X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cF[Authentic]
    replied
    Re: The Official 2013 Wildfire Season Thread

We got some helpful weather today including rain for 20 minutes in the afternoon. The Black Forest fire went from 5% to 30% contained. 400 homes completely destroyed with a handful with partial damage.

Incident Command is at one of the high schools in the district I work for so I've had unrestricted access to film a lot of stuff. It's crazy the devastation. The stories of firefighter's ridiculous efforts to save homes are incredible.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied
    Re: The Official 2013 Wildfire Season Thread

I have quite a few friends out that way. This fire is not as close to them as the last outbreak, but man, still worried.

Leave a comment:

• SteveP
    started a topic The Official 2013 Wildfire Season Thread

The Official 2013 Wildfire Season Thread

It's only mid-June, and already the West is on fire. The National Interagency Fire Center map shows the major fires are burning along the Front Range in Colorado and New Mexico.

The fire burning in the Black Forest area northeast of Colorado Springs is now the largest in the state's history and has left two people dead and hundreds homeless.

The news of the deaths puts tragic punctuation on what is now Colorado's most destructive wildfire ever. A Black Forest fire home assessment released at 10:00 p.m. Thursday by El Paso County put the number of homes destroyed since the fire began Tuesday afternoon at 379. Last summer's Waldo Canyon fire — which burned just about a dozen miles southwest of the Black Forest fire — destroyed 347 homes.
    The fire that scorched the Royal Gorge National Park left the park looking like something out of a doomsday movie, but the bridge survived.

*****https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMrblCdCMAA37Gr.jpg******

Many are praying for Colorado. We should all pray for rain, and lots of it.
Working...
X