This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My Stanley Cup Runneth Over

I have no sympathy for the Devils. Does it suck? Yes, but Lou gets out of another crappy contract again.
    Twitter: DanMountSports
    2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Dear Pavel Datsyuk,

Please don't get any ideas. Kovy is really not a good person to follow a path of.

Thanks,
      Red Wings Fans Everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
        Dear Pavel Datsyuk,

Please don't get any ideas. Kovy is really not a good person to follow a path of.

Thanks,
        Red Wings Fans Everywhere.
        IMO, if he was leaving, he wouldn't have signed the extension and the upcoming season would be his farewell tour.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          IMO, if he was leaving, he wouldn't have signed the extension and the upcoming season would be his farewell tour.
          I'd like to think you're right, but if it ends up Kovy can command upwards of $15-20 M over there, as I've seen mentioned, one has to think the idea may creep into his head. That said, I don't see Datsyuk as fitting the stereotypical "selfish Russian" like Kovy does.

Comment

On Friday, the Bruins signed Petrice Bergeron to an eight-year, $52 million extension. The eight-year term, like the one Tuukka Rask signed on July 10, is the maximum to which a team can re-up its own players.

-Boston Globe
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

“[Owners] went back to the players and said ‘We’ll stay and we’ll reengage if you agree to the three things that we say are important to us, which is the term of the CBA, term limits on player contracts, which is the hill we will die on, and the compliance issues,” deputy commissioner Bill Daly told reporters in New York City.

Limiting player contract lengths to five years is now “the hill we will die on” for owners.
              How's that working out for you?

Comment

Like I've said a billion times. The owners cannot control themselves.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  Like I've said a billion times. The owners cannot control themselves.
                  I fear we'll be at another labor impasse sooner rather than later.

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

That's dumb. If you don't want there to be player contracts longer than five years, just don't offer contracts longer than five years. There is absolutely no reason that needs to be in the CBA.
                    Cornell University Men's Hockey
                    NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                    Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                      My homeland doesn't want him back.

Maybe he could hang with Snowden.
                      Can we send him to Mexico instead?
                      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                        Can we send him to Mexico instead?
                        Or get him to say something bad about Allah and send him to Iran. The fun writes itself.

Comment

Just call them the San Jose Snarks.

http://deadspin.com/hey-espn-thought...ghts-756516530

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post

Awesome.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post

Out-effing-standing

Comment

The Blackhawks signed Marcus Kruger to a 2-year deal.

#IKnowOnlyHawksFansCareAboutThisSigning
                                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X