This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    You mean the player he hasn't been for the past 2 seasons?
    Obligatory Sens fanboi comment about how Cooke bladed Player #65 on purpose.

/not a sens fan and don't think it was intentional.

Comment

• Re: My Stanley Cup Runneth Over

Clutterbuck sigs for 4 years, 11 million on the Island
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post

Considering his history, there is no doubt that if the league thought it was intentional, he would have been suspended.
        That's something the fanboys can't seem to grasp.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post

I'd erect churches in Cooke's honor if he did to Neil.
          Twitter: DanMountSports
          2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            You mean the player he hasn't been for the past 2 seasons?
            Keep telling yourself that when he does something stupid and gets yet another suspension. He's changed, honest!

Time will tell, but I certainly do not believe he has changed. I find his play of the 11-12 season an anomaly and not the rule. And, well, I am suspicious of the Karlsson hit from this past season. Even if not intentional, he still involved is an act that should not have happened.
            Last edited by MattS; 07-09-2013, 01:06 PM.
            My Four Favorite teams:
            RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
            Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MattS View Post
              Keep telling yourself that when he does something stupid and gets yet another suspension. He's changed, honest!
              So 130 games without a major penalty or suspension isn't change? Look, the guy was a goon and that reputation isn't gone. I hated the signing but after listening to his interview on KFAN and looking at the stats since his 2010-11 season its obvious that he realized he needed to change his game and he has. He's had less penalty minutes in the last 2 seasons combined than any of the previous 4 seasons individually.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                So 130 games without a major penalty or suspension isn't change? Look, the guy was a goon and that reputation isn't gone. I hated the signing but after listening to his interview on KFAN and looking at the stats since his 2010-11 season its obvious that he realized he needed to change his game and he has. He's had less penalty minutes in the last 2 seasons combined than any of the previous 4 seasons individually.
                Goon is the wrong word. Cheap shot artist is more applicable. To be a goon you don't turtle when someone wants to fight.

I'm willing to give the guy a chance. It's not like the league does anything to get this crap out of the game. Dustin Brown has flourished and he's as bad now as Matt Cooke ever was.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Your 2013 Hall of Fame class...

Chris Chelios
                  Scott Niedermayer
                  Brendan Shanahan
                  Geraldine Heaney
                  Fred Shero
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MattS View Post
                    Excellent signing. It makes signing Stepan and Hags a little tight on $, but overall a good deal for both the Rangers and MCD.

And I can't wait for Cooke to, well be his normal self, and then watch/read the reactions of the Wild fans.
                    I gotta imagine Stepan is going to command some good $$$ after the season he had....Hagelin shouldn't be worth more than $2 mil in my opinion.
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Yowza!

Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                        Your 2013 Hall of Fame class...

Chris Chelios
                        Scott Niedermayer
                        Brendan Shanahan
                        Geraldine Heaney
                        Fred Shero
                        And Dave Taylor is shut out once again.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          And Dave Taylor is shut out once again.
                          And Pat Burns

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                            And Pat Burns
                            Just one builder a year. TSN reported that it was Freddy or Pat. They chose Freddy. Pat can't be too far out, though I wish they voted him in before he died.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Just one builder a year. TSN reported that it was Freddy or Pat. They chose Freddy. Pat can't be too far out, though I wish they voted him in before he died.
                              I don't know -- it took nearly a quarter century to get the Fog in.

Comment

What? No pics of the latest Stanley Cup fanboy?

*****https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BO0pjdPCcAAu9-W.jpg:large******
                                who let the ****** in the locker room? hey, dumbass, that's a ****ing fine. get off the logo.
                                *****https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BOxebwJCUAA_aC5.jpg:large******

Well done, Chicago.

Comment

Working...
                                X