Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is an intentional blockage inside an arena reportable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is an intentional blockage inside an arena reportable?

Alright, I'm ****ed about this one.

In the 2nd intermission of tonight's final the *******s with the NCAA decided to block off a major exit for those in Sections 220-222 for the purpose of recording interviews. This forced a large crowd to exit via the club area.

So, does this constitute a hazard, and if so, whom can I notify.

To be honest, I believe we should have every right to use an exit barring some form of emergency. The fact that ESPN or the NCAA wants a nice TV shot does not count. I do want to get them in trouble for this with some form of authority. The way that arena is structured what they did was create a hazard.

I'm sorry, some TV ambiance is not worth the safety of those attending an event for which we paid $200 for. Frankly, if I was OK with being arrested I would have walked right through that group and their (explitive deleted) interview. That type of *******ry needs to be punished.

I should not be denied a means of egress for the vanity of a television network
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Re: Is an intentional blockage inside an arena reportable?

You would have to check with the fire marshal or the building inspectors. Otherwise, barring something like an ADA violation, it's generally not illegal just to create an inconvenience.
    Last edited by unofan; 04-14-2013, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Considering it was a temporary blockage, and in the unlikely event of a real emergency the interview crew would have cut the interview short and allowed people to exit (or at least I'd assume they weren't like the orchestra on the Titanic), I'd say no. Arenas do it all the time.

Comment

I think all this really means is one of two things should have happened last night. 1) You should have had more to drink Saturday night to dislodge the stick up your butt. Or 2) You shouldn't have drank so much that it turned you into an a**hole and you forgot to enjoy what was about 45 minutes of good, close and exciting hockey.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          I think all this really means is one of two things should have happened last night. 1) You should have had more to drink Saturday night to dislodge the stick up your butt. Or 2) You shouldn't have drank so much that it turned you into an a**hole and you forgot to enjoy what was about 45 minutes of good, close and exciting hockey.

I watched then **** game... I didn't spend the third huffing into a bag over this... I walked the concourse, got a program and a shirt, got a mini-blizzard, and went back to the game and chatted with fellow lowell fans... After that I had a great time post game (w/ Craig P., Alton, and Annette and the Yale father/son pair and so on) and stayed at the hotel bar chatting until the cops prodded us out.

That being said, i can deal with multiple things. To me this was an unnecessary hazard which led to a large clog and a glut of people through a singular choke point. I do not see why this is not complaint worthy nor why such action should be considered acceptable.
          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
          Skating Friar Jersey
          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
            That being said, i can deal with multiple things. To me this was an unnecessary hazard which led to a large clog and a glut of people through a singular choke point. I do not see why this is not complaint worthy nor why such action should be considered acceptable.
            Complain to people who can actually do something about this. None of us can, which in my book makes this little better than whining.

The arena would not have let ESPN do that unless it was allowable so I suspect that any compliant will likely be ignored. It may have created an inconnivence, but that does not take it up to the level of a hazard.

Comment

Pat, I'm sorry Lowell lost.
              bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
              SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
              All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
              A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Working...
              X