• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mookie1995
    replied
    Re: My Stanley Cup Runneth Over

Originally posted by jmh View Post
    Sorry to be a party pooper but I don't believe that this is accurate. His bio on the Blackhawks website says he's Northwestern class of '75, nothing about BU.
    http://www.bu.edu/cgs/files/2009/11/...-Fall-2008.pdf

google is your friend

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    Poached from hfboards...

*****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/5e3F3uU_zps8eba5afd.jpg******

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Gurtholfin again.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    Highlight of the rally...

*****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/nhl_a_crawford11_576_zps6ca25543.jpg******

Wonder if Hawks brass will have public speaking reeducation sessions for the boys.
    Looks like they already have. CM Punk does good work...

Leave a comment:

• jmh
    replied

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Hmmmmmm. My friend that posted it works in the Alumni office. I will ask her to clarify.
    Maybe he went to grad school there?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Highlight of the rally...

*****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/nhl_a_crawford11_576_zps6ca25543.jpg******

Wonder if Hawks brass will have public speaking reeducation sessions for the boys.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied

Sorry to be a party pooper but I don't believe that this is accurate. His bio on the Blackhawks website says he's Northwestern class of '75, nothing about BU.
    Hmmmmmm. My friend that posted it works in the Alumni office. I will ask her to clarify.

Leave a comment:

• jmh
    replied

Just saw from a friend on Facebook that Rocky is a BU alum. Good man.

Leave a comment:

• Bomber
    replied
    Just saw from a friend on Facebook that Rocky is a BU alum. Good man.

That was really nice to see and one of the reasons that losing to the Blackhawks didn't hurt as much as it probably would have with another team. I'm sad hockey is over. Why couldn't it have been a best of nine?????
    I had no idea. Class of....?

I watched some of the parade before leaving for vacation. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest when I get home next week.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

Kingsbridge is a rehab of a 180,000 square foot armory with 105,000 square feet on a lower level, dating to 1917. The proposal is to have 9 rinks, a 5,000 seat arena, and a 50,000 square foot community center. If that Blaine complex with 8 rinks has already been surpassed then maybe they're saying the square footage will be the largest? It's just a massive, massive building.
    I just decided to look up the Blaine info after reading your post. Curiosity and all. http://www.nscsports.org/page/show/4...wan-super-rink

The Schwan Super Rink is the largest ice arena of its kind in the world. This state-of-the-art facility features eight sheets of ice under one roof.

The $21 million project totals over 300,000 square feet. Included in the arena is the pleasant, 70 degree Hat Trick Café that overlooks four of the sheets, 32 oversized locker rooms that provide comfortable quarters for all user groups, a pro shop for your ice sport needs, and extensive dryland training facilities for hockey and figure skating.

With the major expansion in 2006, two new dryland training facilities were added to the Schwan Super Rink. The 12,500 square foot Herb Brooks Training Center will teach young players the latest training techniques and offer state-of-the-art weight training and speed and fitness machines. New for the figure skating community will be a 6,200 square foot dryland training center that will provide a conditioning and dance studio, changing area, parent’s viewing area, figure skating store, and offices for coaches.

With all these varied amenities and services, the Schwan Super Rink is absolutely unique in the world of ice sport facilities.

Leave a comment:

• jmh
    replied

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    I'd never heard of this, and now I'm curious what the largest complex currently is. In Blaine, a northern suburb, we have a complex with eight rinks - 6 American standard and 2 Olympic rinks. That must be near the top of the list.
    Kingsbridge is a rehab of a 180,000 square foot armory with 105,000 square feet on a lower level, dating to 1917. The proposal is to have 9 rinks, a 5,000 seat arena, and a 50,000 square foot community center. If that Blaine complex with 8 rinks has already been surpassed then maybe they're saying the square footage will be the largest? It's just a massive, massive building.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Poached from hfboards...

*****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/5e3F3uU_zps8eba5afd.jpg******

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied

This is cool

Just wish I could have been downtown for the parade... Stupid work getting in the way

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Couldn't help but notice that these ladies were on the busses...

It's parade day. GO HAWKS!!!

*****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/blackhawks-ice-crew-girl14_zps0a8bb047.jpg******
    Last edited by Gurtholfin; 06-28-2013, 01:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Watching this parade, it finally hit me that the Hawks are champs again. So, so sweet.

Of all the people I'm happy for (besides myself ), Crawford is at the top of the list. He looks incredibly happy.

Leave a comment:

• ExileOnDaytonStreet
    replied

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    Reason #37 why hockey rules.

Full Page Ad in Today's Boston Globe

*Wipes away tear of pride*
    God dammit, Wirtz, why'd you have to go and do something classy like that? My life gets easier when you and your team are a bunch of jerks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X