This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    Bridgestone Arena in Nashville now has yellow ice.
    How or why did Nashville think this was a good idea?
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Re: My Stanley Cup Runneth Over

It's part of Nashville's rebranding efforts to put gold on everything. Plus it got them some headlines.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

The new phone books are here!

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
          It's part of Nashville's rebranding efforts to put gold on everything. Plus it got them some headlines.

Life in a non-traditional market. Gotta do what they gotta do.

Comment

At least they aren't going to play on it.
            St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

I am now a season ticket holder for the New Jersey Devils. 19th row behind the net, on the aisle. Awesome seats. The only games I plan to see are the Bruins and Red Wings games. Things may change as my friend is a Stars and Jets fan, and former STH with the Capitals. She wants to see Seguin again...not sure if to boo him or cheer him...

According to my season ticket agent, I am now the furthest away of any of his customers.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                I am now a season ticket holder for the New Jersey Devils. 19th row behind the net, on the aisle. Awesome seats. The only games I plan to see are the Bruins and Red Wings games. Things may change as my friend is a Stars and Jets fan, and former STH with the Capitals. She wants to see Seguin again...not sure if to boo him or cheer him...

According to my season ticket agent, I am now the furthest away of any of his customers.
                If you only plan to go to a few games, why did you become a season ticket holder?
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Not liking the three games pens play b's are all between oct 30 & Larry Bird's birthday!!
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                    If you only plan to go to a few games, why did you become a season ticket holder?
                    Because I can sell the tickets for 3X what I paid for them on StubHub

There are also nice perks to being a STH that appeal to me. Also, in the unlikely event that the Bruins and Devils meet in the playoffs, I'll already have tickets to the Prudential Center games.

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                      Me and a buddy both got Bucs season tickets for football season, yet I can probably only make 3 games. Planning on doing what Priceless said and selling them for profit and hopefully I'll end up going to the games I can for free.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                        Me and a buddy both got Bucs season tickets for football season, yet I can probably only make 3 games. Planning on doing what Priceless said and selling them for profit and hopefully I'll end up going to the games I can for free.
                        If my sales go according to plan, I can upgrade us to club seats for the Bruins games. STH price is $166/game for those. Center ice, free eats&soft drinks, access to the 2 lounges etc. Plus they should pay for the hotel rooms I'll need. Hell, I expect I'll make enough to fund my trip to the Frozen Four.

My ticket agent also told me there were discounts available for the college hockey showcase they're holding at the Prudential Center, which will include Maine in future seasons.

Comment

Seriously? The Metropolitan Division? It's almost as bad the Legends and Leaders Divisions.
                          Twitter: DanMountSports
                          2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                            Seriously? The Metropolitan Division? It's almost as bad the Legends and Leaders Divisions.
                            Should've just shortened it to the 'Metro Division'.

People need to face that we were never going to get the Patrick, Adams, Smythe, and Norris Divisions back.

If they're going with divisional playoffs for the first two rounds, then I don't like the wildcard thing. There's invariably going to be years where a better 4th place team in a tough division gets screwed by a mediocre 5th place team in a sh*tty division that got 12 pts. from shootout 'wins'.

Comment

• Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                              "The whole arrangement looks great. But those other three divisions need to reconsider their names."

-Jim Delaney
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post

Thought you were kidding. Did they really name it that?

Actually, if they shorten it to Metro Division, as Fade said, it will be a decent name although Columbus, Carolina and Pittsburgh in a "Metro" division is laughable.
                                Last edited by Gurtholfin; 07-20-2013, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X