Clear All

Re: My Stanley Cup Runneth Over

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    It was not a pretty sight.
    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      If the rest of the series is like this, I have a feeling we'll be watching plenty of OT and probably a game 7. These sides appear to be about as even as it gets.
      I think Chicago has the better goalie, better finishers, and will win in four or five. The games will be close and contested, but Boston blew a good chance to make it a long hard series.

Comment

And I was at the BU-SLU OT game as well. The Academy Awards were on that night. I figured I would be home in time - it was what, a 2 1/2 hour drive back to Boston? I remember calling my mother around 5pm to put a tape in the VCR to start recording it. Ah, memories...
        VCR?

Comment

Originally posted by sagard View Post
          I think Chicago has the better goalie,
          Disagree here. I think both goalies are both equally excellent. I think Rask has been more solid throughout the playoffs and more of a reason why Boston is in the Final than Crawford is for Chicago.

Originally posted by sagard View Post
          better finishers, and will win in four or five. The games will be close and contested, but Boston blew a good chance to make it a long hard series.
          No argument here.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
            VCR?
            Lost everything from before the operation, eh?

Comment

Biased fan opinion here.

Crawford from what I have seen in the past few years (fantasy team) is not necessarily better than rask. He did play well and have a few good saves in that game and might have even kept them in it. As for the blackhawks, I thought they were all in all the better team. more turnovers, more takeaways, more dynamic east/west offense. Much different team than boston and I can see why they have a whole 7 losses in the RS. Boston had a lot of trouble getting to lose pucks, getting it out of their zone, but did a good job neutralizing the blackhawks neutral zone game.

The key is that IMO the blackhawks seem to overload the puck side, so if you can catch their D pinching, you can create odd man rushes which the bruins did. Fewer turnovers and maybe capitalize on one of these odd man rushes and the bruins can win. More of the same, and this is over in 5.
              "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

-Herodotus

Comment

I think these 4 of 5 games predictions are nuts. #Seven
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                  Bruins are toast, giving away that game kills them
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    I missed the end of the game. I had to call it quits after the first OT. Stupid job.
                    Here too. Did not want to get up at 5 am after multiple OTs. My mom told me SHE stayed up for the entire game.... so I only feel a little like a loser. She doesn't even really like the NHL - but she likes hockey (and she also doesn't have a job).

I was surprised to see the top 5 TV markets for that game were: Chicago, Boston, Providence, Buffalo.... and Milwaukee.

Comment

• Re: My Stanley Cup Runneth Over

I post this realizing that Boston has some pretty horrid fans too, but really?

Comment

There are a-holes in every single city in America. And in the age of social media, they have a forum to be an a-hole and to get everyone to react to them. (LOOK AT ME!!! Attention!! Woo hoo!!) Ignore and move on.
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                          Agreed. Having spent 3.5 years of my life in Grand Forks, I know sandbagging when I see it. This series goes at least six, and I think it goes seven. The teams are too evenly matched.
                          North Dakota
                          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                            Here too. Did not want to get up at 5 am after multiple OTs. My mom told me SHE stayed up for the entire game.... so I only feel a little like a loser. She doesn't even really like the NHL - but she likes hockey (and she also doesn't have a job).

I was surprised to see the top 5 TV markets for that game were: Chicago, Boston, Providence, Buffalo.... and Milwaukee.
                            I'm glad one of you has her priorities straight.

Comment

• Decisions, decisions. Tomorrow is a rare appearance by the US Women's National Team in New England. I can go to that game, but it will mean missing game 2 of the SCF. Maybe a coin flip...

Comment

Yeah, that's a lot uncalled for...
                                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                                Originally posted by Quizmire
                                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X