X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Just what IS "marriage" anyway?

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    Kind of simplistic. I don't necessarily agree with Bob but I think it is a far reach to say he doesn't care what Jesus would think.
    I have read enough of Bob over the years to form a different opinion. That is all I will say on that.

Now back to getting stoned...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      I have read enough of Bob over the years to form a different opinion. That is all I will say on that.

Now back to getting stoned...
      They'll stone you just like they said they would . . .

Comment

A friend posted this bumper sticker: "The fact that you can't sell your daughter for 3 goats and a cow means that we have already redefined marriage."

Nice.
        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
          A friend posted this bumper sticker: "The fact that you can't sell your daughter for 3 goats and a cow means that we have already redefined marriage."

Nice.
          There were folks fighting to keep that practice too.
          Go Gophers!

Comment

Nice.
            That is outstanding
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Bob doesnt care what Jesus would actually think, he cares only about what the Bible said which is gays are bad! It also said we can stone our wives...hey maybe that is why divorce is so high WIVES SHOULD BE STONED MORE OFTEN!!!!

Man...I wonder what America would be like if Bob had his way
              Impressive. So many misconceptions squeezed into so few sentences.
              Originally posted by Priceless
              Good to see you're so reasonable.
              Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
              Very well, said.
              Originally posted by Rover
              A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Nice.
                We all agree that's not a good road to get to marriage. But,this quote confuses the road one gets to marriage with marriage itself. I'm pretty sure those marriages were male-female, just like pretty much always in every culture until this latest social trend. So no redefinition of marriage itself. But, hey, details, details, huh?
                Very well, said.
                A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
                  The churches problems are on an entirely different galaxy compared to the Boy Scouts.
                  But the trend of what happens when a group strays from its core principals in an effort to conform to the latest societal trend is the same. Look at a group like the Episcopaleans. They embrace gay marriage, gay priests, etc. and they are well on their way to becoming the first major denomination to literally wither away to nothing.
                  Very well, said.
                  A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    My immediate thought
                    I haven't seen your explanation and I don't know what you mean. I am unclear why Scouts would decline. These boys and men are the same boys and men they were before except now, instead of either lying about who they are or not being involved they can be honest. The men who were good leaders and happen to be gay are not suddenly going to turn into bad leaders. If someone judges only by sexual orientation then it is not the leader that has the trouble, it is the person who is judging on the wrong 'merits.'

Sexuality is not the most important part of most peoples' personality. When someone asks me to define myself I do not start out with my sexual preference or who I sleep with, I start out with a character trait. Others may start out with their profession. Do you look at a heterosexual and wonder who they sleep with or what they do in the bedroom as your first thought? Does who they sleep with negate all their other traits? I highly doubt it. Jesus associated with all the undesirables of his time- tax collectors, prostitutes, fallen women, lepers etc. When I see people judging those who they deem 'unfit' I wonder what Jesus would think about how we have forgotten what he has taught us.
                    The Boy Scouts have been pressured into making a change against who they've been their entire existence and against what at least a good chunk of the folks who send their kids to the Boy Scouts believe. All groups set all kinds of standards of what they believe in or not and what is acceptable or not acceptable for membership and participation in their groups. But, I guess the right of association, as with other rights in this country, isn't what it once was. This is simply a case where one group is forcing their views on the other group and won't rest until all differing perspectives are crushed. The Boy Scouts I'm sure have a number of criteria for who should be in leadership beyond this one, and if someone can't meet any of those standards, then they shouldn't be in leadership.

If sexuality isn't important, then why has everybody been having a fit at the Boy Scouts for the last umpteen years because they don't embrace the views others are forcing upon them? You can't go both ways at once. Certainly it's not the only or primary thing to focus on, but obviously it's important enough that people have exerted enormous pressure to the point the Scouts finally caved in. Can't blame them as I said. The ugliness that came up against them is washing across this nation and will come up against anyone else who doesn't think and do as some people say they should.
                    Very well, said.
                    A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Let's try something.

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                      The Boy Scouts have been pressured into making a change against who they've been their entire existence and against what at least a good chunk of the folks who send their kids to the Boy Scouts believe. All groups set all kinds of standards of what they believe in or not and what is acceptable or not acceptable for membership and participation in their groups. But, I guess the right of association, as with other rights in this country, isn't what it once was. This is simply a case where one group is forcing their views on the other group and won't rest until all differing perspectives are crushed. The Boy Scouts I'm sure have a number of criteria for who should be in leadership beyond this one, and if someone can't meet any of those standards, then they shouldn't be in leadership.

If race isn't important, then why has everybody been having a fit at the Boy Scouts for the last umpteen years because they don't embrace the views others are forcing upon them? You can't go both ways at once. Certainly it's not the only or primary thing to focus on, but obviously it's important enough that people have exerted enormous pressure to the point the Scouts finally caved in. Can't blame them as I said. The ugliness that came up against them is washing across this nation and will come up against anyone else who doesn't think and do as some people say they should.
                      Should they be allowed to exclude little white boys or black boys or brown boys or orange boys?

Comment

If sexuality isn't important, then why has everybody been having a fit at the Boy Scouts for the last umpteen years because they don't embrace the views others are forcing upon them? You can't go both ways at once. Certainly it's not the only or primary thing to focus on, but obviously it's important enough that people have exerted enormous pressure to the point the Scouts finally caved in. Can't blame them as I said. The ugliness that came up against them is washing across this nation and will come up against anyone else who doesn't think and do as some people say they should.
                        I don't see one thing in this entire post that explains why you believe that gay kids should be denied the opportunity to engage in scouting. Please explain why singling them out for rejection is in anyone's best interest.
                        "This world is your world. Take it easy, but take it." - Woody Guthrie

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                          Let's try something.

Should they be allowed to exclude little white boys or black boys or brown boys or orange boys?
                          Can't you come up with a better red herring than that?
                          Very well, said.
                          A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

It's not a red herring. It's an honest question. That it makes you uncomfortable is another issue best discussed between you and your shrink.

Comment

*******s can't help their racism.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                                Let's try something.

Should the Black Panthers be allowed to exclude white people form their ranks?
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X