Texas Fertilizer Plant Explodes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Fertilizer Plant Explodes

No way anybody survived that. Caution: loud as hell.
    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Re: Texas Fertilizer Plant Explodes

Wonder how far away they was when they was watching that when it went BOOM on them.
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Well, it looks like...

( •_•)
      ( •_•)>⌐■-■
      (⌐■_■)

...the **** just hit the fan.
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Am I the only one to be impressed with the speed and comprehensiveness of the response to this accident? We're talking about a town of only 2,500. With a volunteer fire department (some of whom lost their lives in the explosion). And volunteer EMS (we don't yet know if any of them lost their lives). Yet those folks were quickly and professionally augmented by professionals from as far away as Dallas. That kind of response doesn't just happen. It can only be the product of planning. Planning which was undoubtedly accelerated after 9/11. None of the local officials we've seen on TV in any way match the stereotypes of "you're in a heap of trouble, boy" type good old boys. I suspect since 9/11 we've seen an enormous increase in the competence of these services all over the country. And we only notice it when a massive event occurs. Well done.

I worked some of the neighborhoods around OkC (Moore, Dell City) after that massive, killer tornado in May of '99. Apart from the scorching, the damage here looks quite similar. Frightful. Incomprehensible.
        Last edited by Old Pio; 04-18-2013, 09:40 PM.
        2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Working...
        X