International Left Handers Day 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Left Handers Day 2014

To all of my fellow natural southpaws out there, whether it's writing, throwing, using a hockey stick, putting, shooting billiards, using a mouse, sending morse code, some combination of these or any other things, I want to wish you and ours a Happy International Left-Handers Day!

Re: International Left Handers Day 2014

Since all you lefties are a little slow you had to start this months ahead of time?

Comment

Party at the Leftorium, later.
      Twitter: DanMountSports
      2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        To all of my fellow natural southpaws out there, whether it's writing, throwing, using a hockey stick, putting, shooting billiards, using a mouse, sending morse code, some combination of these or any other things, I want to wish you and ours a Happy International Left-Handers Day!
        Woo Hoo! Happy LH day!
        Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Using a left-hand hockey stick means you're right-hand dominant. The control hand is at the top of the stick. A lot of people get it forced upon them to do things opposite of how they should be taught because it's too much ingrained within us that right-handed writing translates to doing all things right-handed.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            Using a left-hand hockey stick means you're right-hand dominant. The control hand is at the top of the stick. A lot of people get it forced upon them to do things opposite of how they should be taught because it's too much ingrained within us that right-handed writing translates to doing all things right-handed.

My kid is a lefty...

He writes lefty, throws and catches lefty (baseball & football), punches lefty, plays guitar lefty.

He uses a right handed hockey stick (which is correct for a lefty - as you said), bats right handed (could switch hit when he was younger), golfs right handed and is right hand dominant for lacrosse.

He's all ****ed up.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
              My kid is a lefty...

He writes lefty, throws and catches lefty (baseball & football), punches lefty, plays guitar lefty.

He uses a right handed hockey stick (which is correct for a lefty - as you said), bats right handed (could switch hit when he was younger), golfs right handed and is right hand dominant for lacrosse.

He's all ****ed up.
              That's clear since he likes lacrosse!
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

He's all ****ed up.
                So I guess we know he's your kid and not the mailman's then.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                  So I guess we know he's your kid and not the mailman's then.
                  qft

He's definitely my idiot.
                  Last edited by Gurtholfin; 08-13-2013, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Lefty power!! Played hockey lefty, golf LH, catch LH, swung a bat lefty as well. But as has been explained, it's all correct because my right hand is my dominant hand.

Give me a lacrosse stick and I look silly with it and throw like a girl. Just the way real Americans should be!!

Comment

For the lacrosse haters in here...

I'm not here to change your minds. I was right there with the rest of college hockey fans as we watched the never ending OT a few years back.

As a parent though who attends his kid's sporting events, I gotta say it was a great day when the boy dropped out of baseball to take up lacrosse at about age 10.

10 year old Little League may be the absolute most boring gut wrenching thing to ever have to watch.

Lacrosse is actually fun to watch and the game flow is a mixture of hockey (physicality), basketball (offensively) and soccer (advancing the field/transition). At least half of my kid's teammates over the years have also been hockey players. Usually good hockey players.

Also - at least in lacrosse, I get to see my kid light fools up!

*****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/_MG_2689_zps5794100c.jpg******

*****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/_MG_2786_zpsfbc7fd5e.jpg******

Last edited by Gurtholfin; 08-13-2013, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Yaaaa, you aren't going to sell lacrosse to many in here comparing it to basketball AND soccer.

I don't mind watching lacrosse, honestly. Much better than watching basketball and/or soccer.

Comment

Also - at least in lacrosse, I get to see my kid light fools up!

*****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/_MG_2786_zpsfbc7fd5e.jpg******

Brick just killed a guy
                          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                            Yaaaa, you aren't going to sell lacrosse to many in here comparing it to basketball AND soccer.

I don't mind watching lacrosse, honestly. Much better than watching basketball and/or soccer.

I've just heard a lot of people (erroneously) describe it as hockey on a field. The offense, with its sets, cuts and picks is far more similar to basketball imo.

And I don't seek to change minds on here, just saying that it's been a fun sport from a parent's perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                              Since all you lefties are a little slow you had to start this months ahead of time?

Oh, ****...

Comment

Working...
                              X