X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Just what IS "marriage" anyway?

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Yes, let's go back to banning interracial marriage.
    I do not support your idea.
    Originally posted by Priceless
    Good to see you're so reasonable.
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
    Very well, said.
    Originally posted by Rover
    A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
      I, for one, support the article and its plan to have all of the ugly people in one large polyamorous relationship where they will not interfere with us Adonises (Adonii?).

Good thought, but true Adonii know without asking. Sorry to be the one to have to tell you, FR. Perhaps you should give the lady a call.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
        I do not support your idea.
        What's the difference?
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
          I'm in favor as long as it's multiple women and one dude - just like you see in nature.

Otherwise, it's unnatural.
          You know, cats are not like that.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
            Shouldn't we all care about civil rights? Or do we only care about the civil rights of some people?
            Who's civil rights are being violated here, exactly?
            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
              The right to marry multiple partners??????
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                The right to marry multiple partners??????
                Show me one person who thinks that is a civil right. And no, conservatives using it as a strawman don't count.

Comment

Show me one person who thinks that is a civil right. And no, conservatives using it as a strawman don't count.
                  I agree, but its amazing these days what is now considered a "right".

Is it the sentiment of this House that polymory is OK if three (or more) people love each other?
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Ask all the folks around here who have been trumpeting civil rights for years. It's rife through this thread and others.
                    Originally posted by Priceless
                    Good to see you're so reasonable.
                    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                    Very well, said.
                    Originally posted by Rover
                    A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

I agree, but its amazing these days what is now considered a "right".

Is it the sentiment of this House that polymory is OK if three (or more) people love each other?
                      Depends on your definition of "OK." Morally? Totally fine with it. Religiously? Well, I don't believe in anything supernatural, benign or otherwise, so I am not qualified to have an opinion there. Legally? I don't think 3 or more adults sharing a residence should be against the law (as in, they shouldn't be arrested for it). Civilly? Well, here's where it gets trickier, obviously. Does/should the 3rd adult have any priveleges (e.g. access to medical records) or responsbilities (e.g. paying child support) normally associated with a civil marriage? I think it's quite obvious that the "3rd man in" so to speak does not have any of those rights or responsibilities today - the 3rd person is just a mistress/mister who happens to share the residence. I'm 100% fine with maintaining this status quo indefinitely. If a couple decides to pick up a little something extra on the side, they do so knowing that there will be no responsibilities or priveleges enforceable by law with respect to the 3rd person.

Comment

Depends on your definition of "OK." Morally? Totally fine with it. Religiously? Well, I don't believe in anything supernatural, benign or otherwise, so I am not qualified to have an opinion there. Legally? I don't think 3 or more adults sharing a residence should be against the law (as in, they shouldn't be arrested for it). Civilly? Well, here's where it gets trickier, obviously. Does/should the 3rd adult have any priveleges (e.g. access to medical records) or responsbilities (e.g. paying child support) normally associated with a civil marriage? I think it's quite obvious that the "3rd man in" so to speak does not have any of those rights or responsibilities today - the 3rd person is just a mistress/mister who happens to share the residence. I'm 100% fine with maintaining this status quo indefinitely. If a couple decides to pick up a little something extra on the side, they do so knowing that there will be no responsibilities or priveleges enforceable by law with respect to the 3rd person.
                        Pretty much sums it up for me....

Comment

Inheritance Laws? Though a Last Will & Testament should take care of that. Intestate would be a different animal.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Inheritance Laws? Though a Last Will & Testament should take care of that. Intestate would be a different animal.
                            Not really any different from any other unmarried person with no legal descendents who dies without a will. My guess is that anyone with enough assets to make this an interesting question would have a will anyway, redering the question uninteresting again.

Comment

Rabble rabble rabble....

I agree
                              In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                              I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Why would anyone care if 3, 5 or 10 people want to be married? Whats it to you? What someone does in their home is up to them, Right?
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X