X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice planet 4: Take 2. Action!

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
    According to the latest Conde' Nast Traveler Reader's Choice Survey, .

I think "despite" is not quite the right word choice here....
    I don't know. Yale seems pretty friendly.

Update: The UWC found sufficient evidence that the respondent engaged in certain conduct of a sexual nature that was nonconsensual. In addition, the UWC found that the respondent violated the Yale College Code of General Conduct. The respondent was given a two-semester suspension, was placed on probation for the remainder of his time at the University, was restricted from contacting the complainant, and was encouraged to continue counseling for alcohol abuse, appropriate sexual behavior and the respectful treatment of others.
    A YC student reported that a male YC student had nonconsensual sex with her.
    Update: The complainant filed a formal complaint with the UWC alleging that the respondent, in the context of an intimate relationship, engaged in certain nonconsensual acts during otherwise consensual sexual activity. The UWC found sufficient evidence to support the allegations. The respondent was placed on probation for the remainder of his time at the University and a number of measures were taken to restrict him from contacting the complainant.
    A YC student reported that a male YC student had nonconsensual sex with her.
    Update: The complainant filed a formal complaint with the UWC alleging that the respondent, in the context of an intimate relationship, engaged in certain nonconsensual acts during otherwise consensual sexual activity. The UWC found sufficient evidence to support the allegations. The respondent was given a written reprimand, was restricted from contacting the complainant, was required to attend gender sensitivity training, and was encouraged to seek counseling.
    A YC student brought a formal complaint to the UWC charging that two YC students had engaged in nonconsensual sex with her. The UWC found a violation of the University’s sexual misconduct policy. Written reprimands were issued to the respondents and measures were taken to limit contact between the parties.
    A YC student sought resolution of an informal complaint alleging that a male YC student had unwanted sexual contact with her. The Chair of the UWC and an administrator of the College spoke with the respondent, who apologized for the conduct, and they counseled him on appropriate conduct.
    Rape someone and you just have to apologize? I can't imagine a punishment more lenient.

A YC student sought resolution of an informal complaint alleging that a male YC student had nonconsensual sex with her. The Chair of the UWC and a YC administrator counseled the respondent on appropriate conduct.
    A YC student reported that a male YC student had nonconsensual sex with her. The Title IX Coordinator and the Chair of the UWC informed the complainant about the options for formal and informal resolution and she declined to pursue the matter at this time. Nonetheless, the Title IX Coordinator met with the respondent and counseled him on appropriate conduct.
    Update: The complainant subsequently filed a formal complaint with the UWC. The UWC found sufficient evidence to support the allegation. The respondent was given a written reprimand.
    I stand corrected.

Yale seems like a safe campus.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      I am neither a resident nor a citizen of Seattle, but I assume if I visit I'll be afforded protection by the police and a ride in an ambulance if needed? What about roads? Are those for residents only, or can I use them too?
      Only if you complete the paperwork (without using any banned words).
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

I don't know. Yale seems pretty friendly.

Rape someone and you just have to apologize? I can't imagine a punishment more lenient.

I stand corrected.

Yale seems like a safe campus.
        Rape is a crime no? So why aren't the police mentioned in any of these "rape" cases? On the other hand, there's probably a backlog of applications for the campus cunnilingus cops.
        Last edited by Old Pio; 08-02-2013, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
          Rape is a crime no? So why aren't the police mentioned in any of these "rape" cases? On the other hand, there's probably a backlog of applications for the campus cunnilingus cops.
          The Title IX report doesn't say what cases were turned over to the police. However, there is nothing in the police reports (which appear later in the document) to indicate that any of these cases were turned over to them. I would think if the victim filed a report with the school they would also file a report with the police. That might not appear in this report. It is odd, though, that in every case where there was evidence sufficient of "nonconsensual sex" (also known as rape) the worst punishment that was handed out was suspension (a whole year!!) while some got off with a reprimand. I wonder how many of those rapists are a future president or senator. It is Yale, after all.

