-handed, but video shows him writing right. Perhaps he bat or golfed left-handed? I think Truman did...

Comment

Gerald Ford was left-handed...only while sitting down. Right-handed otherwise (that includes writing: sitting down? Left handed. Writing on a blackboard? Right handed).
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Lefties of the world, unite!
                              One of the last forms of discrimination still permissible: those class room desks with the writing surface on the right and butter knives are just two examples. I'm old enough to remember class mates whose parents evidently gave permission for teachers to force their kid to write right. One guy in particular suffered terribly it seemed to my childish mind. Nobody said a word to me, so I'm assuming Dr. & Mrs. Pio were cool with it. In those days ball points hadn't yet taken over the world. And I had a devil of a time with fountain pens: dragging my left hand through the ink left me with a pronounced stain on the hand all the time.
                              2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                Gerald Ford was left-handed...only while sitting down. Right-handed otherwise (that includes writing: sitting down? Left handed. Writing on a blackboard? Right handed).
                                I did not know that. And had never heard of it before, either. I'm a mixture: throw left, bat right, tennis & bowling left, golf right, write left.
                                2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Working...
                                X