X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice planet 4: Take 2. Action!

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
    No wonder people have such a negative attitude towards law enforcement. They give good, honest cops a bad name. My uncle is a small town cop and he'd never let something like this happen.
    Even in a worst case scenario: The vet had no relevant ID, the vet had a bad attitude,the dog wasn't wearing the saddle blanket thing that says "service dog," whatever. It's hard to figure out what justification the cop had for being such a jerk. Other than he's a jerk.
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      It's funny that you're constantly railing on people for use of tu quoque all the while basing most of your inane babble around the same type of points.
      That's simply not true. The product, no doubt, of you needing something relevant to say. Keep trying.

I was pointing out a dual standard. When "The One" talks about "57 states," for instance, it can't be because he's stupid. It has to be something else. A similar mistake by you-know-who would be trumpeted as another example of how stupid he is by the same people who still think Kerry was smarter, even though his SAT scores and grades at Yale weren't as good. I attribute these "gaffes to brain f*rts, of no consequence and certainly not a reliable metric of "smart". All I require is applying just one standard.

*******s are too wrapped up in this "smart" "stupid" business anyway . Carter, Dukakis, Mondale, Kerry, etc. were all "smart". How did that work out?
      Last edited by Old Pio; 08-12-2013, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
        Just so we're clear on what was going on. Probably not as bad as some of the stuff you've heard about Eddie Vedder or Ted Nugent doing during concerts, but it's certainly at least skirting the line of bad taste.
        I think it was definitely bad taste, although perhaps not for the same reason as you. And if I were in charge of that rodeo I'd put a stop to it. Then again, these are "rodeo clowns," not even real clowns. Their function is only peripherally involved with humor.

POTUS deserves respect, no matter who is filling the office. I've written before, critical of vets who disrupted some Clinton Memorial Day type events because they were sore about his conspicuous draft dodging, and the customary lying. And even though I agreed with them in principle, their method of showing contempt for Clinton wound up showing contempt also for the vets he was honoring. Time and place for everything.
        Last edited by Old Pio; 08-12-2013, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
          Time and place for everything.
          People sadly forget this. I'll add a personal story to this. My father was a small town councilman where I'm from and there was some debate on sort of issue about adding a town water line. I was being inducted into the National Honor Society that day, and I was all nervous. Some person that was on the other side of the issue went up to my father as the new inductees were getting well wishes and started accosting him. My father said, "Not the time and place. You can disagree with me later, but right now I'm for my son and his big day. Do me a favor and shut up."

You can be mad. You can disagree on stuff, but there are times when it's completely inappropriate.
          Twitter: DanMountSports
          2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

That's simply not true.
            Okay, I'm convinced.

*******s are too wrapped up in this "smart" "stupid" business anyway.
            I'm more wrapped up in the "Dear God, how can those people (yes, those people) be from the same planet (forget country) as me?"

Just sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
              People sadly forget this. I'll add a personal story to this. My father was a small town councilman where I'm from and there was some debate on sort of issue about adding a town water line. I was being inducted into the National Honor Society that day, and I was all nervous. Some person that was on the other side of the issue went up to my father as the new inductees were getting well wishes and started accosting him. My father said, "Not the time and place. You can disagree with me later, but right now I'm for my son and his big day. Do me a favor and shut up."

You can be mad. You can disagree on stuff, but there are times when it's completely inappropriate.
              Good for your dad. Over the years I've learned that every city or town has at least one "professional" city council attendee. When I worked in Omaha, there was some clown who showed up at every city council meeting, sat where he could be seen on TV throughout and who spoke on every topic. However, on one sublime day, cops came to the meeting and dragged him out. They had a warrant for unpaid child support. As he was literally being dragged from the chamber, he protested: "I'm in session." Sorry Charlie.

The dark heart of the anti-war movement (any war) is their presumption of the moral high ground. Which, they think, renders them immune to ordinary concerns. Not all forums are open. There are places and times where you have to check your gd First Amendment rights at the door. Like the time at CU anti-war types literally tore up Mackey Auditorium because they didn't like what Sen. Sam Hayakawa had to say. They drove him from the stage. He wasn't able to speak. Thus taking a page from the SA: they'd break up your meeting and crack your skull if you opened your mouth while Adolph was speaking.

Remember the film Last Temptation of Christ? It upset lots of social conservatives. They proposed picketing outside of theatres, etc. That's fine. But some also wanted the film kept out of theatres, thus censoring it. That's where I draw the line. I can make the decision of which movies to see without your help, thank you very much.
              Last edited by Old Pio; 08-12-2013, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                Okay, I'm convinced.

I'm more wrapped up in the "Dear God, how can those people (yes, those people) be from the same planet (forget country) as me?"

Just sayin'
                Maxine Waters and Sheila Jackson Lee (just to name two) would agree. There are lots of real dumb johns out there. What's intellectually dishonest is to suggest they all (or even most) come from the same part of the ideological spectrum. I believe stupidity is pretty evenly distributed.

Comment

Somebody check with Elias: 6 shot in one hour in Chicago

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,6212875.story
                  Last edited by Old Pio; 08-12-2013, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                    There are too many similar stories these days -- stories that make me embarrassed to have spent 21 years as a cop.
                    In a related matter, it seems certain extremely selfish people in NYC (New York, how could that be?!!!) are claiming their pets are service dogs, complete with phony livery, just to get the mutts into upscale eateries. G*d some people are such schmucks.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/t...XjSAbkkCYu97NI

In no way am I trying to let Wildwood's Barney Fife off the hook here.

Comment

In a related matter, it seems certain extremely selfish people in NYC (New York, how could that be?!!!) are claiming their pets are service dogs, complete with phony livery, just to get the mutts into upscale eateries. G*d some people are such schmucks.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/t...XjSAbkkCYu97NI

In no way am I trying to let Wildwood's Barney Fife off the hook here.
                      Yeah, its one thing if your dog is well behaved, not bothering anybody, and appears trained, but if you got a big dog that's just looking around at everybody with the face that says, "I want a sammich!" that's just BS.

Next poster better have a good suggestion for the next thread title.
                      Last edited by bigmrg74; 08-13-2013, 01:07 AM.
                      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                        Yeah, its one thing if your dog is well behaved, not bothering anybody, and appears trained, but if you got a big dog that's just looking around at everybody with the face that says, "I want a sammich!" that's just BS.

Next poster better have a good suggestion for the next thread title.
                        MAKE ME A SAMMICH!!! B*tch!
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Working...
                        X