• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My Stanley Cup Runneth Over

CBC wins again.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
      Watching Boston's defense reminds me of a youth soccer game I witnessed years ago. For some reason, they had an undersized net. When the referee awarded a free kick, the defending coach merely had his players line up in front of the net. there was no way anyone could have squeezed a ball through.
      i think that's the rangers defense you're talking about

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
        What about the fans in LA that beat that guy nearly to death? That has to get them some points
        Haven't Philly fans actually beaten someone to death?

Speaking of LA though...Slava Voynov re-ups with LA for 6 years, $25 million.
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

That could end up being a bargain for LA, the way he played this season. Cap hit over six years is something like $4.117 mil.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
            Haven't Philly fans actually beaten someone to death?
            Like I've said before to people, I wouldn't mind us calibrating our weapons against Philadelphia. Especially during a Flyers game.
            Twitter: DanMountSports
            2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Grand Rapids wins 5-2 to win the Calder Cup 4-2. Pretty strange series as the road team won five of the six games.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                Like I've said before to people, I wouldn't mind us calibrating our weapons against Philadelphia. Especially during a Flyers game.
                But.. but Philly is the exact opposite direction from Ottawa?

Comment

After winning the Calder in his first season as an AHL head coach, I would not expect to see Blashill in the Wings organization much longer.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                    But.. but Philly is the exact opposite direction from Ottawa?
                    It can happen during a Sens-Flyers game.
                    Twitter: DanMountSports
                    2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                      CBC wins again.

Is there a TV production staff in the US doing work this good? The answer is no. Brilliant.

Where's Gurtholfin at!? I need him to talk me off the ledge (Not feeling it). I could also use a hot Hawks Ice Girl picture.

Here's the best description I've heard of what the Bruins are doing to he Blackhawks: They are like a boa constrictor that slowly squeezes the life out of opponents. Yep, that pretty much sums it up. #BruinsAreBeasts
                      It Happened!!!!

Comment

How's this...(did you see my FB post from this morning?)

Game 1 - shown on NBC. On a Wednesday. Loss
                        Game 2 and Game 3 - shown on NBCSN. Not on a Wednesday. Win and win.
                        Game 4 - shown on NBC. On a Wednesday. Result....???

Games 5, 6, 7 - all on NBC. Ima scared.

And, I'm flying to Philly on Sunday and have already mad plans to wathc Game 6 WHICH I NEVER DO. Prove me wrong , Boston. Prove me wrong. I'm sick t my stomach over this.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          How's this...(did you see my FB post from this morning?)

Game 1 - shown on NBC. On a Wednesday. Loss
                          Game 2 and Game 3 - shown on NBCSN. Not on a Wednesday. Win and win.
                          Game 4 - shown on NBC. On a Wednesday. Result....???

Games 5, 6, 7 - all on NBC. Ima scared.

And, I'm flying to Philly on Sunday and have already mad plans to wathc Game 6 WHICH I NEVER DO. Prove me wrong , Boston. Prove me wrong. I'm sick t my stomach over this.
                          Well, while this outcome would disappoint me, Bomber, and Gurt, I had called Boston in 6 before the start of the series, and I had also called Mickelson to finish 2nd in the US Open on the Thursday afternoon of the start of that tournament. If the latter prescience is any foreshadowing of the former's pending accuracy you could find some comfort there perhaps.
                          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                            Where's Gurtholfin at!? I need him to talk me off the ledge (Not feeling it). I could also use a hot Hawks Ice Girl picture.
                            \

No picture today. Gotta change things up.

Will this help?

Line one tonight is 29-19-88.

Also Hossa is "likely."

Certainly improved my mood. At least we're taking our best shot.

This ain't over yet. Tonight's a must win.

Unless we lose.

I believe in these guys. Let's go!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                              No picture today. Gotta change things up.

Will this help?

Line one tonight is 29-19-88.

Also Hossa is "likely."

Certainly improved my mood. At least we're taking our best shot.

This ain't over yet. Tonight's a must win.

Unless we lose.

I believe in these guys. Let's go!
                              The dueling sandbagging here is funny.

OK, I was too lazy to go check the previous thread when Game 1 started but I cannot recall if you posted a Hawks girl phoot. I know you did for games 2 and 3 and the Bruins won. If you didn't for Game 1 and Chicago won that......now I'm really worried.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                The dueling sandbagging here is funny.

OK, I was too lazy to go check the previous thread when Game 1 started but I cannot recall if you posted a Hawks girl phoot. I know you did for games 2 and 3 and the Bruins won. If you didn't for Game 1 and Chicago won that......now I'm really worried.

The girl photos started in the Kings series and I thought I had to continue for mojo.

Mojo is gone though.

To be honest, it had run its course anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X