This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Just what IS "marriage" anyway?

Nice to see the post about it being a mental illness went away.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      Nice to see the post about it being a mental illness went away.
      What, you mean you can't just pray the gay away?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        What, you mean you can't just pray the gay away?
        It would be about as effective as praying for Shaquille O'Neal to get small.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
          It would be about as effective as praying for Shaquille O'Neal to get small.
          I recall reading a story about a celebrity going through that and then having a nervous breakdown and going to live in Mexico for a couple years.

Comment

And then there were 12. MN Senate just passed a bill legalizing gay marriage in Minnesota 37-30. Governor Dayton with sign it into law tomorrow.
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
              And then there were 12. MN Senate just passed a bill legalizing gay marriage in Minnesota 37-30. Governor Dayton with sign it into law tomorrow.
              There could be a downside though: http://dailycurrant.com/2013/05/13/b...iage-equality/

Congresswoman Michele Bachmann threatened to leave Minnesota today if the state goes ahead with its plans to legalize gay marriage.

In an interview with a local television station, the conservative firebrand said she believes God will destroy Minneapolis once the legislation is enacted, and wants to be far away when the reckoning happens.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                Daily Currant is satire.

Granted, it's **** near realistic satire, but it's satire.
                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                  Daily Currant is satire.

Gah I was thinking it might be, but should've looked a little deeper.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                    I have never understood this line of reasoning from the religious right. There are many things that are sins and yet not against the law. Premarital sex, adultery, sodomy, etc are all examples of things a "good christian" doesn't do yet none of them are actually against the law, so why should gay marriage be any different? We can all go on with our daily lives and not be effect by the fact that someone else is having premarital sex, committing adultery or married to someone of the same sex.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                      Daily Currant is satire.

That link has been blowing up my facebook by some of my liberal friends...taking it as an actual truthful story. The best part is the ones who link to articles that also took it as real...only to have the articles taken down.
                      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                      Originally posted by Quizmire
                      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

The best part is imagining a day when Minnesota is liberated from the presence of Michele Queen of Whack-a-Doodle Bachmann and its associated embarrassment.
                        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          I have never understood this line of reasoning from the religious right. There are many things that are sins and yet not against the law. Premarital sex, adultery, sodomy, etc are all examples of things a "good christian" doesn't do yet none of them are actually against the law, so why should gay marriage be any different? We can all go on with our daily lives and not be effect by the fact that someone else is having premarital sex, committing adultery or married to someone of the same sex.
                          Adultery is one of the no-nos in the 10 Commandments. Sodomy is also a bibical no-no. So, as the Hebrew National commercial goes, "We answer to a higher authority."

Premarital sex is a current bug a boo with some. With the increase of teenage baby mamas, the adage of playing with fire and you might get burned may be a good teaching point.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            Adultery is one of the no-nos in the 10 Commandments.
                            Which of the 10 Commandments forbids same-sex marriage?

Comment

Adultery is one of the no-nos in the 10 Commandments.
                              So is bearing false witness against one's neighbor. But unless you're in court or otherwise under oath and subject to a couple other limitations like fraud, lying is still protected by the 1st Amendment.

Also, that whole Freedom of Religion thing kind of makes the 1st through 3rd Commandments non-starters legally.

Comment

Adultery is one of the no-nos in the 10 Commandments. Sodomy is also a bibical no-no. So, as the Hebrew National commercial goes, "We answer to a higher authority."

Premarital sex is a current bug a boo with some. With the increase of teenage baby mamas, the adage of playing with fire and you might get burned may be a good teaching point.
                                You've basically defended my position for me...why does the religious right need want more laws? They already have their own set of laws that they are suppose to follow. This country is based on a freedom of religion, and not all religions believe the same things so not we shouldn't be making law of scripture. The bible says not to do something, so if you believe in the bible, don't do, but not everyone believes in the bible so we don't need a law to say someone can't do something. That is the beauty of America.
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X