• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SteveP
    replied
    Re: My Stanley Cup Runneth Over

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    No less of a reason for the usual Boston smear job when peeps leave town. Amazing how when any player goes he was a problem this and that.
    I guess that some just don't understand that tabloid papers like the Sun & NY Post thrive on sarcasm/satire/humor.

Anyway, Evgeni Nabokov is staying with the Islanders - 1 year, $3.25M

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied
    Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    I get that, but what does this have to do with Toronto? Boston traded him to free up cap space (the off-ice rumors are just that) so it's hardly a reason for Toronto to celebrate.
    No less of a reason for the usual Boston smear job when peeps leave town. Amazing how when any player goes he was a problem this and that.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
    I'm talking about payback for two years of "Thank You Kessel" from the fans and media in Boston.
    I get that, but what does this have to do with Toronto? Boston traded him to free up cap space (the off-ice rumors are just that) so it's hardly a reason for Toronto to celebrate.

Leave a comment:

• SteveP
    replied

Alfie looks like he's heading to Motown

Meanwhile, Grabovski teed off on Randy Carlyle after being bought out by the Maple Leafs.

"I play in the [expletive] Russian KHL, I make lots of [expletive] points and what's going to happen? He make me [expletive] play on the fourth line and he put me in the playoffs on the fourth line and third line again," Grabovski spewed. "Yeah, I don't score goals. I need to work more about that. I know that. But if you feel support from your coach [you'll find success]. I don't feel any support from this [expletive] idiot."

Leave a comment:

• SteveP
    replied

Payback for what? The Bruins gave him an overly generous contract too soon and now Dallas gets to pay it.
    I'm talking about payback for two years of "Thank You Kessel" from the fans and media in Boston.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
    Payback can be a beyotch, can't it?
    Payback for what? The Bruins gave him an overly generous contract too soon and now Dallas gets to pay it.

Leave a comment:

• SteveP
    replied

More class from Toronto

Try as they might, they'll never be as classless as Montreal. They just look desperate trying to compete.
    Payback can be a beyotch, can't it?

Seguin is apparently the second coming of Kane (OK at least he hasn't punched out a cabbie -- yet) and Dougie hasn't been able to crack the lineup (although that is likely to change next season).

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

More class from Toronto

*****https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BOaIBwDCMAAc2-b.jpg:large******

Try as they might, they'll never be as classless as Montreal. They just look desperate trying to compete.
    Last edited by Priceless; 07-05-2013, 06:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MountieBoyOz
    replied

Except it was actually an extension for Claude Giroux, not Briere. Details.
    Make the world a better place, punch a Flyers fan in the face.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Yahoo Sports just tweeted this: AP source: Flyers, Daniel Briere agree to 8-year deal worth in excess of $64M. yhoo.it/1253YcX

Except it was actually an extension for Claude Giroux, not Briere. Details.

Leave a comment:

• First Time, Long Time
    replied

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    Are the usual Boston exit smear stories coming up on Tyler Seguin? You know, partied too much, lazy work ethic, slept during defense meetings.

2nd pick in the draft. Only 21. #GaveUpEarly

I don't know if Boston does these smear stories but I did see this.

http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-tal...y-traded-stars

According to sources around the team, Seguin was out late in Toronto during the road trip to play the Leafs in the first round of the playoffs and the team had to hold a sit-down with the immature forward about his commitment to the team. Seguin showed up each day at the Air Canada Centre wearing the same clothes for three straight days and played badly in Games 3 and 4 of the first round against Toronto.

That incident coupled with stories of Seguin’s late night partying during the regular season prompted Peter Chiarelli to say that “[Seguin] needs to become more of a professional” during a tirade at draft weekend. The Bruins attempted to deal Seguin to the Calgary Flames last weekend, but ultimately Flames ownership squashed any deals for the six-year, $5.75 million contract for Seguin while they go through a full rebuild with inexpensive, youthful players.

All of these questions about Seguin’s off-the-ice attitude and Boston’s tight cap situation prompted them to keep pursuing deals for the talented youngster, and there’s little doubt that Special Assistant to the GM Mark Recchi had prominent involvement in getting his former B’s teammate to Dallas.

Leave a comment:

• Bomber
    replied

Are the usual Boston exit smear stories coming up on Tyler Seguin? You know, partied too much, lazy work ethic, slept during defense meetings.

2nd pick in the draft. Only 21. #GaveUpEarly

Leave a comment:

• Bomber
    replied
    Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Just met Andrew Ference. Nice guy!
    Cool. I wish the Blackhawks would sign him.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied

Just met Andrew Ference. Nice guy!

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    From Ottawa beat writer: Daniel Alfredsson had telephone discussions with Detroit's Ken Holland and Boston's Peter Chiarelli today. Those were the only two teams.
    Meh

Leave a comment:

Working...
X