Marathon Killers Apprehended: the Aftermath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marathon Killers Apprehended: the Aftermath

Most Americans are probably proud about the unity and resilience upon display in Boston this past week.

Among many notable events, several stand out for me:
    > the extraordinary level of cooperation and coordination among all different jurisdictions
    > the determination and scope of the response
    > the courage and fortitude of everyday people whose valor contributed to this outcome.
    > the pluck and maturity of the people of Boston and environs to recognize what was at stake and cooperate so thoroughly

A great sense of satisfaction all around for a satisfying sense of closure.

and also, a start of the next rounds of discussion as well......
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Re: Marathon Killers Apprehended: the Aftermath

Gonna be fascinating to find out what was the motive for all of this.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Subscribed
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

couple of random things from today... the older bomber was on a boxing team that travelled to utah, the head coach of that team lives at the end of my street. the coach's father in law lives directly across the street from me...

the fbi special agent in charge is a 1982 graduate of assumption college in worcester, where i graduated from in '98

Comment

I found out an old college friend lived next to the guy. Small world I guess.
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

If Horatio from CSI: Miami were there... "Well, Frank. It seems our bomber couldn't answer the bell."

Twitter: DanMountSports
            2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

I saw this one a few days ago and your post reminded me of it:

*****http://i.qkme.me/3tzn35.jpg******
              Code:

Comment

*****https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/531863_10151555368517432_1779332310_n.jpg******.
                And I expect somebody to rep me his full name.
                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                  Most Americans are probably proud about the unity and resilience upon display in Boston this past week.

Among many notable events, several stand out for me:
                  > the extraordinary level of cooperation and coordination among all different jurisdictions
                  > the determination and scope of the response
                  > the courage and fortitude of everyday people whose valor contributed to this outcome.
                  > the pluck and maturity of the people of Boston and environs to recognize what was at stake and cooperate so thoroughly

A great sense of satisfaction all around for a satisfying sense of closure.

and also, a start of the next rounds of discussion as well......
                  All true. And we could also say the same things about the folks in West, TX.
                  2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

I just have a gut feeling that this is not over.. Seeing people celebrating in the streets was kinda odd for me.

Comment

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
                      I just have a gut feeling that this is not over.
                      Agree. I don't think they acted alone. Betting the trail can be followed ...

Comment

Was the original Marathon thread the fastest to 1,000?
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I heard the older brother left the US for more than 6 months last year, doesn't that render your Visa invalid? You have to spend more time here(in the US) than anywhere else or they take away your right to be here? Does anyone know how that works?
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Big thanks to those who gave the story bit by bit in the other thread. Wish I could have been watching a TV to watch it unfold but between here and twitter it gave me a pretty good idea what was going on. Glad they got him alive and without further harm to life.

Comment

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
                              Seeing people celebrating in the streets was kinda odd for me.
                              Locked down in their homes for 19+ hours. No subway system, no taxi's, no buses. The city was in lock down.
                              Dam straight they partied.

I think this is over in Boston for the immediate future. Law enforcement has collected information on these guys from everywhere they lived, had contacts, etc.. Anyone else connected with them... law enforcement will be on them like stink on pooh.
                              That being said, we should all remain aware of our surroundings at all times.
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Working...
                              X