X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Just what IS "marriage" anyway?

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
    You can have that conversation with unofan if you want. I'm not interested. Though I'd say some of the things he's put forward in some ways remind me of sharia law in their lack of tolerance and respect for others.

You see, some of us can see middle ground between religion not in any way informing anything in society and sharia law. Apparently unofan and others can't see anything in between. Doesn't surprise me, given past things I've seen said around here.
    Grey area is only good if it fits your agenda. Everyone is guilty of that.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Especially Bob...but to be fair life sucks when you are nailed to a cross

Can you imagine the hissy fit Bob would throw if someone from a religion unlike his said the same things he did? Remember only Jesus was right...he was also white and had a six pack and healed dinosaurs!!

*****http://gorightly.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/jesus_and_the_dinosaurs.jpg******
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Finding the above post kind of obnoxious.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Can you imagine the hissy fit Bob would throw if someone from a religion unlike his said the same things he did? Remember only Jesus was right...he was also white and had a six pack and healed dinosaurs!!
          Not all religious or spiritual people are as unforgiving as the examples you read in textbooks. What did you expect, the Spanish Inquisition? NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            Lots of things legitimately fall into grey areas. That's just the way life is.
            Originally posted by Priceless
            Good to see you're so reasonable.
            Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
            Very well, said.
            Originally posted by Rover
            A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

what have you got against healing dinosaurs? Colepiocephale hater!
              Very well, said.
              A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

They aren't dinosaurs. The correct term is "Jesus Horses"

Comment

Suddenly everybody is fixated on dinosaurs. Well, in that spirit, when I was a kid I always thought the diplodocus had a cool name.
                  Very well, said.
                  A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                    Suddenly everybody is fixated on dinosaurs. Well, in that spirit, when I was a kid I always thought the diplodocus had a cool name.
                    Just liberals changing the subject. This (queer hitchins) is one of the very few issues that I actually agree with them on, and it makes me feel extremely dirty. I don't want to be associated with the libs in any way. My way out is, I think it is a fairly conservative concept to allow gays to marry, the government shouldn't be intruding on their lives either, and should be as small as possible.
                    Last edited by bigblue_dl; 05-15-2013, 10:32 AM.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

One person's "changing the subject" is another person's "having fun on an internet message board." But since some people have absolutely no sense of humor I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

OK everyone, stay on topic or else!

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        Just liberals changing the subject. This (queer hitchins) is one of the very few issues that I actually agree with them on, and it makes me feel extremely dirty. I don't want to be associated with the libs in any way. My way out is, I think it is a fairly conservative concept to allow gays to marry, the government shouldn't be intruding on their lives either, and should be as small as possible.
                        To be fair, we do it to Bear Red on the D-I forum all the time. Actually, if anything, it's more of a libertarian point of view, where you may disagree with someone, but you defend their ability to do it. There's nothing wrong with that. And so what if you happen to agree with someone on something, yet disagree with them on most other things? That just goes to show that you're not some political troll like some of the Freddie Meyer wannabes on these threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                          One person's "changing the subject" is another person's "having fun on an internet message board." But since some people have absolutely no sense of humor I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

OK everyone, stay on topic or else!
                          Guess you'll have to keep your Jesus horses to yourself!
                          Very well, said.
                          A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Oh, I came up with an analogy I like: marriage is to life as the bar exam is to law school. You spend months preparing for it and at the end you're incredibly stressed out, but hopefully you only ever have to do it once.
                            Cornell University Men's Hockey
                            NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              Maybe it would be a good idea if we stopped assuming every person should be a 'them' or 'us', labeled as a liberal or a conservative and actually listen to what they think. Most people aren't on one end of the bell curve or the other and shockingly have a wide variety of views depending on the subject. Bob and I agree whole heartedly on some things and absolutely not on others.

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
                                Oh, I came up with an analogy I like: marriage is to life as the bar exam is to law school. You spend months preparing for it and at the end you're incredibly stressed out, but hopefully you only ever have to do it once.
                                And if you're good enough, you can gain admission to many places.

Comment

Working...
                                X