Comment

The Title IX report doesn't say what cases were turned over to the police. However, there is nothing in the police reports (which appear later in the document) to indicate that any of these cases were turned over to them. I would think if the victim filed a report with the school they would also file a report with the police. That might not appear in this report. It is odd, though, that in every case where there was evidence sufficient of "nonconsensual sex" (also known as rape) the worst punishment that was handed out was suspension (a whole year!!) while some got off with a reprimand. I wonder how many of those rapists are a future president or senator. It is Yale, after all.
            If I'm the victim of a felony, I'm d*mned sure not going to take my "case" to some jumped up phony campus review board. It's not directly analogous, of course, but letting the church "handle" sexually abusing priests didn't work out too well. Notwithstanding (you should pardon the expression) the heavy breathing, these aren't rapes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
              If I'm the victim of a felony, I'm d*mned sure not going to take my "case" to some jumped up phony campus review board. It's not directly analogous, of course, but letting the church "handle" sexually abusing priests didn't work out too well. Notwithstanding (you should pardon the expression) the heavy breathing, these aren't rapes.
              Rape/sexual assault is not like any other felony. It isn't like getting robbed or something. A woman (or man) who has been raped faces a level of shame and violation far beyond any typical crime. Assuming they have the courage (and state of mind) to report the crime, they then have to withstand the hostility of cops, co-workers etc who have the insane attitude that they deserved it, were wearing the "wrong" clothes or should have expected it. Sound familiar?

I don't expect you to understand. We have vastly different life experiences.

Comment

Rape/sexual assault is not like any other felony. It isn't like getting robbed or something. A woman (or man) who has been raped faces a level of shame and violation far beyond any typical crime. Assuming they have the courage (and state of mind) to report the crime, they then have to withstand the hostility of cops, co-workers etc who have the insane attitude that they deserved it, were wearing the "wrong" clothes or should have expected it. Sound familiar?

I don't expect you to understand. We have vastly different life experiences.
                This must be in competition for the "most questions begged in one post" prize. Especially that nonsense about enduring "hostility" from cops. This is first cousin to the "forever Selma" mindset that also infects the American left. So these campus "rape" victims go to halfa*s campus counselors with their reports. And you don't like it that their "rapists" don't get sent to prison. Even accused campus "rapists" are entitled to due process (unless, of course, they play lacrosse for Duke). So you and the rest of the feminist whiners are going to have to make up your minds: either go through the legal process, which may involve some embarrassment, or take what extra-legal campus bodies offer in the way of punishment (which you deem insufficient). You simply can't have it both ways.

What sounds familiar is constantly repeating your favorite prejudices, buttressed by your "expert" status at having once served on a rape jury (plus unexplained "life experiences" which also render your opinions correct). If you want to call college guys in ambiguous amorous situations "rapists" knock yourself out. But in point of fact they aren't rapists 'till a jury says they are. And that's what sticks in your craw isn't it? You and the rest of the "ladies" just can't hand out summary prison sentences to guys who obviously "deserve" it.
                Last edited by Old Pio; 08-02-2013, 08:31 PM.

Comment

I don't expect you to understand. I'm soooooo much smarter and more educated than you.
                  Bold part translated from East Coastian to Redneck.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Bold part translated from East Coastian to Redneck.
                    Not while I'm having milk and cookies, please. Got that sh*t all over my shirt.

Comment

"I was aiming at some other dude when I hit the 4-year old girl" doesn't hardly cut it as an excuse, does it?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,4492853.story

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                        Not while I'm having milk and cookies, please. Got that sh*t all over my shirt.
                        If there's one thing that annoys me as much as a "holier than thou" social conservative, it might very well be the social liberal and their humanist/"intellectualist" equivalent. Both of these types like to think they wear a blazing halo like the kind that used to be illustrated in my "Book of the Saints" as a kid (raised Catholic).

Everyone's sh-...er, crap stinks. Don't go pretending you're better, because we all suck somehow.

Comment

If there's one thing that annoys me as much as a "holier than thou" social conservative, it might very well be the social liberal and their humanist/"intellectualist" equivalent. Both of these types like to think they wear a blazing halo like the kind that used to be illustrated in my "Book of the Saints" as a kid (raised Catholic).

Everyone's sh-...er, crap stinks. Don't go pretending you're better, because we all suck somehow.
                          *****http://valeriewaters.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/youre-not-your-job1.jpg******.
                          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

I hope you're not including me among "social conservatives."

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                              I hope you're not including me among "social conservatives."
                              I'm thinking more along the lines of Bob Gray, who seems to jam a crown of thorns on his head and spread his arms into a crucified Jesus caricature with every post.

Comment

I'm thinking more along the lines of Bob Gray, who seems to jam a crown of thorns on his head and spread his arms into a crucified Jesus caricature with every post.
                                You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to FadeToBlack&Gold again.

Comment

Working...
                                X