This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice planet 4: Take 2. Action!

Woman falls 17 stories to her death. AP implies smoking caused death?????http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor...ing_of_it.html
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Woman falls 17 stories to her death. AP implies smoking caused death?????http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor...ing_of_it.html
      Inviting a date up to her apartment and smoking? She's probably burning in hell by now, as far as the writer is apparently concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
        For you apparently the Duke case will forever mean every college student that cries rape is lying, deserved it or should have expected it.
        [points and laughs, Nelson style] Look, Priceless thinks the Duke case had anything to do with rape. How could she have "deserved" or "expected" something that didn't even happen?

What would satisfy you? If Yale locked those offenders in their own personal dungeon? Personally, I'm glad there are several dozen laws against such a thing.
        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
          [points and laughs, Nelson style] Look, Priceless thinks the Duke case had anything to do with rape. How could she have "deserved" or "expected" something that didn't even happen?

What would satisfy you? If Yale locked those offenders in their own personal dungeon? Personally, I'm glad there are several dozen laws against such a thing.
          They could have expelled them, but that probably would have ruined their future and robbed us of the 50th president or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
            Your assumptions about my "life experiences" (about which you know squat) evidently mean I'm not qualified to disagree with you.
            I guess this is just one more example of a situation where we'll never see eye to eye.
            Maybe my words were in German or something.

Comment

Maybe my words were in German or something.
              No. Self-righteous gibberish. Maybe if you handed down your opinions on stone tablets the hoi polloi would recognize your superior "life experiences."
              Last edited by Old Pio; 08-03-2013, 10:00 PM.
              2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Thugs managed to let a 6-year old survive. He's the 6th child under the age of 8 shot just since the end of June.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,5313837.story

Comment

No. Self-righteous gibberish. Maybe if you handed down your opinions on stone tablets the hoi polloi would recognize your superior "life experiences."
                  It's truly amazing what you choose to be offended by.

Comment

It's truly amazing what you choose to be offended by.
                    I doubt I'm the only one here weary of your pompous jacka*sery.

First it was "double secret probation." Now it's "double secret life experiences" which you're too modest to mention, but not too modest to claim give you insight which the rest of us lack. My suggestion: either shut up about you're GD "life experiences," or reveal them so we can bask in your greatness.
                    Last edited by Old Pio; 08-04-2013, 12:08 AM.

Comment

I doubt I'm the only one here weary of your pompous jacka*sery.

First it was "double secret probation." Now it's "double secret life experiences" which you're too modest to mention, but not too modest to claim give you insight which the rest of us lack. My suggestion: either shut up about you're GD "life experiences," or reveal them so we can bask in your greatness.
                      I said we'd had different life experiences and you've turned it into a casus belli. Here's a clue: "Different" does not mean the same as "better." Get over yourself, climb down off that cross and give Bob back his crown of thorns.

Comment

Anybody up for just pushing these two into the Thunderdome? Have em either fight to the death or just get the rulers out so they can measure themselves and be don with it??
                        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                          Anybody up for just pushing these two into the Thunderdome? Have em either fight to the death or just get the rulers out so they can measure themselves and be don with it??
                          I think its kind of funny
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I skip over it.

It's painful enough to see the pomposity on display in my own posts, much less what those two jerks put out there.
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                              How entertaining would it really be to watch a cripple fight an 80-year old man in the Thunderdome?

Comment

How entertaining would it really be to watch a cripple fight an 80-year old man in the Thunderdome?
                                Very entertaining.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X