X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice planet 4: Take 2. Action!

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Just so we're clear on what was going on. Probably not as bad as some of the stuff you've heard about Eddie Vedder or Ted Nugent doing during concerts, but it's certainly at least skirting the line of bad taste.

No doubt, but look at where it was. The fact that the crowd ate it up tells you all you need to know.

Red meat for the ignorant rabble.

Let them wallow in their own stupidity.

Imagine living in a place like that... although you're in the Milwaukee suburbs.

At least your conservatives are educated.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      No doubt, but look at where it was. The fact that the crowd ate it up tells you all you need to know.

Red meat for the ignorant rabble.

Let them wallow in their own stupidity.

Imagine living in a place like that... although you're in the Milwaukee suburbs.

Yeah, but even educated conservatives say stupid things. Just the other day our beloved governor said he wanted to blow up the Portland Press Herald building,

Comment

8 shot overnight in Chicago, including a 4-year old girl.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,5753473.story
        2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
          Yeah, but even educated conservatives say stupid things. Just the other day our beloved governor said he wanted to blow up the Portland Press Herald building,
          Yet when "The One" stupidly puts 3 Atlantic coast cities in the Gulf of Mexico, you're mute. Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
            Yet when "The One" stupidly puts 3 Atlantic coast cities in the Gulf of Mexico, you're mute. Go figure.

It's funny that you're constantly railing on people for use of tu quoque all the while basing most of your inane babble around the same type of points.

Comment

It's funny that you're constantly railing on people for use of tu quoque all the while basing most of your inane babble around the same type of points.
              Tu quoque!

Comment

Actually, I'm in Green Bay now.

[Wisconsin Politics]
                Our conservatives up here aren't necessarily that well educated, but to their credit they're considerably less prone to the rhetorical bull**** and demagoguery that keeps Jim Sensenbrenner in office.

The liberals are better up here, too. More likely to know how to balance a checkbook... although it doesn't take much to meet that criteria compared to their Milwaukee and Madison counterparts.
                [/Wisconsin Politics]
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Disabled veteran kicked off boardwalk because of service dog

NORTH WILDWOOD - A disabled U.S. Army veteran, who served our country for 19 years, says he was kicked off the North Wildwood boardwalk last night, simply for having his service dog by his side.

Jared Goering served 1 tour in Iraq, 2 in Afghanistan, and spent 19 years as an active member of the Army. Jared said, "I served from 1993 to 2012." He then told NBC40 he couldn't sleep Thursday night because he felt so disrespected by a North Wildwood police officer.

Goering said, "Just like any veteran with disabilities with a service dog, to come back and be harassed and shown no respect, it upset me - it really bothered me. I was up most of the night thinking about it."

A North Wildwood police officer issued Jared and his wife a summons because of the dog. Goering said, “I expected to get more respect from him because of the jobs that we both have to do."

"He mockingly asked if all veterans get service dogs," said Jared’s wife, Sally Goering, “his dog is medically necessary and he is a service dog."

In 2009, Jared was serving in Afghanistan when his vehicle was blown up by IEDs, twice, within 36 hours. Now, Jared uses his 3-year-old service dog, Gator, short for Navigator, to help him walk, and to get up and down stairs.

Comment

That is simply disgusting behavior by that police officer. A veteran with a service dog and you're giving him ****? Sounds like the police in that city don't have enough to do, they should probably downsize, and I know exactly where to start.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      You can go through much of American history to find some pretty repugnant things said about every president we've ever had, and most every other office that's higher than the local levels. I remember in reading in college a report of a Georgian gubernatorial race where one candidate beat the other by exclaiming his opponent's daughter was a thespian, playing on the ignorance of the audience and intentionally confusing it with the term lesbian. By all accounts, things used to be dirtier because, in large part, they weren't as widely publicized.
                      That was George Smathers, from Florida, who made the thespian comment.
                      Originally posted by mookie1995
                      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                        That was George Smathers, from Florida, who made the thespian comment.
                        Well, in a couple months it'll have been 18 years since I read that. At least I was in the right region. And it seems to me more like a Georgia thing to do.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Wildwood has always sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            That is simply disgusting behavior by that police officer. A veteran with a service dog and you're giving him ****? Sounds like the police in that city don't have enough to do, they should probably downsize, and I know exactly where to start.
                            There are too many similar stories these days -- stories that make me embarrassed to have spent 21 years as a cop.
                            Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                              There are too many similar stories these days -- stories that make me embarrassed to have spent 21 years as a cop.

That selection process needs some tweaking.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                                No wonder people have such a negative attitude towards law enforcement. They give good, honest cops a bad name. My uncle is a small town cop and he'd never let something like this happen.
                                Twitter: DanMountSports
                                2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Working...
                                X